Any hope for nVidia GeForce GO 7600 w/512MB?

slicemaster102

4 posts in this topic

well,

as the topic and discription say, i need some help getting the 7600 GO w/ 512MB memory working, if at all possible. i am running OSX 10.4.9 on my HP dv9000 and everything seems to be working fine except the fact that the vidio doesnt work right because i dont have the drivers installed. is there any way i could get this card working with all the goodies?

thanks

slice

well there might be a chance with the mac efi driver which has experimental support for 512mb cards. look in the forums over at www.macvidia.com

there is also a way of flashing your video bios to let osx see all the ram and not crash on boot when trying to load the drivers. since yours is a GO i assume its a laptop. sometimes laptop gpus have shared bios' with the system which makes it difficult to flash. just check the forums and see.

• 7 months later...
well,

as the topic and discription say, i need some help getting the 7600 GO w/ 512MB memory working, if at all possible. i am running OSX 10.4.9 on my HP dv9000 and everything seems to be working fine except the fact that the vidio doesnt work right because i dont have the drivers installed. is there any way i could get this card working with all the goodies?

thanks

slice

here are the fully working drivers for nv 7600 go 512 just unzi[ it put all of them in ur extention folder repair alll the permission this is a must !!!!!!!!! then restart with -f command to force the reload of all kext if u see a white screen it ok that GOOD thats change ur resolution give it up to 10 to 15 seconds and it should pop into ur login screen or desktop and everthign should be working like rotation qne full resolution support im currenly at 1440 x 900 and i love it !!!! heres the file u will need http://www.2shared.com/file/2783829/c64e71...v7600go512.html

• 5 months later...

Tommy... any luck getting the external vga port working? I have the GO 7600 on a toshiba satellite A100 and the resolution and rotation are working fine just using the standard nvinject; however I can't get the external port to work after boot. Does this fix that or do you know of anything that will?