Leopard Beta

MacVertigo

113 posts in this topic

I'm extremely excited about this new Beta and all the new features... must have!

I can wait though, it's not like I'm even supposed to have it yet, if I have to wait or not get it at all, fine, I didn't pay, I shouldn't get it.

anyone know for sure if the the g3 is no longer supported? I love my Pismo. It runs Tiger like a champ. I know it will have no problem with leopard, except those reflection on the dock. And we will see how much I like the new vista semi-transparent menu bar. In vista it is not so bad because it is dark, but this is semitransparent white... i guess time will tell. I am waiting for a leak to throw it on my PowerBook G4 and hopefully my Pismo.

Stability shouldn't be an issue with a build meant to reach an audience this large. The previous WWDC build is arguably the most stable of all the builds, so I wouldn't expect any less of this build.

this build was distrubuted less then any other leopard beta. the other ones got seeded to developers, this one was only given to wwdc attendees

i think we should worry about getting it onto official hardware before any hacking is done. I don't even think it has been leaked yet (except maybe on OINK). If you can get to it, get it on BitTorrent.

it is NOT on oink...............yet ;)

it is NOT on oink...............yet :rolleyes:

I was on oink, but it got taken down after a couple of hours. If it going to show, it will in the next couple of days. Everyone is back from WWDC now. So we'll see... but I still think its going to be quite a while before we have it.

ALSO I AM NOT GIVING ANYONE A OINK INVITE! SO STOP ASKING ME!!!!

It has to get leaked somehow...

All we gotta to is to make the developers spread it out to their friends, and their friends to their friends and then all of them can upload it everywhere.

...then it would be too much for Apple to control.

I used BootCamp to create a 30gb partition specially for Leopard. I've been running the 410 stuff, and have been pretty impressed - even though it had no where near the feature set that the current Beta has. So, as soon as the Torrent hits the streets, I'm ready to install...

As for my Hackintosh, I'll have to wait, but I'm certain that the wait will be worth it...

I can get hold of lepoard, but will it be able to run on an AMD?

Has anyone made a patch for it yet?

Where!!! Please PM! And I dont think a patch has been made yet since not that many people have it. I plan on trying to do a full, native install on my Mac Mini G4.

OK, enough of the PM requests, I mean, I am sure he DOESN'T have it and if he does, it is probably from direct hand to hand from a friend and put money on it he will NOT be sharing it. SO DO NOT ASK ANYMORE or this thread will get closed too! Plus, how hard is it for YOU to PM him and request it instead of listing it here!!??