Leopard Beta

MacVertigo

113 posts in this topic

This is more of poll then anything. When the leo beta leaks.. and it will. Are you going to install it? Do you trust the beta as your main OS?

I use my computer for work.. so I'm not sure I can take that risk.

I'll probably install it, barring any major problems that come up. I would imagine that it will be pretty stable. I'll put it on an external drive first, and if it's stable enough I'll just use it as my main OS.

It depends on the new features it will contain. If there is a new GUI, new file system, new Finder and other unawaited or expected features, then I will give it a try - but only on a seperate hard disk!

I'm planning to do a FULL CLEAN install on my 24" iMac.. anyone else on the same or similar page?

Yep, I'm with you on this. I plan on backing up my MBP, doing a fresh clean install of the beta, and a fresh install of my apps. I figure a good clean install to get rid of all the unwanted files left over in my user folder.

I'm also going to do a fresh install of FF and only add a few extensions at a time as I need them. Over the past year or so I've installed a bunch of FF Exs but I'm not sure now what I really use.

Leopard is a great excuse to do a little house cleaning. :-)

-P

Stability shouldn't be an issue with a build meant to reach an audience this large. The previous WWDC build is arguably the most stable of all the builds, so I wouldn't expect any less of this build.

I'm super excited to try this out now, if all goes well on my external 60GB; I'll clone the Tiger install to that, then freshly install leopard on the internal drive, and import my settings from Tiger.

Yep, I'll be installing it on my Macbook C2D as the main O.S. I need to format badly, and I figure this is a good excuse.

Dual booting vista / leopard.. shall be interesting.

Cheers

I'm just waiting for a leak, I'm hoping (and I may be ignorant of existing leopard changes here) that it clears up a lot of the boobery surrounding AFP in tiger, given how the new finder deals with shares it certainly looks like they've put some thought into it.