(FS) Sony VAIO TXN15P - Mac OS X86

Dnizzle

9 posts in this topic

I want to sell my VAIO and just get a real Mac notebook. I bought it in January for $2100 at BestBuy, i love it, but I would rather have a Mac notebook instead of this hackintosh, though it runs great. The memory has been upgraded to the maximum 1.5Gb. I'm looking to get like $1500, but will negotiate. Will provide pics to anyone interested. I think the price is pretty fair considering it has accidental damage coverage through BestBuy and the starting price of any notebook in this series is $2099 and its in great condition. Will restore to Windows if wanted. Everything works on it in OS X86 except for the biometric fingerprint scanner and internal speakers, battery life reduced to around five hours. Will ship the Sony provided Vista Business upgrade disc with it also.

Specs:

CPU 1.2-GHz Intel Core Solo Processor U1400 Ultra Low Voltage Operating System Windows XP Professional RAM/Expandable to 1GB/1.5GB Hard Drive/Speed 80GB/4,200 rpm Optical Drive 2.4X DVD+R DL Display/Resolution 11.1 inches/1366 x 768 Graphics/Video Memory Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950/128MB shared

Wireless Networking 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth, EV-DO Ports Two USB 2.0, FireWire, VGA, Ethernet, modem, headphone, mic Card Slots One Type I/II PC Card, Memory Stick, Secure Digital

Weight 2.8 pounds Size 10.7 x 7.7 x 1.2 inches Warranty/Support One-year limited warranty/one year toll-free 24/7

MobileMark 2005 165

3DMark03 858

Battery Life (Wi-Fi On/Off) 7:56 / 8:32 Wireless Performance (15/50 feet) 16 Mbps/ 13.3 Mbps

As much as I hate to say it - it really seems that you over paid for that computer; I'd be shocked if you get $1,500 for it. $2,000 and not a dual core processor? I've seen those computers at Best Buy, and one of the reasons for them being so pricey is because of the portable screen size; regardless ... I really don't think you're going to get that for your laptop.

Good luck though.

How is that overpaying? I bought it when it came out and that what it costs just like that what the new models cost now? The whole point of the computer is for portability and battery life so it not supposed to have a dual core processor.

I said my price is negotiable and really I want to trade for a Mac Book.......

Thats not the point at all!!!! The notebook you guys have are not ultraportables which cost much more than what you have. Even right now its listed as being $1,931.98 on Sony's website.

The whole point is NOT to have a Core Duo when you want battery life and you guys are really pissing me off because this is a BST thread and now its turned into ignorant people trying to tell me I overpaid for a computer when thats how much it retails for. Why don't you guys "The Pricing Crew" go around telling other people that have this notebook the same thing, I'm sure they will be just as annoyed especially if all they were trying to do is sell it.

Thats like says I spent $30,000 for an Acura TSX (which only come with an I-4) when I could have bought a Honda Accord V6 with navigation for the same price!! They are just not the same.