Nifties in Leopard

damirko

50 posts in this topic

I also noticed that Pages documents don't work either, seems odd that Apple wouldn't support their own product. It will probably work with '07 of course.

Hmm... maybe a sign that Pages/Keynote will be moving to OpenDocument...? That would be insanely great!

In the screensaver panel you can add a digital clock overlay to any screensaver. The neat part is, the position of the clock is based on where the hour hand would be on a traditional clock. So at noon it's at the top center of the screen, at three it's on the right, etc.

post-117098-1182827550_thumb.png

Hmm... maybe a sign that Pages/Keynote will be moving to OpenDocument...? That would be insanely great!

I don't think they will, right now Pages documents are saved as a package (almost like an app). I guess that's how they store media in the file. They would have to change the entire file structure.

It can also open/save Office 2007 Word documents. They don't work in Quick Look though. :D I also noticed that Pages documents don't work either, seems odd that Apple wouldn't support their own product. It will probably work with '07 of course.

Pages works for me.

post-81675-1183070180_thumb.png

the screenshots on the apple site show everything on the desktop hidden....how do you do that? (third party software?)

If you mean with no icons on the desktop, you can do that just by quitting the Finder. You either have to do it from Activity Monitor or use TinkerTool etc. to add the Quit option to the Finder menu. As long as there's something else open, the Finder won't automatically relaunch.

Safari now has an option to restore all tabs from the previous session (eg, closing the browser or after a crash). Click on History then 'Reopen all windows from last session'

you can view a full film in quick view, even full screen it and move to different points in the film.

you need to install the codecs but it works a treat, dont need to even open quicktime or vlc now!

For those curious what multiple physical screens look like in spaces (yes mine are different resolutions, 1280x800 & 1680x1050).

I was hoping to see all the spaces of one monitor grouped together on their relative screens, not for them all to be squashed on the main monitor.

post-17827-1183372801_thumb.jpg

you can view a full film in quick view, even full screen it and move to different points in the film.

you need to install the codecs but it works a treat, dont need to even open quicktime or vlc now!

Install the newest Perian (1.0) works a lot faster than 0.5, especially in CoverFlow. Only file it couldn't play was an xVid file. (the file does work in Quicktime though)