[HowTo] Turn mouse tearing OFF :)

xtraa

89 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was looking for a way to turn the Mouse tearing off. It is caused by the mouseshadow, that does not

upgrade the graphics correctly and makes text passages unreadalble etc.

So here is a fix that will remove the slices and artefacts and the tearing 98%

Download Boinx Mouseposé 2.1. Note: if you have *for some reasons* just a license key for 1.1, you can

also use it, it will then downgrade, but it still works. Afaik, they give it away for free anyway, and it is a small

company, so you can also support them if you like :)

Drag the app as well as the Extras folder int your Application folder.

Start the app and in the settings do the following:

First under Mouseposé effects

1. check the Advanced settings checkbox

2. type a "0" in the "Opacity" entry field

3. under "Circle Radius" enter "40" pixel

4. uncheck the "Deactivate after" checkbox

Finally click on Miscellaneous and

1. check the "on login" checkbox

2. select update to never

3. set the "show application in" to "menu bar"

Next, go to your OSX Users settings in the System Preferences.

1. click on Startobjects

2. click the plus, navigate to the Extras>Speakable Items folder you copied from the install image

3. select "Show Mouse" and click on add

Thats it :)

(I know this is dirty, *lol* and it still has a little scribbling right under the pointer sometimes,

but well, -no slices, no artefacts and it works. Aaaand, you can also use it with Salling

Clicker to remote control things via Bluetooth and applescript, like your Front Row :D

I think this fix will make things more comftable, untill the January drivers comes up.

Edited by xtraa

• 1 month later...

Hi,

if you see the symbol in the bar, and the script symbol jumping at startup in the

dock, then mousepose loaded up correctly :)

Just to verify that it is loaded at all. If thats the case, you can additionally try to

press F1, because this is the standard hotbutton for mousepose to quickly dis or

enablke it.

If it should work after pressin F1, then something went wrong with the auto-enable

script at startup.

Edited by xtraa

You mean when you close frontrow again, after using it, your mouse is broken? have

you installed the latest maxxuss tuning 1.1.? That could fix it, for some it did.

I am sorry that it does not work for you. It worked for many people in the

meantime. Try the suggestion, maybe we find a fix. :shock:

Edited by xtraa

well in fact when i quit WARCRAFT3 or any other apps using opengl i get my mouse cut into dozen parts ! i can just see a line not mouse cursor

any solution?

ps: i already have the TUNING 1.1 i guess the maxxuss ati driver fix that but removes the QE! lol

Ah, ok, now i know what you mean :9

i had the same issue with iPhoto. after fullscreen mode it was exactly the same. Thats an issue, of course, that mousepose can't fix ;D

but however, I fixed it for iPhoto by removing the "cube" effect and setting the slideshow effects back to standard.

So sigcpu is absolutely right, It must have something to do with openGL.

I would like to add my 0.2 cents I ran this program and it caused other applications not to work on reboot ie my instant messger client aniem... also other applications would frezze and not start. I also got a werid kernel message on reboot saying such and such failed and was going to be force killed this was after it backed out of the gui portion... I give you the exact error messages from my log file later I am at work unfortunality

I also got a werid kernel message on reboot saying such and such failed and was going to be force killed this was after it backed out of the gui portion... I give you the exact error messages from my log file later I am at work unfortunality

Thats too bad. I guess, the failed load of some drivers here will be the reason. I really think it has nothing to

do with mousepose :thumbsup_anim: It simply can't be responsible for a panic, because it does not load a driver, so no kernel

panics possible here.

I really would appreciate it if you would post your logfile, m8. :angel:

But please do not let us confuse new users, before you made absolutely sure that this is really caused by that workaround.

:censored2:

Edited by xtraa

this soultion did not work for me either.. it caused a werid random crash on reboot via the console about a kernel fault or something and it halted and then rebooted... Then I get back in and adium (sp) the instant messager program I used stoped working and created a stack dump in the log file... which I will post later if anyone has a want/need to see it. I dumped all that stuff removed it from the startup applications list and everything went back to normal. And yes other apps besides standard osx ones still have mouse tearing so that did nothing for me expect break my applications

this is odd... doesn't seem to be caused by that program but some werid APCI thing...

Date/Time: 2006-01-24 20:15:54.377 -0500

OS Version: 10.4.3 (Build 8F1111g)

Report Version: 4

Command: Adium

Path: /Applications/Adium.app/Contents/MacOS/Adium

Parent: WindowServer [85]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 0.87 (0.87)

PID: 200

Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000002

there more to it but that's the jest.. it says something about apci later. O and evern though it says adium on there I have a log that looks the same from mouseposse as well

Command: Mouseposé

Path: /Volumes/Boinx Mousepose?^? 1.2/Mousepose?^?.app/Contents/MacOS/Mousep$

Parent: WindowServer [91]

Rosetta: Yes

Version: 1.2 (1.2)

PID: 217

Thread: 0

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xc002d000

Edited by lmie

@lmie:

ok, i think this is getting OT, because it seems to be a common problem either with your kernel or with rosetta.

We can find out easily: Download the new Adium 0.88 , delete the old one (it will keep your settings) start the

new one. I bet it won't panic this time, because the new one is an UniBin, what means no use of rosetta.

Did you used JaS Patch? If yes, make sure to copy the proper Kernel that fits your CPU from your patches

folder on the DVD over your existig one.

hum let's hope the latest kext of 10.4.4 dont have this bug anyway we wont know until someone can try them ! cause the X1600 use another kext file...

hum too bad that ATI doesnt support universal binary driver on their website

Sry I didn't mean to cause a big uproar... This is my frist time with mac osx I used freebsd and other unix os's many times in the past... I just very new to mac I havn't since like 1994 or something like that.. Thanks for being kind to my newbieness

Sry I didn't mean to cause a big uproar... This is my frist time with mac osx I used freebsd and other unix os's many times in the past... I just very new to mac I havn't since like 1994 or something like that.. Thanks for being kind to my newbieness

you are welcome :D it is always apprechiated to try and ask :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What is making the mouse to tear, how did Apple managed to fix this issue, there must be something wrong with the driver, maybe time is ower only friend... Maybe 10.4.6 will fix this issue, who knows..

No it won't, we have that bug because Apple want us to have it (or at least, if they don't, it's related to the hardware within their iMAC which is causing problems with our PCs).

Why am I telling this ? Simply because since the announcement of the new MacMini, we definitly know that Apple will use a GMA950 intel chip and GMA 9x0 users report the same problem as our (at least, maybe not the mouse tearing, but the no resolution switch bug, etc) with the new 10.4.5 update.

Restoring an old kext from 10.4.4 (which is actually pretty old, Apple was pretty far of the new MacMini) would make the resolution switcher back, so it's pretty sure it has something to do with the real macs themselves (TPM ? Nah I don't think so since developpement kit have TPM for awhile and GMA9x0 worked 100% on our PCs. EFI ? Now that could be it... I am not sure though).

In other word : Do not expect Apple to fix it for us, they simply won't since it's no point for them and for their computers. We gotta figure it on our own :)