Kernel panic due to Graphics driver

boinkytwo

38 posts in this topic

This simple guide applies to user with nvidia graphic card, specially geforce series.

****Kindly post your feedback here after following the guide. thank you.

****This solution had work when the time Im using geforce mx4000 and also with other older geforce series

****for ati owners, try removing atindrv.kext using the below procedures.

****dont follow this guide if the Restart Your Computer Error is behind an error text saying about Kernel Debugger Panic and other more.

Problem

After OSx86 installation, a Restart Your Computer Error appears in different languages. If you have nvidia geforce card installed, then, that is probably the problem. Try using the below solution and If it doesnt work. Search the forum for additional help. There might be additional problem other than your graphic card.

The following symptoms tells you that It might be a graphic card related error:

1. display: family specific matching fails

2. a link/load error of the followng:

1. geforce.kext
  2. geforcega.plugin
  3. geforce3gldriver.bundle
  4. geforcefxgldriver.bundle
  5. geforce2mxgldriver.bundle
  6. iondrvsupport.kext
  7. natit - start=failed error --- if you install nvidia pack during osx install
  8. titan - start=failed error --- if you install nvidia pack during osx install
  9. nvdanv10hal.kext
  10. nvdanv20hal.kext
  11. nvdanv30hal.kext
  12. nvdanv40hal.kext
  13. nvdaresman.kext

4. Your system stucks at grey apple logo

5. Your system blacks out

***You'll have the chance to see those errors when you boot with -v (except no.4)

***This solution is based from my experiences, a trial and error.

***This solution might not work for you, therefore, find other solutions.

***You may post your comments, suggestion, corrections (provided with proof) and questions here.

***This guide shall only appear on this site, it shall not appear/posted on other sites.

Solution

Procedures:

boot your osx using -v -s

then type:

/sbin/mount -uw /

hit enter

then type:

cd /system/library/extensions

hit enter

then type this:

rm -rf nvdaresman.kext

now try to boot osx with your nvidia graphic card.

Sitll doesnt work?

follow the above steps, and do this:

rm -rf nvdanv10hal.kext

rm -rf nvdanv20hal.kext

rm -rf nvdanv30hal.kext

rm -rf nvdanv40hal.kext

rm -rf geforce.kext

---------------------------

Edited by Hagar
Changed title to reflect content

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have nVidia 7600 GS and i've successfully boot up my Mac Os 10.4.8 with this instructions.

Now i cann't change screen resolution and QE&CI are not supported. 

I have nVidia 7600 GS and i've successfully boot up my Mac Os 10.4.8 with this instructions.

Now i cann't change screen resolution and QE&CI are not supported.

very well, big thanks for your feedback.

now its time to workaround to enable graphic accelerationfor your card. im not sure if your card is supported though. since i dont have one.

but 7600GO will work with diabolik natit.

or if you want to try, edit natit.ext and/or nvdaresman.kext and put your video card device id into it.

editing those files may bring you back to restar your computer error or blank screen.

no prob anyway, since you already know what to do.

boinkytwo, thank u very much again for your instrictions.

after a clear installation of Mac Os 10.4.8 i followed your instructions to boot up in graphics mode and then i installed nvidiaNV40.pkg and Errased Info.plist in AGPGart.kext... Thats all!

QE & CI are suppotred

boinkytwo, thank u very much again for your instrictions.

after a clear installation of Mac Os 10.4.8 i followed your instructions to boot up in graphics mode and then i installed nvidiaNV40.pkg and Errased Info.plist in AGPGart.kext... Thats all!

QE & CI are suppotred

wow! great! nice feedback... have a shot of vodka... :)

you will be helping a lot of 7600GS owner with your great feedback.

thanks a lot dude,i was gonna reinstall everything until i came accross your post!

it works fine

thx a lot dude ;)

great...

its nice to hear that it had worked for you.

your problem now is to enable QE/CI on your graphics card, if its supported.

ok so I got it to work and i started up and did all that, then i tried to install the intel pro wifi connection, said I had to restart so i do. now when i restart it does the same thing. I can used different extensions and some will go show the restart sign at different points. Any help?

Hi I have a T40 IBM Laptop with ATi 7500 Readon Device Id 4c57 Now the prob is that i need to change the Resolution & enable QE... Any Solutions plz let me know thanks
your card is not supported, correct me if im wrong.Ati X series is supported though.check out this helpful link

@ boinkytwo - This guide will also work for people who have corrupted graphics, and glitches after booting.
:P:D:D nice to hear that
ok so I got it to work and i started up and did all that, then i tried to install the intel pro wifi connection, said I had to restart so i do. now when i restart it does the same thing. I can used different extensions and some will go show the restart sign at different points. Any help?
its another issue, my guide only solvse kernel panic/restart your computer error due to graphic card compatability/kext issue.it would help you a lot if you use the -v boot flag. it will tell you possible cause of the panic.

I tried all of them. Some would go back to the restart, and some would just get stuck at the blue screen. I have an nvidia 7300.

Any help?

Right here. Btw, I have a Kernel panic and I just decided to reinstall osx86. :P

Here's some other stuff you can attempt to remove:

- NVDriver.kext

- NVidia.kext

- NVidiaGA.plugin

- NVidiaGLDriver.bundle

And remember, all of this stuff is case-sensitive, so make sure you're using the correct spelling and capitals. Double-check what you type to make sure that you haven't made any mistakes. :(

I'm pretty sure that my graphics card is causing OSX not to boot also. I have a GeForce TI 4600. Titan recognizes it, but when it gets to "login window application started" it just sits there. Since deleting a bunch of files (I went rm-crazy) now it goes to a black screen, but no OSX. Any other ideas? When I use gparted i have to use a script called Forcevideo to get the GUI loaded, is there something similar to that for uphuck?

if you gets into the login window, that is a good sign that your video card is not 100% the culprit.

there is a patch called login window, extracted from 10.4.4 of osx. it should fixed the login problem.

it it doesnt fix your prob, boot with -v

and read on the scrolling text, note the failures it mention and any other link/load errors.

so i installed mac os x 10.4.8 jas version....and i booted into mac os...and installed some updates it requested me to install...and after that ..i restarted the computer...and now all i get is just a continuous restart ....Loading Darwin ...restart ..Loading darwin ...restart...and so on...what's the problem..anyone? ..

thx

so i installed mac os x 10.4.8 jas version....and i booted into mac os...and installed some updates it requested me to install...and after that ..i restarted the computer...and now all i get is just a continuous restart ....Loading Darwin ...restart ..Loading darwin ...restart...and so on...what's the problem..anyone? ..thx
you cant use the update from the apple's website using auto updater. you must have read an instruction on how to update, which is available here.you cant just install the update file like that, it involves backing up some patched files.re-install osx again and update to 10.4.9 using this guide.10.4.10 update is at this thread
Hello. I have a ATI 9550. What's the best driver for it???
to give you a hintread on this topic

you must have booted with -v bootflag to check what is going on during boot up, and what is causing the bootup problem.

IMO, i think it is not your graphic card whichis causing the prob. maybe the kernel and patches youve used to intall osx.