Leopard Beta

MacVertigo

113 posts in this topic

It would benefit us because OiNK is likely to be one of the first places to get the Beta, which I definitely will install if I can get. Not as a main OS, oh no, but on a separate partition, sure.

(Hey, at least I'm not openly asking for an invitation like Mr. Steve above me ;) )

I was on oink, but it got taken down after a couple of hours. If it going to show, it will in the next couple of days. Everyone is back from WWDC now. So we'll see... but I still think its going to be quite a while before we have it.

I'm a member too.........and i said that it wasn't on oink because it isn't.

Mates, I could simply beat most of you in just one request for the OiNK invite - I own 2 simultaneous, corporate, frame relay connections, 50 mbit/s each (up and down). I'm a developer. I have the beta. It's bloody awesome. It's apparently not watermarked.

But what's the point in sharing it? It's full of bugs. It's not working properly with a lot of the hardware.

It'll spoil and ruin your beautiful experience with Leopard.

Do you really wanna do this? I'm just asking you honestly. Enjoy the first mouse hoover over the beautiful, reflective Dock in October and just calm down. If I wouldn't be a dev and wouldn't have to prepare my software for shipping before the Leppy's release, I would never install it on my MPs and MBPs.

I can tell you, it's awesome and it's really, really worth waiting.

But what's the point in sharing it? It's full of bugs. It's not working properly with a lot of the hardware.

Curiosity.

I don't think people will think the beta reflects the quality of the final product, honestly.

Do you really wanna do this? I'm just asking you honestly. Enjoy the first mouse hoover over the beautiful, reflective Dock in October and just calm down.

Oh but october is such a loooong way there :)

But they say the sooner the better, don't they? :star_smile:

They don't? Oh well... :star_smile:

Mates, I could simply beat most of you in just one request for the OiNK invite - I own 2 simultaneous, corporate, frame relay connections, 50 mbit/s each (up and down). I'm a developer. I have the beta. It's bloody awesome. It's apparently not watermarked.

Do you really wanna do this? I'm just asking you honestly. Enjoy the first mouse hoover over the beautiful, reflective Dock in October and just calm down. If I wouldn't be a dev and wouldn't have to prepare my software for shipping before the Leppy's release, I would never install it on my MPs and MBPs.

I understand everything that you are saying, but are you are making a conflicting message. At first you say "It's bloody awesome".

Then you say, "It's full of bugs, It's not working properly with a lot of the hardware.

It'll spoil and ruin your beautiful experience with Leopard."

Then you say "I can tell you, it's awesome"

And then "it's really, really worth waiting."

Your up and down on this, and all this is going to do is make people want you to seed it somewhere more and more! I would not ask you to do this as I don't want to have you risk your developer account. All I can say is, I can't wait until October or whenever it leaks!

I understand everything that you are saying, but are you are making a conflicting message.

What I want to say is that the features (from the top to the bottom) are completely awesome, mostly well written and really well thought and planned. The only problem is that they are not yet Ready To Manufacture. So, it's like Guinness from the bottle - it's still bloody awesome, but if you can wait those 119.5 second to get the tapped one - I'd go for the tapped one.

What I want to say is that the features (from the top to the bottom) are completely awesome, mostly well written and really well thought and planned. The only problem is that they are not yet Ready To Manufacture. So, it's like Guinness from the bottle - it's still bloody awesome, but if you can wait those 119.5 second to get the tapped one - I'd go for the tapped one.

I would put your analogy this way.

It is like drinking Miller Geniun Draft, showing me a Guinness, and then saying "You can have this Guinness in 4 months, keep drinking the MGD" And trust me, I want the Guinness NOW!

The reason why apple did gave this version to the developers is because they want feedback, who better than us to do such thing? If you don't want to share it I don't really care someone will believe it, well have sooner than the final release is out, I'm predicting by the middle of this week probably sooner. We'll love to have it now or to hear that someone that will put it in the bay is close to get it that is why you see us going crazy over this, not becasue we want it ( I mean we do but not that bad ) is because guys like you and apple are tell us we can't have it now :dev: so we wont stop until we get it as simple as that. :hysterical:

i am honestly, very surprised that it has taken this long at all. the developers really are taking pride in holding true to their NDA.

and how would you know if I am a n00b?

