Hackintosh 10.4.9 VMWare 6

5 posts in this topic

I'm using uphuck's universal 1.3 10.4.9 install dvd..

I'm wondering what the best patches, kernel and drivers I need to intall onto my VMWare Workstation 6 setup here to gain the best experince.. ;)

Yes, I've looked at the guide posted on the osx86 wiki, please do not point me to it, thank you..

The host computer is an AMD laptop (AMD, Turion 64 ML-30 (not duel core) wif an ATI 200m mobile chip). My host operating system is not.. 64bit.

I've tried one way with installing a couple of things i thought would work, but once the install completes the installer reboots the vm and it just sits at a blank screen.. no signs of the boot loader :P Random question: do I need the 10.4.4 loginwindow fix?

I had no trouble installing JaS's 10.4.8, but I'd prefer to be on 10.4.9 if I can without too much trouble. And to avoid some flames, I know VMWare is not the best setup for preformace wise.

well if u got 10.4.8 installing and running without issues then install that,

then follow this guide and do the update, dont worry about the kernel update it would just complicate things

that would be the easiest way i could think of

tell us how that goes

btw whats with the name ;)

ROFLCAKES - I've had this nick for years, haha!

Thanks for the information, however I allready know a method to get this JaS 10.4.8 to 10.4.9, but I'd like to see if people have tried VMWare and uphuck's 1.3 ;)

Well after a second attempt at installing uphuck's 1.3 release onto VMWare, I've given up. When I'm in the mood to try again, I'll go back to using this JaS release that I know worked once before.