wwdc v10.5

msix

42 posts in this topic

Also, before posting new topics, read others first. The closed thread "when is leo going to leak" has all the info you need in the last 2-3 pages.

Hi !

where can I download new version of osx leoprad witch was introduced in WWDC07

On torrent trackers I found only old version, from last year.

Thanks for anwsers

Ok.. update. It was on oink, I had 3.4% of it, then it was gone. The seeder got nailed by Apple. It is floating around private FTPs. Its not on Oink, i'm a member, its never going to be on the green demon, there was a message to the members saying that... it might never come out. We have been waiting this long.. and Apple is doing a hell of a job keeping it from us!

Leopard will hit the green demon. They said they won't let the BETA of Leopard on the site, but when the official version is out, it will be up.

Leopard will hit the green demon. They said they won't let the BETA of Leopard on the site, but when the official version is out, it will be up.

Yeah, but that doesn't help us now, that will be in October!

Demonoid's take on hosting Leopard really doesn't make sense to me. I think that Apple will be just as angry about them having the retail version (probably more angry). I just don't see how it makes a difference...

It will probably be up by tomorrow for sure.

The WWDC just ended today! Now think; if you were a WWDC member and were going to add the 9a466 to the bay or oink, would you do it while on your beautiful trip to San Francisco? No! They'll do it when they get home and have nothing to do, which will be tomorrow.. maybe even tonight.

The WWDC just ended today! Now think; if you were a WWDC member and were going to add the 9a466 to the bay or oink, would you do it while on your beautiful trip to San Francisco? No! They'll do it when they get home and have nothing to do, which will be tomorrow.. maybe even tonight.

Makes sense to me... I wouldn't try seeding a torrent from my hotel connection (like the guy from oink supposedly tried to), it is resonable to believe a decent leak will pop up as soon as the WWDC ends, unless the developer lives in SF.

Thats what we keep saying but will it happen? Possibly the FTP is going to go up tonight or tomorrow as well, but will it happen?

All we can do is pray for the developers help. :)

I really don't get why they don't just upload it to usenet. There are providers that don't keep logs and offer complete privacy to uploaders, and once it's on there no amount of cease and desist letters are going to get it off. I know people complain about having to pay $15 a month for usenet, but torrents are slower and more risky, and most of the good trackers are elitist and require you to put in at least $15 worth of work and/or bandwidth to keep in their good books. To me it's well worth $15 a month to download EVERYTHING I want, usually within hours of scene release, at my maximum bandwidth from start to finish. The term leech isn't even applicable on usenet ;)

I sure hope whoever has it, or gets it soon has the sense to upload to usenet! Then *everyone* can have it (if they have a good ISP/provider or paid their $3 for a 3 day account) :blink:

I really don't get why they don't just upload it to usenet. There are providers that don't keep logs and offer complete privacy to uploaders, and once it's on there no amount of cease and desist letters are going to get it off. I know people complain about having to pay $15 a month for usenet, but torrents are slower and more risky, and most of the good trackers are elitist and require you to put in at least $15 worth of work and/or bandwidth to keep in their good books. To me it's well worth $15 a month to download EVERYTHING I want, usually within hours of scene release, at my maximum bandwidth from start to finish. The term leech isn't even applicable on usenet :)

I sure hope whoever has it, or gets it soon has the sense to upload to usenet! Then *everyone* can have it (if they have a good ISP/provider or paid their $3 for a 3 day account) :fiery:

I think they prefer to reach a broader audience, or they are just more fond of BitTorrent, plus it's not necessary true that torrents are slower.

As for the people complaining, frankly I don't think it's so smart to pay for pirated software - that's my opinion but I'm sure somebody else agrees on that.

iDarbert: Usenet would reach the widest audience - people would be able to have it downloaded and on torrent sites within a couple of hours of it being posted to usenet. Theoretically 100 different people could have it downloaded and on 100 different torrent sites (or even 1000, or 10000) within that same couple of hours. Usenet would have it propagated across thousands of servers around the world within hours. No number of cease and desist letters would be able to bring it down.

As for speed - I get 800k/sec from usenet from the moment I click the download button until the moment it's done. I have to upload nothing, and uploading nothing doesn't make me a leech. With torrents I'm lucky to get 800k/sec at all during the download, it'll likely dip as low as 50k/sec for parts, and I'm expected to keep it running long after my download is done to maintain my ratio. To me, there's no comparison :)

Each to their own, though!

As for it not being smart to pay for pirated software, that's not how I see it at all! I'm paying for 1) Access to the first and greatest discussion forum on the internet and 2) easy, FAST, reliable access to pretty much everything newly released and a whole ton of older stuff. As I said, though, most good ISPs throw usenet service in for free.

iDarbert: Usenet would reach the widest audience - people would be able to have it downloaded and on torrent sites within a couple of hours of it being posted to usenet. Theoretically 100 different people could have it downloaded and on 100 different torrent sites (or even 1000, or 10000) within that same couple of hours. Usenet would have it propagated across thousands of servers around the world within hours. No number of cease and desist letters would be able to bring it down.

Well don't get me wrong, I'm all for the FTP/Usenet first, torrent later because it helps skip the painful part where there is only one seeder against 300 peers, I'm just guessing why they don't chose the usenet.

Or maybe all the ones willing to share are BitTorrent fans :thumbsup_anim:

As for speed - I get 800k/sec from usenet from the moment I click the download button until the moment it's done. I have to upload nothing, and uploading nothing doesn't make me a leech. With torrents I'm lucky to get 800k/sec at all during the download, it'll likely dip as low as 50k/sec for parts, and I'm expected to keep it running long after my download is done to maintain my ratio. To me, there's no comparison :D

It's sure speedier than a BitTorrent download, but it's not like torrents are that slow - problem is, it depends on many factors. Personally I'm able to top my connection's DL speed (which is a mere 500kb/s when I'm lucky), and it's usually faster than even HTTP.

The ratio/leech things are there because of the protocol and the "ethical" concept of file sharing as a give and receive relationship between peers, it has it's satisfactions after all.

As for it not being smart to pay for pirated software, that's not how I see it at all! I'm paying for 1) Access to the first and greatest discussion forum on the internet and 2) easy, FAST, reliable access to pretty much everything newly released and a whole ton of older stuff. As I said, though, most good ISPs throw usenet service in for free.

Heh, I get what you mean but it still feels like that.

I still prefer getting them for free, since the money isn't going to the right people anyway.

I am well aware that reducing the usenet as a "deposit" of piracy is not right.

Plus, maybe I'm a bit jelous because we don't have such great ISPs around here :(

We have usenet servers, but not binary groups...

6gno2eh.jpg

http://www.rathergood.com/leopard/