I understand how bit torrent works, but honestly I don't care what tracker it gets uploaded too...

maybe it would have been more accurate for me to say "get it on a tracker" instead of "get it on bittorrent." but what is the point? it equates to the same thing.

any developer out there, get it on a tracker so we can download it... please

...or make a copy of the dvd, write LEO on it and lay it down somewhere on the street, then

one of your neighbours will pick up the dvd and host it on any "digital broadcasting device"!

The missing irony tags: <irony></irony>

:gun:

Yeah, right.

If you do have it, there's no way you're not posted for our own good. Either you can't, or you're scared to. I don't blame you. I'd probably be too scared to share my copy too if I had an original one.

If you really have the Beta, then share it. Why come here and talk about it, with out giving us a way to have it. We want it.. period. So its stupid to flaunt something that you aren't willing to give out. If you want it on Oink, give it to me and I'll seed it there. If you really have it, prove it. Send me a copy.. or contact me. I've been here trying to find a way to get to to the masses.. I'll seed it on oink. But I need a copy first. PM me.

If you really have the Beta, then share it. Why come here and talk about it, with out giving us a way to have it. We want it.. period. So its stupid to flaunt something that you aren't willing to give out. If you want it on Oink, give it to me and I'll seed it there. If you really have it, prove it. Send me a copy.. or contact me. I've been here trying to find a way to get to to the masses.. I'll seed it on oink. But I need a copy first. PM me.

Assuming that he really has it and he's not just pretending he probably wants to be convinced it is a good idea to leak it, because he believes it's best to wait for the final version.

At least this is what I believe he's up to :P

Assuming that he really has it and he's not just pretending he probably wants to be convinced it is a good idea to leak it, because he believes it's best to wait for the final version.

At least this is what I believe he's up to :P

If he's a member of a forum like this then he's the sort that likes to tinker with things. He'd understand our desire to tinker, and the fact that we'd get far more pleasure playing with an unstable beta version that's just that little bit geekier than we would playing with the final version in October. The sort of people who come here aren't just greedy, they're curious. He must understand that curiosity. That's why I don't think he's for real. If he was he'd be keen to share it with us, as we would if it was us who had it. There might well be reasons why we wouldn't, but it wouldn't be not wanting us to be disappointed by a beta version.

If he's a member of a forum like this then he's the sort that likes to tinker with things. He'd understand our desire to tinker, and the fact that we'd get far more pleasure playing with an unstable beta version that's just that little bit geekier than we would playing with the final version in October. The sort of people who come here aren't just greedy, they're curious. He must understand that curiosity. That's why I don't think he's for real. If he was he'd be keen to share it with us, as we would if it was us who had it. There might well be reasons why we wouldn't, but it wouldn't be not wanting us to be disappointed by a beta version.

My thoughts exactly.

hmm anyone can upload a torrent for a selfmade file and call it leopard beta wwdc07 - maybe people just upload {censored} for fun...and then delete it within 5 minutes...

If it's a fake it's funnier to let it live and see the reactions of people who downloaded 6 Gbs for nothing, don't you think? :thumbsdown_anim:

In theory, if it (where it is actually referring to a real copy of the WWDC build) was on the green demon, and someone downloaded it in time to connect to the lone seeder, we could very well expect it to spread a *tiny* bit faster. But that's probably wishful thinking; sadly.

In theory, if it (where it is actually referring to a real copy of the WWDC build) was on the green demon, and someone downloaded it in time to connect to the lone seeder, we could very well expect it to spread a *tiny* bit faster. But that's probably wishful thinking; sadly.

Yes, but it will only work if nobody closes his client, because the tracker won't give the IPs of the peers to the newcomers.

But why uploading it to Demonoid when they made it clear the don't want prerelease Apple software and not on the bay which still has all the Leopard builds up and is legal-threat impervious?

It was there. I just got a PM from the guy who seeded it. I'm trying to get it a copy from him.. he is in Japan... so it is a little hard to talk to him...

If I get a copy, I'll get it posted somewhere.