OSx86 installed on P35

badge

172 posts in this topic

Is there any hope with a G33 chipset? Its also a ICH9. My DVD burner is connected to the IDE and is not recongized in Jas 10.4.8 nor Uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.3

Here is the controller and I am not sure if that is a Jmicron controller?

Mass storage controller [0180]: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. ITE 8211F Single Channel UDMA 133 [1283:8211] (rev 11)

Looks like a ITE controller , thats not Jmicron is it?

Its a gateway PC with Quad Core and Kalyway's leopard 9a527 will not see the hard drives either but thats another issue and patching.

Anyhow my question: which kext do I modify? which line of script and what format? 0x12838211 or 0x82111283?

Here is the specs on my PC not much though?

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1014737R/1014737Rcl5.shtml

http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/Inte...06194Rsp2.shtml

Intel (Schroeder Town) G33 Motherboard

Chipset

Intel Bearlake-G33 GMCH Chipset, consisting of:

*Intel North Bridge (GMCH)

*Intel South Bridge (ICH9)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. WHich kext do I modify, which line of script and which ID? 0x12838211 or 0x82111283?

EDITED TODAY 5:15PM

Ok I edited the AppleVIAATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

under the sata

under the <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

0x82111293

I rebooted and Viola I now see the Optic DVD Serial-ATA DVD Burner in the Apple Logo More information Serial-ATA.

My HArd drive is still generic. I am using AHCI in BIOS.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to report that I have Leopard running beautifully on an Abit IP35 Pro with 4GB of ram and a Core 2 Quad with a GF 8800 GTS.

I used the "flat disk image" I found on a certain torrent site. It was extremely easy - just dump the image onto an empty drive and boot...

The only thing I had to change is the ICH9 to AHCI mode, after which it booted without any issues.

I'm getting a HPET message over and over, but it doesn't seem to affect anything that I can tell...

My DVD burner is hooked up to the onboard JMicron and it works without any issues.

Onboard sound only halfway works in 2 speaker analog output only - no SPDIF.

Yes can someone please post the Asap18 bash script again?

It does not seem to be available any more...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7jmyobt4xtx ;)

The p5ke folder inside is asap's package... the other two kexts are for leo ;)

Also the wifi driver is included, although i have not tried the wifi, i've been told it does work.

Thanks again asap18 :P

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7jmyobt4xtx :wacko:

The p5ke folder inside is asap's package... the other two kexts are for leo :D

Also the wifi driver is included, although i have not tried the wifi, i've been told it does work.

Thanks again asap18 :P

Joe75, Thanks for sharing with us. I noticed in your sig, you have a P5K premium, how well has it worked for you so far? Did you install OSx86 and then applied that patch / install each item?

Also, I understand this patch is intended specifically for P5K-E, should I assume it's compatible to work with the rest of the P5K series, especially the Premium? (sorry if i asked this question already, I forgot)

Have you tried installing Leopard with your system yet?

Thanks again! and to asap18 as well.

Using "Gigabyte_ds3-4pack.1.2.dmg" selectively allowed me to activate two items. There are several packages included, some of which are for similar hardware.

• JMicron PATA/eSATA support was added by installing the package "Jmicron DS3-4 SATA-IDE fix for 10.4.8.pkg"

-PATA works flawlessly; have not tested eSATA, but it should work

• Installed "Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053.pkg" ... Then edited AppleYukon.kext, to change 8053 to 8056, and change dev id to 4364. This seems like a round-about way to do it, I think if you can get ahold of a 10.4.7 kext and edit it, it should work.

-Built in Gigabit LAN port works

Hi, I ty to use the network on P5K-E but i don't find how to change dev id to 4364? Is it in the AppleYukon.kext/Contents/info.plist file like "8053" ?

Thanks

To get network, just replace the IONetworkingfamily.kext with the one in the above download. Repair Permissions and reboot. Should work a treat.

Hey, I'm using a SATA 212D pioneer and having exactly the same issue as Badge. The disk spins down and then I need to shutdown to access it. If I reboot, I can't even see it in BIOS. The cables are fine too. The only thing is that I am using a four pin to sata power adapter.

Is it just the model, should I try another? Badge did you get anywhere with this?

my solution has just been to make sure i pull a disc out after i'm done using it. It's a very odd issue to be sure.

It has to be a drive model issue then. I might purchase another burner and see how it fairs. Kinda a massive problem, i guess. I'll try the liteon that someone else has been using without any issues on the p5k-e.

