The complete semthex kernel bin-patch kit.

Guest BuildSmart

89 posts in this topic

To MODS and ADMINS!

Please CLOSE and DELETE this thread.

I dont know why you let those ppl to act like a children (Kiko and Dale Walsh aka BuildSmart)

They are liars and thiefs!

Dale Walsh! Who gave you permission to post our work?

How dare you?

Those 2 persons was coused many troubles to this community, and if the sitestuff continues to assist to those bastards it will be worse and (flame)war will never ends.

So...MODs...please remove this {censored}in tread..

Thank You!

P.S: We asked nicely before, but it looks like doesnt help!

You sold your soul for a bin patcher? :dev:

Dude, you are a cheap date. :o

:P

yeah yeah yeah, you know what i mean ;)

its their OWN responsibility

and, id help distribute this through pm, but it seems that the developers and makers of this do not wish to have it distributed.... which would well, turn me against it.

idk, it would help if semthex showed up to help settle this.

Guest BuildSmart
To MODS and ADMINS!

Please CLOSE and DELETE this thread.

I dont know why you let those ppl to act like a children (Kiko and Dale Walsh aka BuildSmart)

They are liars and thiefs!

Dale Walsh! Who gave you permission to post our work?

How dare you?

Those 2 persons was coused many troubles to this community, and if the sitestuff continues to assist to those bastards it will be worse and (flame)war will never ends.

So...MODs...please remove this {censored}in tread..

Thank You!

P.S: We asked nicely before, but it looks like doesnt help!

First, I haven't lied about anything.

Second, permission to post "OUR" work, I am just as much a part of this community as anyone else, I have lied about nothing and you make claims of ownership over copyrighted material when none exists and you have provided no proof other than a statement and the person who gave me the scripts I know didn't remove any content so give it up.

Third, I accepted the archive unmodified, there is no copyrighted material enclosed unless you are claiming that you wrote, own and copyrighted the functions utilized in the scripts (which I know you didn't) and that they are not owned by the PHP/Zend group (which they are).

Fourth, I also corrected errors in the code allowing it to function with the PHP that apple provides because the fool who did borrow the code used in it has issues with proper syntax so I could claim ownership from derrived works if you really wish to get technical about it (read the PHP license).

Fifth, it's people like you who instigate and continue flame wars, I stole nothing and made no false claims yet you find it necesarry to call me a liar and a thief when this is untrue.

Sixth, it's people of your mentality who are preventing further development, the fact that I along with many others believe that this is an open and active develpment project based on the APSL (read it some time) it was released under makes your comments invalid.

Seventh, by making the scripts available it help promote the projects development yet you're trying to prevent this cause you are more interested in making a name for yourself rather than the betterment of the project and the community.

Eigth, when making changes to code under the PHP, GNU-GPL or APSL you are not required to make your changes available to the general public but this doesn't change the terms of those licenses because you made changes and it certainly doesn't prevent anyone from utilizing those changes if they can be found.

Conclusion, if you want to help the community then do so otherwise stop your whinning and go play with your SPECIAL PRIVILEGED group that you believe is better than everyone else and let those interested in the project assist with furthering it's development without further harrassment from you.

First, I haven't lied about anything.

Second, permission to post "OUR" work, I am just as much a part of this community as anyone else, I have lied about nothing and you make claims of ownership over copyrighted material when none exists and you have provided no proof other than a statement and the person who gave me the scripts I know didn't remove any content so give it up.

Third, I accepted the archive unmodified, there is no copyrighted material enclosed unless you are claiming that you wrote, own and copyrighted the functions utilized in the scripts (which I know you didn't) and that they are not owned by the PHP/Zend group (which they are).

Fourth, I also corrected errors in the code allowing it to function with the PHP that apple provides because the fool who did borrow the code used in it has issues with proper syntax so I could claim ownership from derrived works if you really wish to get technical about it (read the PHP license).

Fifth, it's people like you who instigate and continue flame wars, I stole nothing and made no false claims yet you find it necesarry to call me a liar and a thief when this is untrue.

Sixth, it's people of your mentality who are preventing further development, the fact that I along with many others believe that this is an open and active develpment project based on the APSL (read it some time) it was released under makes your comments invalid.

Seventh, by making the scripts available it help promote the projects development yet you're trying to prevent this cause you are more interested in making a name for yourself rather than the betterment of the project and the community.

Eigth, when making changes to code under the PHP, GNU-GPL or APSL you are not required to make your changes available to the general public but this doesn't change the terms of those licenses because you made changes and it certainly doesn't prevent anyone from utilizing those changes if they can be found.

