Bugs of 10.5

damasta

69 posts in this topic

Other that the bluetooth and mail issues I haven't had much trouble since I did a clean install.

I hooked up my MBP to a an external monitor, and when i moved my firefox window over any contextual menus from right clicking showed up on my MBP screen instead. I also have this issue where I go to my bluetooth menu, drop down to my Motorola q, mouse over "send file" and "browse device" and when I go back to any part of the menu the drop down shoots over the the far left side of my screen. Very odd.

Really odd bug:

With a powerbook G4 (15"), when I tilt it to the side, I get a KP (kernel panic). I have not extensively tested this, as I hate rebooting, so it may only happen when the laptop is turned back right-side-up.

the animations of expose, spaces, dashboard, dock magnification are choppy - like when quartz, etc. are turned off, but they are enabled, i checked.

while animations in quicklook, cover flow are smooth.

also, when switching windows it's slow and unpleasant, like it waits to draw the new top of the window.

any solution to this? it's the reason i prefer tiger...

on macbook pro

At least I'm not the only one. :/

6 months old iMac Core 2 Duo 20" 2.16ghz ATI X1600, 2 GB ram, everything is choppy, far away from the fluidity that amazed me on Tiger.

While the fadings and dock magnification are a little more choppy than it was on my hackintosh (no QE & CI !), the dashboard water effect is fluid, where it wasn't on my hackintosh ...

At least I'm not the only one. :/

6 months old iMac Core 2 Duo 20" 2.16ghz ATI X1600, 2 GB ram, everything is choppy, far away from the fluidity that amazed me on Tiger.

While the fadings and dock magnification are a little more choppy than it was on my hackintosh (no QE & CI !), the dashboard water effect is fluid, where it wasn't on my hackintosh ...

I think the dock and menubar just aren't finished. They might stay like they are (I liked the legacy versions better) but they will improve certainly because the dock has jaggies and the menubar makes any dark background look like a horrible decision. Not to mention the poorness of the magnification animation on all computers with the current dock.

Well it's just time to say :

Unsanity has got our backs :D

(reference to AppleGeeks lite comic, go take a look ^^)

Parallels Desktop works fine by the way, I didn't excepted it to work that good because of something I can't explain, I mean it's an complex program, maybe I'm just too used to Windows updates :P (as you may have guessed, English is not my mother language :hysterical:)

EDIT : Expose's show desktop function seems to screw up a little menu bar transparency consistency, nothing harmful, but just something whiter than the rest, goes away by playiing with an selection rectangle or just with an icon.

EDIT 2 : With QuartzGL enabled, Dock was smoother but it's icons were f**** up (emplace all the orange by blue and vice-versa, but not n all icons, only spaces,safari,mail,time machine,adium,preview,itunes. finder and the rest (and yeah they have blue on them :P) are OK) after disabling QuartzGL, and after having restarted the dock (goold old killall Dock) colors are still weird

INSTALLED FRESH CLEAN INSTALL OF LEOPARD

WORKS FLAWLESS_ had some litte connection problems but it fixied it , its self, and with updates had a little problem at first - it went to sleep and never woke up so i had to reboot.

Only 1 Issue - on Macbook Pro has back lit keyboard, and its suppost to light up when it gets darker, well mine stays lit up even when the room is fully lit, and yes the box is checked that says "illuminate when dark or something like that ,

any idea ?

I cant really post a screen shot of it ;)

Same iMac : Mouse corruption at an screen place (always the same, if i leave that small zone mouse back to normal)

Always happens in the installer, only sometimes when I use the finder, always same part of the screen (very small, i'll say 15x100 pixels out of 1680x1050), I switch to another window, move it, mouse is ok on that part.

EDIT : Nevermind, restarted, now it's always there on the same exact part of the screen. Trying to change resolution ...

Three things so far, when accessing spaces from the dock, the dock reflections are still active when moving apps; Time machine (at least on my macbook) doesnt have the animated background; and expose allows me to switch to the desktop and come back to timemachine with a blank window. Also SMB shares dont work fully when they're not another mac or xp machine.

Three things so far, when accessing spaces from the dock, the dock reflections are still active when moving apps; Time machine (at least on my macbook) doesnt have the animated background; and expose allows me to switch to the desktop and come back to timemachine with a blank window. Also SMB shares dont work fully when they're not another mac or xp machine.

Well I guess you are running an Intel GMA wich isn't supported by the moment on Leopard.

Expose won't let me do anything while timemachine is running, but I guess that's due to the unaccelerated bg for you.

I don't see what you mean by dock spaces cause I don't see the dock while running spaces.

I only have the constantely crashing finder with shares, If I mount one by double clicking then I unmount it, BOOM (as someone often say :D) all the computers dissapear in the list.

Copying files from another OSX share is painfully slow...

Around 2 - 3 hours for a 360MByte movie!!!

Also still no A2DP bluetooth profile whereas it is already available in Win XP..

I succesfully paired and used my Jabra BT620 headset. Works great appart from the volume control on the headset.

Expose won't let me do anything while timemachine is running, but I guess that's due to the unaccelerated bg for you.

I don't see what you mean by dock spaces cause I don't see the dock while running spaces.

Heres what i mean. also noticed one of leopards included wallpapers makes the menubar hard to use with the transparency

post-17827-1183134648_thumb.png

post-17827-1183134687_thumb.png

post-17827-1183134824_thumb.png

post-17827-1183135502_thumb.png

for some reason Leopard doesn't see my USB external HDD attached to factory ports

possible that leopard won't see mass storage not attached to USB 2.0?

replacing the Leopard IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext with one from Tiger a possible fix?

AppleTV... BackRow.... Front Row (got it the third time :tomato: )... worked after installation. Now it hangs for about 5 minutes without taking any input and then works. I did nothing, as I don't have a media library. I'm using it just to impress my friends with movie previews :)

Also still no A2DP bluetooth profile whereas it is already available in Win XP..

Actually, the profile is there. My Pulsar 590A headphones are identified correctly, but the sound output driver is just not installed or activated. Guess it's a work in progress..

Adi

• 3 weeks later...
Really odd bug:

With a powerbook G4 (15"), when I tilt it to the side, I get a KP (kernel panic). I have not extensively tested this, as I hate rebooting, so it may only happen when the laptop is turned back right-side-up.

I have the same problem with my PowerBook G4. It's related to the handling of events from the Sudden Motion Sensor. You can disable the kernel extension by entering the following on the Terminal command line:

% sudo kextunload -c IOI2CMotionSensor

You will be asked for your password. Only works if you are an admin on your machine.