OSx86 installed on P35

badge

172 posts in this topic

Whats the specifict on the audio part? is it stereo with mic in etc. or is the whole thing working like surround etc.?

So i guess this means that the AD1988B chip is pretty well supported? nice then we can choose several of the new p35s!

I am actually planning to get the P5k Deluxe version, but i saw that its the same audio, dunno about the network drivers but you think it will work??

Any last advise or should i get this board as a first hackintosh??

I am actually planning to get the P5k Deluxe version, but i saw that its the same audio, dunno about the network drivers but you think it will work??

Any last advise or should i get this board as a first hackintosh??

My P5K Deluxe is running fine - the only items that aren't working are the on-board USB (backplane USB x 6 are all OK) and sleep function. I have SATAII drives connected to all of the on-board SATA connectors, as well as one external drive connected to one of the eSATA connectors. 2-channel sound is fine, if I want more I switch to the SB24 USB external.

I am overclocking at 3.2Ghz, and have not had any problems at all - running like a champ for the last month or so. See my sig for my setup.

With the tips from this thread, I don't think you can go wrong if you like this motherboard.

hehe thanks, i guess all the DVDs not spinning etc. etc. is all worked out.

Thanks so much for this work you guys!

I downloaded the bash script and as soon as I start building i am sure i will use it!!!

I really want to use both ext sata drives etc. and as you said youre using one, I assume the other is also working? :P

Anyway, keep it up!

hehe thanks, i guess all the DVDs not spinning etc. etc. is all worked out.

well i am still having the same trouble with my DVR-212D that i mentioned earlier. I haven't had any luck so far. Tried switching SATA jacks on the board, switched cables, updated the firmware etc. Drive works fine in Vista so it doesn't seem to be defective. Still not quite sure what the deal is.

well i am still having the same trouble with my DVR-212D that i mentioned earlier. I haven't had any luck so far. Tried switching SATA jacks on the board, switched cables, updated the firmware etc. Drive works fine in Vista so it doesn't seem to be defective. Still not quite sure what the deal is.

check your connections on the drive, cable and motherboard for broken connectors... i experienced a problem much like this with a sata hd a while back, turns out that i had knocked off part of the data cable slot surround on the disc drive, making the connection go wonky.. since no one else has had this prob, i'm thinking you might have some physical damage on a connector somewhere

oh.. thats weird. I havent heard that many ppl have this (on the other hand i havnt seen much about this board either :hysterical:

Have you tried another DVD? Once everything is installed, isnt it possible to use a normal IDE one?

I mean there are no "power saving" functions on dvds.. so i dunno.. will try later though. Also getting a Pioneer drive :P

Hi all,

first time posting here and I would like to ask your opinion on this configuration. I need a new PC as a media centre and audio workstation, using Native Instruments applications. I would like to run Ubuntu Studio and Osx86 on it:

Intel S775 Core 2 Q6600 Quad-Core CPU

ASUS S775 P5K-E/WiFi-AP Core 2 Motherboard or Deluxe

DDR2 2GB G.Skill 800MHz PC6400 RAM Kit NR

400GB Seagate 7200rpm 16M Serial ATA HDD

74GB WD Raptor 10000rpm 16MB serial ATA HDD meno

BFG 7900GS 256M PCIe Video Card

LiteOn 20x DVD Writer SATA Black

Integrated Sound Card

Ciao

Looking for a little clarity and help.

I'm thinking about getting a P5K Deluxe and would like to have a RAID 1 setup for data security. I was going to set my system with two new drives in a RAID 1 array and then use another SATA drive for OSX (I have two IDE DVDRW drives that are targeted for the single IDE controller).

It appears from the manual that the 6 onboard SATA ports are controlled together and can be set to either AHCI or RAID but you can't control them individually or in blocks.

My question is - If I set them to RAID will OSX be able to see the drives and can I install it on a SATA drive connected to one of the onboard SATA ports since they are all configured as RAID in BIOS?

Thanks,

SMF

afaik OS X will not recognize the mobos hardware raid, you do have the option of RAIDing some of your disk together through OS X disk setup though. (set the SATA ports to AHCI and softRAID them together)

Any help for me?

I did a lot of research on the forum and I am quite confident about my setup, just asking for confirmation.Plus between P5k-e and Deluxe is there any difference in performance running Osx86?

Cheers

So it would appear that the P5K isn't the motherboard for me. If I'm reading you correctly I need to set all the SATA ports to AHCI which means I can't set up two drives in a RAID 1 array for Windows. I might be better off with the P5W with its two IDE ports. I could use the SATA ports for RAID and set up an IDE HD for OSX while still using my two IDE DVD drives.

Weird, I have the Pioneer 212D SATA on my P5K-E. Works fine although sometimes, but rarely OS X will forget about the disk and almost "lose" the dvd drive. But after a reboot its fine.

This is exactly what my 212 does, i've already tried patchburn and it doesn't fix this issue but it does change burn support from "Yes (unsupported)" to "Yes (Vendor Supported)". This is a pretty weird issue to have. Not a deal breaker, just means you can't leave disks sitting in your drive.

This is exactly what my 212 does, i've already tried patchburn and it doesn't fix this issue but it does change burn support from "Yes (unsupported)" to "Yes (Vendor Supported)". This is a pretty weird issue to have. Not a deal breaker, just means you can't leave disks sitting in your drive.

Hi guys this is my first post, i have an Asus P5B-E motherboard with AD1988B audio, the azzalia method works for me fine, but how can i get my mic in working? i have no mic in or 5.1 sound at all. Please anyone can Guide me how to install normal drivers for My AD1988B audio card.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys this is my first post, i have an Asus P5B-E motherboard with AD1988B audio, the azzalia method works for me fine, but how can i get my mic in working? i have no mic in or 5.1 sound at all. Please anyone can Guide me how to install normal drivers for My AD1988B audio card.

Thanks in advance.

Stereo out is all we have so far with the 1988B

Help me.

My Laptop:

Core 2 Duo T5500, RAM 1GB,

I Install MAC OS X 10.4.5 is OK, But some drivers not use

==============

Now I change to Install Uphuck 10.4.9. But After boot " On Screen " have some text

" Debugger Call: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 Potential args on Stack)

0x13cbbc78: 0x128d1f..................

Kernel Version

Darwin kernel version 8.88.1 =: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; Semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_386"

Nothing happen next?

Please help me? what Version can I install?