Conclusion, if you want to help the community then do so otherwise stop your whinning and go play with your SPECIAL PRIVILEGED group that you believe is better than everyone else and let those interested in the project assist with furthering it's development without further harrassment from you.

I think your opinion is valid BuildSmart. However, my big big problem with this whole situation is that even though you don't like the idea that some source, utilities, etc arent shared and freely available (which, for some, I can understand your annoyance), It does not give you the right to just release it against their will. Your right, probably none of the code is copyrighted. but people worked hard on it, and for WHATEVER reason they want to keep it private...well..damn....that is their right. You can make posts saying that their hording materials is wrong and stupid, etc..no one can stop you from expressing your opinion. But, if someone says "please dont redistribute this"(or any form of that statement), have enough respect for your fellow developer to follow their wishes!!!

-SaberSHO

Guest BuildSmart
is this still about the panic on 64bit cpu's? or just the pentium d's?

hmmm, netkas may have pointed out a bug/issue here, I tried running his example (after fixing it up with the missing content) on a Celeron-D and a Pentium-D and sure enough, when you try to run it you get a "Bus error".

I tried the binary on my ADP2,1 and got the same "Bus error".

I then built it in the ADE and ran it on my ADP2,1 and it runs fine but it still gives the "Bus error" when I run it on the Celeron-D and Pentium-D machines so this does warrant further examination and debugging to see why the failre is occurring.

On my intial debugging I found that the following was being reported as a warning during linking and not an error which is wrong.

symbol dyld_stub_binding_helper not defined (usually in crt1.o/dylib1.o/bundle1.o) for inferred architecture x86_64

another report of interest is

Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000ffe007a0
___memcpy () at /System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/PrivateHeaders/i386/cpu_capabilities.h:228

Upon further examination of the kernel binaries, it appears that apple has removed some content from the kernel source before releasing it which I verified by building the apple unmodified source in the ADE and comparing the resulting binaries which differ in a few places and the kernel is the only real difference between my ADP2,1 and my other test/development machines.

It also appears that the sse3 emulator code which is being moved to 0xFFFF4000 is overwritting code that might be required for 64bit execution and I'm gonna take a look at this section as well which might actually turn out to be nothing more than an exercise in time consumption and be irrelevant the the issue.

Guest BuildSmart
I think your opinion is valid BuildSmart. However, my big big problem with this whole situation is that even though you don't like the idea that some source, utilities, etc arent shared and freely available (which, for some, I can understand your annoyance), It does not give you the right to just release it against their will. Your right, probably none of the code is copyrighted. but people worked hard on it, and for WHATEVER reason they want to keep it private...well..damn....that is their right. You can make posts saying that their hording materials is wrong and stupid, etc..no one can stop you from expressing your opinion. But, if someone says "please dont redistribute this"(or any form of that statement), have enough respect for your fellow developer to follow their wishes!!!

-SaberSHO

Yes but strangely enough I went to irc.osx86.hu and tried to discuss the kernel source with the kernel developers, I stated I was considering posting the material I had and no one said anything to me about not releasing it or that they didn't want it released, they just pretty much ignored me, I guess thinking I didn't really have the stuff but never-the-less, no one piped up and said anything about it, I sat in the channel for more than 24hrs and no one said anything to me and then because I posted the material somoene decided to kick me, I see no reason to go to them now to discuss things further and no one has ever come to me to discuss anything other than the owners here who were concerned about a potential legal issue which I addressed and corrected to satify them.

The issue has always been project development and advancement, in the beginning I told them I was interested in the project and I was told that I wasn't allowed to join the group and no reason was ever given for this so I patiently waited to obtain the information I needed to resolve some issues and now that I have resolved the issue I decided that the community would better benefit access to this information to aid advancement rather than withold it so I made it publicly available as it should have been from the beginning but only after I tried to talk to them about it.

I am not part of the development group, not becuase I am not capable but because I am not part of their click and other than semthex and his kernel source (which I have not released) there hasn't been any real kernel advancement since his departure, I'm just not interested in his dog and pony show, his interest in the project was purely financial as evidence of him asking for money to purchase hardware to aid in development but as soon as he got the hardware he retired, conveniently.

If people wish to talk to me I am very receptive and for the most part welcome the communication however if they are not willing to communicate when I approach them how can they turn around and make false claims like telling people they asked me not to release the information when that is an outright lie.

