how to break glass (quietly)

40 posts in this topic

ok, i was running from some hobos and my backpack with $150 got dropped in an abandoned church. i came back to get it, only to discover that the main entrance has been boarded up. i can see it through this pane of glass. i need that backpack. it is in the middle of a residential area, so i can't break the glass loudly. how would i go around doing this?

the only ones are through the front, which is on abusy street, the roof, which i can't climb without being noticed, the side which has a lady who lives there for the sole purpose of calling the police on people who go into the church, and the basement which has 3.5ft of water in it. maybe i will get a raft

Well if it is a church so it should be open... hmmm... but if the backpack is yours why you cant go to the police and make them get it for you?

Because the backpack has cans and coins he stole from the hobos in it, hence why they were chasing him! :-)

the church is abandoned. the reason the hobos where chasing me was because i stepped on a bottle of shampoo of theirs

the reason i can't go to the police is because i am was not nesisarilly supposed to be there

the church is abandoned. the reason the hobos where chasing me was because i stepped on a bottle of shampoo of theirs

the reason i can't go to the police is because i am was not nesisarilly supposed to be there

It was a joke.

I'm sure if you explained it to the police they would at least get you in contact with someone to let you in.

had i not been kicked out of there by them before, i would do that. i will just wait till it is dark, and take a thick blanket to muffle the sound and protect my hands... and pull the glass out.

had i not been kicked out of there by them before, i would do that. i will just wait till it is dark, and take a thick blanket to muffle the sound and protect my hands... and pull the glass out.

By the police? Ah, the full story is coming out.

If it was me and its an abandoned church I would break the window regardless of sound, grab my bag and take off. (But I never said I did what was right all the time.)

i will practice my wall climbing skillz, the quickest way out is straight through a persons yard who is currently having a party. i can try to hop the walls around it and run

The next day when he opens his backpack. "Hey how did a gold cross and chalice get in there. Woops. Score one for getting that 8-core Mac Pro."

Since its by a busy street, here's what I'd do: Go to a junkyard and find a crappy car for a few hundred bucks. Modify the car with a rollcage and a huge plow in the front. Maybe put a few machine guns where the sideview mirrors should be, and wire controls to the dashboard. Maybe also find a v8 from a Hemi Cuda. At 3am, put the pedal to the floor, race through traffic, and slam headfirst through the church doors. Use the plow and machineguns to bust through walls, then grab your backpack and exit by smashing through the back wall. If any hobos jump you, just throw a grenade at them and speed away.

Or you could just find an open window and hop in and out.

yeah, there was an open window off the fire escape. i like the car idea. anyone know where the nearest junkyard with a salvageable car in it is?post-46812-1182126497_thumb.jpg that is the church

• 2 weeks later...
Since its by a busy street, here's what I'd do: Go to a junkyard and find a crappy car for a few hundred bucks. Modify the car with a rollcage and a huge plow in the front.

I won't consent to that :)

Why not steal a diamond and cut your way through?

This may be a bit to late, but whatever...

Most of the sound of "glass breaking" actually comes from when the glass shards hit the ground/another surface. I would recommend putting tape (duct tape, etc) over the glass then breaking it. It will prevent the glass from falling to the ground, however you would still be able to bend it to remove it from its housing.