Notebook Keyboard & Trackpad again

min3z

12 posts in this topic

Hi @ all,

My first post here but I'm following all these nice threads for about two weeks now.

I entered @ 8f1099 build so my experience is not that advanced like many others here.

My problem is really often discussed by others but no soloution on other threads fits for me :o

Now let me tell you my problem:

I'm able to install both 8f1099 and 8f1111 natively on my notebook but:

The Keyboard and the Trackpad are not working. I always need to plug in a set of my orig Apple Keyboard and mouse.

The interesting part is, when I try to boot the install DVD (8f1009 with all patches from maxxuss) in single-user mode with switches -k -v -s then the keyboard works in the prompt. When I reboot and try the same switches it doesn't work. I would say it works twice out of 10 tries.

If I try the single-user mode from the installed OS on my harddrive it works not even once out of 100 tries.

with ApplePS2Controller.kext added it always gives me this yellow line that there was a failure loading this extension (my notebook doesn't have a native ps2 port). I allready tried all the .kext files going round in the forums.

I allmost forgot, My Notebook is a Sony Vaio VGN-B1VP. It's a Centrino with 1,7ghz. I don't know how the keyboard and mouse are internally connected but I would say it's connected via USB. Like I said, there's no native PS2 port on the machine.

It would be grandious if there's still a solution for this, I'd appreciate it very much!

Many, many THX in advance!

min3z

Hi macgirl,

thanks for reply but like I wrote, I tried every ApplePS2Controller.kext posted here, at win2osx and many other forums.

Is that meaning I cannot get my keyboad and trackpad to work? ;)

min3z

Boot in Single User mode (-s) and delete the ApplePS2Controller.kext, if your keyboard is conected on the USB bus it does not need that kext.

Boot, if it does not work try to modify BIOS settings for KB and Trackpad.

Aloha,

tried that too. Another Problem is that there are no options for the keyboard and trackpad in the bios not even that common switch for the legacy usb support.

Two other interesting things. The keyboard is working as long as I'm in the bootmenu. As soon as It starts the kernel (bold font on screen in single user mode) the keyboard goes off. Till then I can keep pressing the NUM lock button for example and the LED keeps flashing. At the prompt it stays in the last status and doesnt do anything anymore.

The other thing is the darwin cd boots fine and I'm able to use the keyboard. Think that means the driver from the darwin cd is the right one. But when I use this with osx it says it's incompatible (superclass changed? etc). chowned and chmoded it right.

It's so disgusting, the OS works absolute flawlessly on my notebook, no crashes, extremly fast and on and on and on. But only the damn keyboard and trackpad still don't work :(

btw many thx for your effort macgirl, I know that this topic is allready discussed that much but I still believe that there's solution.

min3z

Is there an option to disable USB ports in BIOS?

Darwin CD is like version 10.4.0 of Mac OS, so we know that version does not have problems with PS2 KB, although 10.4.3 is a trickier one.

Hi again,

no, there're no special Bus options in Bios. I can only change the sequence of boot devices and set the system/bios password...

I hate those minimalistic bios...

Is there any way to use the darwin driver in 10.4.3?

many greets

RT10

I finally got trackpad (synaptics) and keyboard working on my Acer Aspire 5001 WLMi (Turion 64) notebook. The only problem is that you have to lose USB functionality :angry:

I booted up through VMWare and moved IOUSBFamily.kext into Extensions.disabled

Voila, KB and Trackpad now working a charm, onto Wireless next!

• 4 years later...
I have exact same problem, my laptop is SONY PCG-V505 with Centrino 1.5G. The keyboard and mouse work on 10.4.1 but not 10.4.3.

Hey Jim, I myself have a PCG-V505EX and was wondering if you had gotten OSX running on it and how...are you able to rune snow leopard too?

Thanks and God Bless,

Chaz