ALPS Glidepad beta driver

phb

196 posts in this topic

Hey.

***DO NOT USE THIS***

It's not. working. compiled. tested. packaged.

But hey, if anyone's bored, go snatch it.

my driver is in FFSCROLL_PS2 directory. The helpers (pref panel, daemon, startup item, default prefs), are in the original FFScroll directory, but I patched all the xcodescripts so they build out of the box.

This is f***ing not working so don't use it.

Get it? I'm not gonna answer ANY questions on this. it has the same bugs as before, ie, nothing fixed, it'll kerneldump if you twofinger scroll, default prefs sucks for alps touchpad. etc.

I'll put up something that won't require you imerse in FFScroll later.

Get it? Don't use this.

Don't click this.

etc.

http://www.nada.kth.se/~jobjo/FFSCROLL_PS2.tar.gz

/Johan

actually, it doesn't work at all.

the file doesn't decompress...

but what can you do!

when do you think you'll be able to post something that DOES work?

can't wait 'till then!

-Urby

scp: /afs/nada.kth.se/home/w/u1dckxaw/public_html/FFSCROLL_PS2.tar.gz: No space left on device

oups. explains a thing or two :D

i'll do a nicer release tomorow instead :lol:

***update***

fixed the upload. same stays tho, it's a f***ing mess and it'll be hard as hell to get working. don't use it.

Hi all, I''m a noob so sorry for my stupid question..

I have an ALPS touchpad (on my SONY VAIO TR1MP) and it is not recognized by 10.4.3 8f1111 at all.

With USB mouse all goes well, anyone can help me?

I just tried your kexts, but seems nothing changed.

Thank you in advance

best regards

s

make sure you try the right kext for the right version. Also, the post where phb indicated that "NO ONE SHOULD USE THIS!!!!!" should not be used.

check if you've got 10.4.1 or 10.4.3, then go to the first few pages of this thread and see where ur at.

Good luck :offtopic:

Thankyou suleiman for your suddendly answer! I just downloaded and installed the kext for 10.4.3 by Johan but nothing change again.

If I unload and reload the ApplePS2Trackpad.kext it runs well.

The message i recceived is:

#kextload -t ApplePS2Trackpad.kext/
kextload: extension ApplePS2Trackpad.kext/ appears to be valid
kextload: extension ApplePS2Trackpad.kext/ loaded successfully

But my touchpad remains dead. :-(

sigh sob

Anyon could help me?

Thank you guys!

s

Whoot. New version guys :)

**This is NOT for production whatever. If you don't know how to follow the instructions below, wait until I release something with an installer**

This one is "Rewritten" (Now using FFScroll "core").

Download:

Extract to /, set permissions, go ahead.

If you arn't confy with doing this stuff, just use the previous versions, and wait til I release something with an installer.

Reboot after installing the files.

http://www.nada.kth.se/~jobjo/ALPS.tar.gz

*Random {censored}*

Supposedly supports a whole damn lots of things, some which seems very cool (hotspots etc).

Anyway, I havn't really got any of that working ;)

The configuration interface is totaly stoned, and as I havn't botherd to learn obj-C yet, the code for it makes absolutly no sense to me :)

...divide-by-zero gives exception on x86.. on ppc it just sets the result to 0.. now isn't that kinda wack.

***Update***

Forgot to mention. This only supports one mousebutton currently

this looks like good times Johan, thanks for the update.

One quick question: is the lack of both mouse buttons because you haven't learned obj-C programming yet? Or is it just a bug? just wondering.

Anyways I'll try this out and let you know how it goes.

I don't know if this issue is still present, but sometimes after I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, tapping with the touchpad is disabled (and consequently dragging). I can reenable it though by going into Trackpad preferences. This has happened twice that I've noticed, I don't know whether it's reproducible because my laptop kernel panics randomly on waking from sleep.

edit: Oh, and I'm running 10.4.3 b8f1111g.

