What do you want to see in 10.5 (Leopard)?

Swad

221 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PLEASE let one of the "secret" features be a better application switcher. Expose is great and all, but i'd really REALLY like to see a better app switcher (command+tab). Between Compiz/Beryl and "Flip3D" the standard OSX application switcher is lagging FAR behind. The fact that I cant keyboard through open windows in applications(visually {not command+tab to app THEN command+~}) is LAME. Expose requires me to first F9 then use my mouse to the appropriate window. I'd like to see something like the features of "WITCH" but with a more visual approach. Maybe a COMMAND+OPTION+TAB visual task switcher with LIVE PREVIEWS and effects.

it sucks having to add in extra proggies to do basic stuff...

IDEA:

Coverflow applicaiton switcher (like in the new Compiz/Beryl) - Command+Tab for coverflow apps, Command+Option+Tab for windows. Since 10.5 has core animation and coverflow built into finder it only makes sense!

IDEA:

Coverflow applicaiton switcher (like in the new Compiz/Beryl) - Command+Tab for coverflow apps, Command+Option+Tab for windows. Since 10.5 has core animation and coverflow built into finder it only makes sense!

Do you want vista fanboys to crucify us? ;P

i would like to have the following features in Leopard

A. Oxford American Dictionaries with

1. "Look up in Dictionary" support for pdf and Firefox

2. An "Add to History" function

B. Bluetooth with

1. AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)

C. Safari

1. Bookmark separator

• 2 weeks later...
Expose requires me to first F9 then use my mouse to the appropriate window.

It's called screen corners. Turn them on, and you've got an all-mouse affair. Or, if you don't like that, invoke expose with f9, then use tab to switch to different windows; and when you've found the one you like, press spacebar.

As for your calls for more crazy effects, you have a choice; don't stick with Apple if you want to be given the option to do everything to your heart's content. Go ahead and get your Compiz fusion on with any *nix distro; nobody is here to stop you.

Few users I know complain that Expose is anything close to a {censored} in the manner that you've implied.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple has a problem.

In order to take customers away from the PC industry, it must be like Caesar's wife, more virtuous than everyone else.

If Apple, and its products, software, or hardware, are seen as being no better than what people are using now, Apple's expansion will come to an end.

So will the renaissance in third party hardware and software development.

While the feature set is fine, it must be more stable than Windows for Apple and its supporters to point to it as a viable alternative.

Apple should resist the tug towards release if any outstanding problems aren't resolved.

This is the greatest time in Apple's lifetime as a company to make it back to 10% of the US market, and possibly even significantly greater share, as well as a decent share across the world. Also has a 17.5% in the laptop market.

Linux is in turmoil, with the developers of the major distros having no clear path ahead, with their teams in disarray, and the OSes being a couple of years behind schedule.

MS's release is, even in the PC industry, being declared as lame—at best.

But, if Apple rushes product out the door, the window will close, and this time, it will likely be forever. Well maybe not but would be sad to see this.

So please Apple make sure Leopard is almost 100% bug free and puts Vista to shame.

I really hope they have a few more secret features including an all new interface, as it stands Aqua is ten time more sexy than leos interface.. I can see it coming. as in leo there are some shiny things Movie / Picture Preview Icons on Desktop. QuicLook , CoverFlow, if they take it the whole nine yards it`ll smack the aero interface.

i would like to see icons size changing like in linux.

that you can change every each icon size ,not one size for all icons ...

that will be cool.

~R

• 4 weeks later...
PLEASE let one of the "secret" features be a better application switcher. Expose is great and all, but i'd really REALLY like to see a better app switcher (command+tab). Between Compiz/Beryl and "Flip3D" the standard OSX application switcher is lagging FAR behind. The fact that I cant keyboard through open windows in applications(visually {not command+tab to app THEN command+~}) is LAME. Expose requires me to first F9 then use my mouse to the appropriate window. I'd like to see something like the features of "WITCH" but with a more visual approach. Maybe a COMMAND+OPTION+TAB visual task switcher with LIVE PREVIEWS and effects.

IDEA:

You distinguish a big icon faster than 100 similar windows, Flip3D is a step back from traditional xp alt+tab usability wise and is much slower than using expose

IDEA:

image1sn0.jpg

(Tiger Keyboard PrefPanel)

I think the GUI isn't finished. I hope that they are holding that out till the end. I see the potential in Leopard with the space bar preview in the finder. That transparent black just doesn't go with the grey theme. The cool white/black transparent menu is a plus, but the white space when choosing a menu is horrible. I would expect to see a transparent black. I see the little transparent black floating windows throughout the OS and I hope thats a peek at a new GUI that will eventually be implemented.

• 3 weeks later...