I am going to do an install tonight (Kalyway). I also have the p5k-e AND the Pioneer 212D SATA Burner.

As I am tripple booting this machine (xp+linux+osx), I have gone through the process of installing xp and ubuntu... While installing Ubuntu from DVD I noticed something strange. The dvd drive stalled while it was loading Gnome. Pressing Ctrl-F2 to see what was being spat out to console revealed that the system was experiencing an IO error of some kind. Instantly I thought the DVD is dirty or has a bad CRC. HOWEVER, I reset the computer and the DVD drive was gone from the bios. No lights to indicate the DVD being read either - almost as if the drive had been removed. Not until after I turned off the box completely did it come back. It sounds very similar to the kind of thing that you are experiencing under OSX... Subsequently, I was able to install without the same problem - however this was after I had made some changes in the bios (nothing really SATA related however). Perhaps its just a drive model issue as jackt283 is saying, however it could be driver specific too since it probably wouldn't do the same thing under Windoze.

Damn, I thought I would buy the newer Pioneer for this Hackintosh box ive built and now I find there may be issues... SIGH.

• 4 months later...
Ok.

Here is the stuff.

Unzip it. Open a Terminal. cd to the directory you unzipped it into.

type chmod +x p5kefix.sh

sudo ./p5kefix.sh

This WILL backup your extensions to /System/Library/Extensions.backup in case you fux0r something.

Will Fix Sound, LAN, IDE on the P5K-e.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0e9nhgfznd

Ok so i tried installing AzaliaAudio.pkg which said it went sucessfully, then i rebooted, got back into l

opard, and still no audio output devices were detected. My bios is set to HD-audio as far as the built in sound option goes.. i also tried AC97 but it didnt 

ake a difference.

q6600 on p5k-e wi/fi edition.

I searched around and found this thread, tried to download p5kefix.sh but its a broken link and i can't find it anywhere else !

someone please help me out, everything is very stable except for my sound is not working :(

• 2 months later...
Ok so i tried installing AzaliaAudio.pkg which said it went sucessfully, then i rebooted, got back into l

opard, and still no audio output devices were detected. My bios is set to HD-audio as far as the built in sound option goes.. i also tried AC97 but it didnt 

ake a difference.

q6600 on p5k-e wi/fi edition.

I searched around and found this thread, tried to download p5kefix.sh but its a broken link and i can't find it anywhere else !

someone please help me out, everything is very stable except for my sound is not working :D

Try this one.

Backup old HDA. Install this one. Hopefully you have 10.5.3 installed.

Repair permissions.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• 2 months later...
I'll be editing this first post to keep it updated with where I am at

System Specs:

Mobo: Asus P5K-E

CPU: e6420

RAM: 2 GB GSkill @ 800 (Model: F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ)

Drives: 320GB Seagate SATA 7200.10 (OS X Disk)

160GB WD SATA 7200 (Pro Tools Recording Disk)

(2x) 250GB WD IDE drives (Windows, Linux installs, misc)

Optical: Pioneer DVR-212DBK SATA DVD-RW

Power: Corsair 520W

GFX: XFX 7900GS

Asus P5K-E Components

•Audio: ADI AD1988B

•Wifi: ASUS WiFi-AP Solo

•LAN: Marvell 88E8056

•Southbridge: ICH9R

•IDE and eSATA Controller: JMicron JMB363

Current install uses Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3

What works:

•SATA works in AHCI mode,

Marvell Yukon 8056 Gigabit LAN works after kext editing

•Built IN Stereo Audio Output (using bash by asap found later in this thread)

•7900GS dual screen with Natit 0.2

•JMicron eSATA and PATA controller works (only tested IDE though)

•M-Audio Firewire Solo

•Processor Speed is correctly reported in About This Mac

What doesn't work

•Built In wifi

•Built in audio input, multi-channel out

•Wake from Sleep

•Optical drive works fine initially, but if a disc is left in the drive, it seems to spool down and OS X decides there is no longer an optical drive attached. The drive itself is unresponsive, and can only be brought back to life by shutting down (not restarting)

Hi,

Sorry, i'm a noob and this is the only info I can find on my motherboard. I'm using the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc and it hangs while booting from the cd. The apple logo comes up but then a 'stop' sign (circle with line through it) appears and it seems to hang.

Can you give me any tips to get past this? Are there any bios setting I need to change?

Sorry if this info is somewhere else but I couldn't find it.

Asus P5K-E

Core 2 Quad

Thanks

• 1 year later...