As I said, I tried to discuss it with them, they weren't interested in a discussion and if they had concerns about the material being publicly available you would think that they would have said somehting when I mentioned my intentions to post the material to them but they said nothing about it so if they now claim they asked me not to release it, whom ever makes that claim is an outright liar.

While all of this makes for interesting conversation it isn't geared towards the projects advancement which is what this is all about, not some special group who want to claim responsibility for the project rather than it's advancements.

Again, I'm not part of the dev team, they weren't interested in my participation so I decided to resolve my issues myself, fortunately the material wasn't helpful in resolving my issue (only because I got the 10.4.9 kernel source after I fixed it) and resolving my issue was my only concern after they decided I wasn't allowed to join their group.

I do not use their material since I build my kernel with the sse3 emulator code natively and do not require bin-patching but I did test the bin-patcher scripts (which I had to fix) and it does work properly, I just don't use this method, if they had allowed me to join their group, I could have contributed my sse3 emulator code which is integrated into the kernel source and they could have taken advantage of this, release it, I just might do that in the near future or I could make a hack out of their bloob file since my source isn't really required which would resolve the need for bin-patching and obsolete the bin-patch scripts altogether but no one has attempted to contact me privately with this concept so it has not yet been discussed.

Releasing this material is useful to the projects advancement so that others can attempt to pick up where semthex left off since this seems to be the kernel that the majority want and I'll continue fixing issues that I encounter on my own since they are not interested in my participation.

I don't know How's the law in USA, but here in spain, reverse-engineering, emulation, bin-patching is legal if used to give compatibility.

Also, I don't think that this patches, if contains what they say, are against the DCMA. Emulating hardware with software isn't breaking protections, just giving features to those that can't pay them.

btw, would it be possible to emulate VTx (Vanderpool) Instructions?

hmmm, netkas may have pointed out a bug/issue here, I tried running his example (after fixing it up with the missing content) on a Celeron-D and a Pentium-D and sure enough, when you try to run it you get a "Bus error".

I tried the binary on my ADP2,1 and got the same "Bus error".

I then built it in the ADE and ran it on my ADP2,1 and it runs fine but it still gives the "Bus error" when I run it on the Celeron-D and Pentium-D machines so this does warrant further examination and debugging to see why the failre is occurring.

In my kernel it fixed e.g.

Guest BuildSmart
I don't know How's the law in USA, but here in spain, reverse-engineering, emulation, bin-patching is legal if used to give compatibility.

Also, I don't think that this patches, if contains what they say, are against the DCMA. Emulating hardware with software isn't breaking protections, just giving features to those that can't pay them.

The specific issue in question is circumvention of a copy protection scheme and posting the key itself might be a violation based on the DMCA so to avoid any potential issues the key was removed and is not included in the patch however the key is common knowledge.

Guest BuildSmart

netkas (vladmir), you really are the epitomy of intelligence and you should really stop spreading those lies about me, oh wait a second, what was I thinking, that kind of intelligence is beyond your comprehension abilities since you continue to make the same false accusations.

Unlike you, I don't hide behind a pseudonym, I have no issues telling people who I am and unlike you I don't ask people to donate money for me to work on a project if I am a part of that project group but since your a predator who takes advatage of those less capable by misleading them into believing your work is worth somehting.

You now claim to have a solution, that's nice but a lie, you fixed nothing and claiming you fixed it rather than telling the truth that mifki fixed it says a lot about you as a liar and a plagiarist that you are, why ask me to fix something that is already fixed makes no sense, sharing it would be the proper/nice thing to do however it would help the community and that isn't what you are about so I accept the fact that no one will see it but none of the released kernels I have tested as of today have it resolved so I can't believe your claim to be truthful and why should I, you have proven to be a dishonest person with far to many people with your outlandish claims and lies and maybe Mr_Smith needs to spank you some more.

Currently, the latest kernel releases don't have it resolved because the "Bus error" still occurs with these kernels which I tested with a Pentium-D.

I have no issues running any software at this time so other than looking into it on occassion and trying to track down the cause of the problem I now see no pressing need to spend any more time on it as eventually the fix will fall into my lap unless it becomes an issue which I need to resolve for one reason or another.

How convenient, a phantom msg from semthex, doubful that he wrote it cause you posted it and the syntax is too much like yours and your english is atrocious, his english is significantly better than yours which leads any competent reader to conclude he didn't write it and you just made the whole thing up.

I had no issues using the code semthex plagiarized and claimed as his own or the PHP scripts since I did test them and no, I didn't steal any of the material I posted, it was given to me so I stole nothing yet you find it necesary to claim this because I am in posession of it and posted it since it's not copyrighted material and you don't like that it's now available.

