Simple Dual Boot Guide: Windows XP + OSX86 (Hackintosh)

517 posts in this topic

If you have an Intel CPU (single core), apply the following patches.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Remove CPU Power Management.kext

Remove Thermal Kexts

*also disable ACPI from your bios settings.

but i have a dual core...E6300 >_>

hi,

im really new at this, and im currently downloading jas x86 dvd, but the speed is very slow. what are the differences between the one you have provided and jas's?

could you please send me the link of your download link at ak_rbk@yahoo.com .

and does this work only for sse3 or does it work for sse2?

can the dvd you are providing also work without dualbooting i.e i want to install it over my xp installation.

is there no way to run the wireless hardware on my laptop, although I have noticed they have the driver for a 2200bg, which is the one which I have....

I will highly appreciate if someone answers my question.....

the osx boot file i am referring to, is the com.apple.boot.plist file

copy or drag it to the mentioned location. and do the chmod and chown thingy.

Ok, i understand all that you are doing, up to here.

Where do i paste it from ? Do i select a specific file, copy, then paste it ?

Or, by doing this, do i create a new blank file, overwriting the original file ?

If i need to copy it from something, i guess the link got deleted, right ?

hi boinkytwo, i think you forgot to send the link to the rest of us.... and nobody answered by questions......

hi,

im really new at this, and im currently downloading jas x86 dvd, but the speed is very slow. what are the differences between the one you have provided and jas's?

could you please send me the link of your download link at ak_rbk@yahoo.com .

and does this work only for sse3 or does it work for sse2?

can the dvd you are providing also work without dualbooting i.e i want to install it over my xp installation.

is there no way to run the wireless hardware on my laptop, although I have noticed they have the driver for a 2200bg, which is the one which I have....

I will highly appreciate if someone answers my question.....

i have another question though, after installing successfully, will I be able to run software like parallels or my virtual pc?

Thanx,

Ak

hi boinkytwo, i think you forgot to send the link to the rest of us.... and nobody answered by questions......

i have another question though, after installing successfully, will I be able to run software like parallels or my virtual pc?

Thanx,

Ak

hmmm... havent noticed that... strange...]

anyhow, if you have a cpu which only supports sse2 instruction, then just intall sse2 package.

if your cpu supports sse2 and sse3, then install only sse3 kernel package

furthermore, if your cpu is intel, then choose intel package only, as well as for amd.

..and bootcd already sent. its a partition tool.

When I boot the OSX partition I get the "HFS+ partition error"

anyone know how to fix this?

double check your osx partition, make sure it is set to active and primary, not logical partition.

bootcd all sent

Hello BoinkyTwo, Thank you for the bootCD it just works great. Keep up the good work. Do you know why updates don't installed when I do Software Update. I have Mac OS X 10.4.10, I'm new to Mac. If you can help help me out that would be great. Thank you. :)

Hello BoinkyTwo, Thank you for the bootCD it just works great. Keep up the good work. Do you know why updates don't installed when I do Software Update. I have Mac OS X 10.4.10, I'm new to Mac. If you can help help me out that would be great. Thank you. :unsure:
Online Automatic Updates doesnt work with hackintosh, only real macs does. You must follow specific procedure in order for you to update successfully. all these procedures can be found from the forum.

So I've tried this guide, and I'm able to get both Hackintosh and Windows XP to work, however I can't get the dual boot software (using Windows XP for booting) to work. When I boot, it'll give me the choice between Windows XP Home or MAC OS X Tiger, however when I click on MAC OS X Tiger, it just brings me back to the selection. The screen will flicker for a second, then go back to the choice screen.

My laptop boots MAC fine though, when I boot from a partition program and set the MAC partition to boot, it'll work fine. I just can't get the dual boot menu to work. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I've extracted the chain0 file and edited the startup registry file as told in your guide.

ALL BOOTCD REQUEST...ALL DONE!!!

So I've tried this guide, and I'm able to get both Hackintosh and Windows XP to work, however I can't get the dual boot software (using Windows XP for booting) to work. When I boot, it'll give me the choice between Windows XP Home or MAC OS X Tiger, however when I click on MAC OS X Tiger, it just brings me back to the selection. The screen will flicker for a second, then go back to the choice screen.My laptop boots MAC fine though, when I boot from a partition program and set the MAC partition to boot, it'll work fine. I just can't get the dual boot menu to work. Any suggestions?Oh, and I've extracted the chain0 file and edited the startup registry file as told in your guide.
SO YOU WERE USING THE CHAIN0 TECHNIQUE. MAKE SURE YOUR PARTITION IS ARRANGED LIKE THIS:FIRST PARITION = WINDOWS ***MUST BE SET TO PRIMARY AND ACTIVE (MBR SHOULD BE WORKING FINE AND)SECOND PARTITION = OSX ***MUST BE SET TO PRIMARY