Doom 3 - installed and working using Rosetta

grabberslasher

21 posts in this topic

With the new altivec-app-supporting Rosetta in 8F1111a, you can now run Doom 3 in Rosetta. Loading is quite fast, movies are full speed, and game runs at ~20fps on "high" quality at 800x600. However, there are quite major artifact issues, skewing polygons in places and in some areas making it impossible to see.

doom3rosettaj285uw.th.jpg

Sweet! What GPU do you have in your machine? Is it even able to get much 3d hardware acceleration?

The Intel Integrated GMA 900 or whatever it's called. And also, what impressed me is that the ppc version of Quake 3 (running on Intel) gets the same fps as the native intel version. Rosetta is amazing.

Sweet! What GPU do you have in your machine? Is it even able to get much 3d hardware acceleration?
People, why don't y'all include your specs in your signature?

It would make specific advice so much easier.

@Moderators: why not make it a rule for this board to have people include a signature with basic system specs, say

• cpu (brand, type, clock-rate)
  • MoBo (brand and chipset)
  • GPU (brand & type)
  • amount of system memory
  • version of x86 Tiger (10.4.?)
  • VMware of Natively
  • should there be more?

?

Force people to conform to a certain type of .sig? Why? I once had a similar argument when I worked for an isp who wanted to insist that all users have email "firstname.lastname@isp.com"

Most of those who seek help of the kind you need full specs for haven't had time to fill in a signature, anyhow. Let people have whatever signatures they want, I say..

Personally, I find the system specs in sigs smack of "hey look, I 'm 1337, I've got OSX running on my toaster - fear me!" but I see how some people find them useful.

Just my .05€

Let's add another game to the emulation mix : Unreal 2004

unreal7yl.th.jpg

And now Quake 3 at 1280x1024 (high qual):

quake33gw.th.jpg

Edit: Quake 3 running in rosetta because 10.4.3 broke the native Intel Quake 3. Just FYI

Halo runs ok too (took shot from VNC, like Doom above) - fps around 25 at whatever res that is there (high enough):

halo0na.th.jpg

With the new altivec-app-supporting Rosetta in 8F1111a, you can now run Doom 3 in Rosetta. Loading is quite fast, movies are full speed, and game runs at ~20fps on "high" quality at 800x600. However, there are quite major artifact issues, skewing polygons in places and in some areas making it impossible to see.

Where you find and download 8F1111A and where find AntiTPM for 8F1111A?

Maxxuss make AntiTPM only for 8F1099 and 8F1111 - both have only G3 Rosetta, without altivec!!!

Edited by ZOleg

Ok first thing, OSXvnc doesnt work in 10.4.3 here is a link to prove it

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?f...523&atid=507763

Secound thing any of those games quake 3 demo, doom 3 demo and halo demo dont work they all crash under 8F1111.

EDIT: Doom 3 demo doesnt crash it just doesnt start.

If anyone can prove me wrong please do. Let me know your expirence with those games and if you do get them running please let us know how and what system specs you have.

Edited by yozh

Ok first thing, OSXvnc doesnt work in 10.4.3 here is a link to prove it

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?f...523&atid=507763

Secound thing any of those games quake 3 demo, doom 3 demo and halo demo dont work they all crash under 8F1111.

EDIT: Doom 3 demo doesnt crash it just doesnt start.

If anyone can prove me wrong please do. Let me know your expirence with those games and if you do get them running please let us know how and what system specs you have.

You (yozh) are referring to it not working on your hacked 8f1111 on a self-built system, right? He (grabberslasher) is using a real Apple Developer Machine, according to what's being shown.

Think before you speak.

Edited by stryder

You (yozh) are referring to it not working on your hacked 8f1111 on a self-built system, right? He (grabberslasher) is using a real Apple Developer Machine, according to what's being shown.

Think before you speak.

The link also said that OSXVnc only had problems with starting and stopping, and redrawing the screen. Since I'm only taking screenshots, redrawing the screen isn't a problem for me.

@stryder, The link regarding the OSXvnc is proven that it doesnt work on any 10.4.3, please dont flame, Im just stating the facts......thank you

@grabberslasher yes it does start, but if you look at the buttom of the link its a problem with API and that means that it doesnt work on 10.4.3, it also starts for me and Im able to connect to it but the screen doesnt change I cant move the mouse or anything to the sort, also how were you able to start thos games and is it true that you have a 8F1111a because its been said that its a myth ?

Its intresting but after installation of 1111A patch halo and quake 3 run just fine, but Doom 3 crashes first it says that it cant find the right mode 640 x 480 (i guess because of the ATI card) then when I boot to the 640x480 it just crashes, strange. Also UT 2004 installer crashes (thats for the full game not demo)........

Oh yeah BTW this is a open forum and I would suggest to everyone to be a little bit more polite to other members, I did not offend you in anyway and grabberslasher and me spoke about this like normal ppl so if you want to flame plz dont flame on me..........