Restart Loop

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to dual boot vista and os x 10.4.9 on my laptop using the chain0 method. When I reboot I am given the option of booting into vista or os x, but when os x is selected, the screen goes black, and then there is a "_" halfway down the screen for a few seconds, and then it returns to the vista boot menu. my os x installation has been working and I have tried repairing the permissions on the os x partition but it hasn't worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated, tobyb

I am trying to dual boot vista and os x 10.4.9 on my laptop using the chain0 method. When I reboot I am given the option of booting into vista or os x, but when os x is selected, the screen goes black, and then there is a "_" halfway down the screen for a few seconds, and then it returns to the vista boot menu. my os x installation has been working and I have tried repairing the permissions on the os x partition but it hasn't worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated, tobyb

This has been covered in several posts already. Basicaly the OSX bootloader automaticaly loads the OS on the active portion of your hard drive. Hit F8 immediately after selecting OSX from the Windows boot menu to get to the OSX boot screen. From here you can choose OSX from the list. From OSX edit com.Apple.Boot.plist to include a timeout key.