Laptops vga output

atiom

8 posts in this topic

I read from some people that they can't get their laptops external output to work even if they internal screen works perfectly.

Here's my best setup yet on geforce go 7400 128mb+128mb vm

OSX86 10.49

Natit dual v0.0.2

Nvidia efi

With this setup if, i connect the external screen prior to booting it still boots in the internal screen but recognizes it as the external, and assumes its resolution. Guess it should be easy to make it work if we know where to look.

Any fellows in the same situation post specs, here, keep it clean plz ;)

Anyone who can give us help, please do :)

Cheers

I need some colaboration please. Can people that only get external screen get me a screenshot of system profiler and dmesg log??

I would greatly appreciate it. It would be nice if some of the vaio users out there with geforce go 7400 can do this.

Maybe i can help them, maybe it's related. Cheers

• 6 months later...

i got go7400 on hp dv6395ea, on 10.4.9, QE/CI working and it's perfect on laptop lcd, i even got sleep working. but i get no vga output..im using the drivers installation on JaS 10.4.8 coz i install it then upgrade to 10.4.9 JaS.

i remember when i use Natit i get these weird lines on boot before the desktop appears but still dont get any vga output.

what files did u exactly use, can u post them here to try them out?

This is what i want too... VGA out to an external monitor from a laptop, to have an extended display for more screen estate...

I have an ATI Mobility X1300

- hard coded 1400x1050 on boot.plist, cannot change resolution

- changed Vendor ID and Device ID to have QE/CI to work, but with a tearing mouse

Using Kalyway 10.5.1

Also, X11 doesn't work... and a lot of programs relying on that cannot work therefore...

You got the go7400 to work with the INTERNAL LAPTOP SCREEN?!?!?!?! You are my hero man!!!!

How did you do it? What did you use?! What do you need?! (really desperate)

• 4 weeks later...

hey man, ever since i installed any version of mac i did not have a trouble with internal monitor, it's go7400 video card but i did nothing extra to get it to work on internal screen, just on jas 10.4.8 i pick Nvidia driver the nvd40hal support which is TITAN i think. also on iAtkos it just worked without any extra thing...but i dont get external monitor, only mirror monitor until the apple logo finishes booting and the external signal is turned off!!