I don't know if this issue is still present, but sometimes after I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, tapping with the touchpad is disabled (and consequently dragging). I can reenable it though by going into Trackpad preferences. This has happened twice that I've noticed, I don't know whether it's reproducible because my laptop kernel panics randomly on waking from sleep.

edit: Oh, and I'm running 10.4.3 b8f1111g.

My laptop can't sleep in OSX86 project, so it'll be a bit hard to debug. I'll take a look at it and parhaps give you a debug version when I get home.

Cheers

/Johan

PS: I forgot to add the Controlpanel to the tar.gz file! (Sorry!). It's fixed now!

this looks like good times Johan, thanks for the update.

One quick question: is the lack of both mouse buttons because you haven't learned obj-C programming yet? Or is it just a bug? just wondering.

Anyways I'll try this out and let you know how it goes.

The lack of two mousebuttons is because all apple laptops only have one mousebutton, and therefor, FFScroll doesn't support two ;)

It'll be really easy to implement, then testing it will probably be a bit more tricky. I've said it before and i'll say it again. FFScroll code scares the {censored} out of me, and i'm not very eager to touch it. ew. "It Works"

/Johan

how did you get them both to work phb? is it a revision to the software or is it possible to get both working through the latest driver you posted?

Edit: sorry phb, didn't see the end of your post. I'm looking forward to your update tonite :D

It's an update to the software. The FFScroll code didn't take into account that any laptop could have more then one mousebutton (HERESY! :D )

I'm very interested in reports on what features you manage to get working :D (And also what's not working!) So I can make a generic release soon.

New kext attached. (only kext)

*BTW* Would anyone be interested in having this for Synaptics touchpads?

I think I rather easily would be able to port it to them, however, I don't own any laptop with synaptics touchpad, so I will need someone who can be a betatester...

alps_just_kext.tar.gz

phb, will this new kext enable two buttoned mouse operation? Or do we have to wait for you to post the updated FFScroll software tonite? I really appreciate all your hard work on this, I'm just a little reluctant to try something out that won't have dual mouse button functionality...as this is my work machine.

phb, will this new kext enable two buttoned mouse operation? Or do we have to wait for you to post the updated FFScroll software tonite? I really appreciate all your hard work on this, I'm just a little reluctant to try something out that won't have dual mouse button functionality...as this is my work machine.

Yes, that update will give you two mousebuttons.

however. my alarmbell just rang

you are using.. osx86.. on a WORK machine? are you freaking insane? :(

Cheers

/Johan

you are using.. osx86.. on a WORK machine? are you freaking insane? :P

Hellz yes I'm crazy! Crazy about having a Work machine I can actually get some WORK done on. Instead of being blasted by pop-ups, adware, spyware, system crashes, application crashes, brain crashes.

I'll try this new addition and see where we're at Johan...thanks for this release :pirate2:

okay latest news: I loaded the new kext file and everything that once worked before seems to still be working fine (meaning I get a trackpad with both mouse buttons working and tapping too).

The problem is that I can't two finger scroll! I checked the box in the Mouse preferences pane and selected only vertical two finger scrolling. But I just can't get it to scroll. I don't have a preference pane for FFScroll anywhere either, so I don't know where to find the configuration panel that you were talking about.

This still looks promising though!

Yes, that update will give you two mousebuttons.

however. my alarmbell just rang

you are using.. osx86.. on a WORK machine? are you freaking insane? :star_smile:

Cheers

/Johan

Thanks for the hard work on this!

I tried your latest build and unfortunately got this:

Set Timeout Starting

Set Timeout to loop Failed 0

Set Timeout to loop Ending

Click Timer Starting

Add Click Timer to Work loop Failed

Set Timeout to loop Ending

ApplePS2Trackpad: ALPS GlidePoint v4.50

com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad is loaded, but it doesn't respond to any trackpad input at all. Can you provide any input on where I should look to troubleshoot this??

Thanks!

op