WoW shadow artifacts

Stony

14 posts in this topic

Hello, I've a strange Problem in WoW. The shadows are not correctly displayed and I dont know why. I adjusted WoW's already to full and then to minimum settings to test different graphic adjustments. Nothing works.

As you can see in my sig I use a ATI x800 GTO, CI and QE enabled. AGPGart 2.1 is running, too.

Driver is Callisto 8.

Here you can see a screenshot to show you my problem a bit more detailled:

wowkr7.jpg

Is there any setting to deactivate the shadows or something else I can do?

i play wow on my osx86 every day and i have no shadow bugs what so ever everything is running nice and smooth in 1650x1050 and in window mode too

no problem

running titan on a gforce 6800 ultra on p4 3gig

mis

You're miles ahead of me. I could never get my X800 to do both QE/CI/OpenGL *and* have resolutions changes. I opted for the ability to change my res over acceleration. I'm personally of the opinion that the only AGP card worth buying and using anymore is the 7x00 series (7600GS, 7800GS).

• 1 month later...

When I updated to 10.4.9 (via Tubgirl amd delta) and re-applied the drivers from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37175

I got that shadowing problem.

After some fiddling around with various files I found that using the files from the

Tubgirl delta with just the Natit.kext from the drivers in the above link fixed

the problem for me (with a clean re-install to make sure that all was as it should

be with no unwanted files). Unfortunately the drivers I use appear to be only for

x1x00 cards and not the earlier ones, but if you are still having problems then

this should give you something to guide your efforts.

That means Natit works with an x800 Pro, too?

The Natit.kext available here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33007

lists several x800 variants within it, try each of the download options the first post in the thread lists.

The main thing to make sure is that the Callistio drivers have been removed completely and that

the ATI driver files on your system are the 10.4.9 ones, then put Natit.kext into /System/Library/Extensions

and repair permissions. At worst it should still allow you to reboot into safe mode and remove Natit.kext

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm getting the same problem with shadows on my X1950 Pro. I'm using the Dimitrik drivers on 10.4.10 (Jas 10.4.8 -> Uphuck 10.4.9 -> Unknown 10.4.10 install). I have no idea what drivers I should be using, deleting, or replacing, to get WoW working without any shadow artifacts, or even how to go about it, as I'm a hackintosh noob. (Although I've managed to get the sound and network card working on my motherboard :( ). Everything else does seem fine, although I have seen the game seriously slow down when I quickly rotate the camera and/or when there's a lot of people about (e.g Ironforge), I don't know if that's a side effect of the drivers, the card itself, or I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Any help, or at least a little guidance, would be really appreciated! :)

Cheerie,

Monty

Found the answer to my problems concerning this: Removed all the ATI and ati kexts, then installed the Boris drivers for the X1950 available in the drivers forum here. QE/CI enabled, all resolutions available, and no corrupt shadows, or tiled effects on the textures. Woot. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Could you detail your prodecure a bit more, Monty?

When I updated to 10.4.9 (via Tubgirl amd delta) and re-applied the drivers from:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37175I got that shadowing problem.After some fiddling around with various files I found that using the files from the Tubgirl delta with just the Natit.kext from the drivers in the above link fixed the problem for me (with a clean re-install to make sure that all was as it should be with no unwanted files). Unfortunately the drivers I use appear to be only for x1x00 cards and not the earlier ones, but if you are still having problems then this should give you something to guide your efforts.
Could you clarify on how you did that?

EDIT - Fixed it, everything works fine now!