Which way to go?

7 posts in this topic

I want to be able to have ONE set of documents, ONE set of pictures, ONE E-mail (Thunderbird), ONE bookmarks, etc. (I'm sure you get the picture now)..........

So, do I use Fusion, and access the data on OS X, or Boot Camp and access the XP/Vista data or Parallels to access it, or access the parallels, or what, or how?

I know I cannot write to NTFS from OS X without a 'hack', so is what I am trying to do doable, or am I dreaming of a perfect, one stop, one shop repository for all my data, files, etc., w/different OS'es?

Understood.

I'd specifically post to ONE of those forums, BUT, I think my main point is along the lines of multiple PC's (just like someone who owns a laptop, a desktop, etc.) and want to keep all of their 'data' in sync between them, in the VMWare/Boot Camp world, I' was asking if there is a preferred method to read a file system between platforms to have only one set of data files shared between both instead of duplicating the info twice.

I am looking for answers to THAT question, and to know if what I want to do IS possible, or not.

just use bootcamp and get macdrive, just dont install any programs like Daemon Tools With virtual drives along with macdrive, it made me BSOD many times. and i guess you can call Writing to NTFS a hack but its actually pretty simple. so just get macdrive and your set

Got it! Thanks.

Summary overview is because the Boot Camp partition truly exists and is not a Virtual 'image' file, the data can be written and read from the Pee Cee side to the OS X side via MacDrive.......tada!!!

Gonna try in the next few days, moving 15 years of stuff from the PC world to a Mac is rather challenging, and the beauty of having the ability to run Vista or XP on an as needed basis for those special one of a kind vertical apps that may not yet exist on a Mac, makes my spine tingle......

Thanks again....and, oh, by the way, Steve Jobs, anyone who may care, etc.......

I did the Mac Hack(intosh) thing over a year ago on my IBM Thinkpad T41p, and loved it so much, I now own a MacBook, and a new 24" iMac.....so yes, it's worth it all to play with all this stuff and let things go where they may.....Apple will rule one day, it took this long, but man, is the PC so ever in deep {censored}.....Mac's rule, and I thank Maxxus, and all the dudes who made the 'experimenting' possible to get to the point of actually wanting to jump ship from a PC.... I love it!