At no time do I claim that material as my own so plagarism isn't a consideration, what I do claim as my own is my own version of the sse3 emu code which barely resembles the incomplete code that semthex gave to people that doesn't integrate into the kernel source where my code does without any issues.

The code that semthex passes as his own is only 653 lines of text and for the sake of arguement I'll say he generated a disassembly and changed some function names as he modified the code but my code is 2420 lines of text and you cannot say I use his source code because his source code isn't compatible with the syntax I used or the Makefile's standard assembler source build method and I don't do anything fancy to build my source other than to add the source file to the list of i386 specific sources files and issue the standard make command.

semthex is a plagiarist, he passes out that Intel syntax sse3 emu source code as work that he wrote and he didn't write it unless the code he's been passing out is not the code he wrote, only something to pass out to the masses.

Maybe I should generate a diff of the semthex source I do have and post that as well, I can post it as an alternate patch for a kernel, would you like me to do that, are you as part of the dev group permitting me to post it because to post it I would need permission because of some of the headers/information contained in the semthex modified source???

Currently, the latest kernel releases don't have it resolved because the "Bus error" still occurs with these kernels which I tested with a Celeron-D and a Pentium-D.

I have compiled that hello world example on a pentium d without errors with his sse3 10.4.9 kernel :P

Guest BuildSmart
I have compiled that hello world example on a pentium d without errors with his sse3 10.4.9 kernel :P

helios, I tried it with the kernels I was given today and it compiles fine but when I tried to run it it gave the Bus error so I can only state it isn't resolved based on the kernels I tested (one dated last week).

Oh it's your kernel now, interesting.....

I'll tel you what, I'll make you a deal, I'll give you the latest integrated sse3 emulator source file and the instruction to implement it if you give me the source and implementation information for the 64bit fix.

I make this offer publicly for several reasons, the main reason being I will deliver what I state provided you provide me with the working 64bit solution and you have my public declaration of my willingness to provide you with a working patchless sse3 emulator integration solution and my failure to provide this solution after making this public declaration would harm my character since I have always done as I claim.

The other reason is if it is your kernel as you claim and you wish to reduce it's size and make generation easier and remove the need to bin-patch externally it would be advantageous of you to accept this offer, hell. I'll give it to you and provide you with an NDA which states I cannot release or divuldge copies of the work and further give up all rights of possession and onwership under stiff financial penalities and give them to you which means it would cost me considerably if I possed and/or distributed the source files or copies I give to you so you would in effect have the upper hand by owning all of the sources.

Of course you don't have to accept my offer, you can continue with the external bin-patch method you are currently using but in either case you would be wise to stop making false claims about me because people see you for what you really are and it doesn't look pretty.

It would also help if you learn better english and english grammar, trying to converse with you is like trying to converse with a 5 year old child and yes, I speak more than one language myself which is irrelevant to this discussion other than to point out it's possible if you just apply yourself.

Time to put up or shut up netkas!!!

Wow.

It must be some problem with forum engine.Damn.

Some words suddanly dissapeared.

Nevermind.I will fix it.

greets from semthex

Have been some tiem since I posted last but as often requested I just wanted to give a short statement on BuildSmart's thread on insanelymac, some of you migth have read and I hope you enjoied it as I did

Sadly Insanelymac changed my password (which I coudl retrive) and set me to moderation, plus not approved my comment in the thread directly. Opposition sucks, doesn't it? Hail I-mac!

Here is the original wording of my post:

It has been a long time since i posted last here, or in general to the OSX86 community. You know what a main reason was why I left? It were people like you, especially people like my "best friend" dale alias buidlsmart who created this thread. It is funny what you try to put together here with your plagiat stuff.

If it comes to the emu it is fun that you not could get it to work and had to steal it from the people i gave it to and even dare to publish the stuff you stole and could not really make any use of.

Do we expect any real words form people like you? To be honest, I not even know what the omnious "AT&T emulation project" you mentioned should be. But I may tell you hooking such a emulation to the IDT for a badop and handle it is what the IDT was designed for, handeling a interrupt.

Anything else regarding the emu has been said on my blog, and why it was never inserted to source? Well you ever thought on that as we (me and rufus) wrote the emu we had other times than now?

Well anyways, I won't spend any more time on the osxkids project or you now, but well reading all this after I was told about really made me laugh, somehow I get the feeling a few people have serious problems, waiting over a year to try to {censored} on my head cause I not was impressed by them as they showed up to me *pats dale on the head*.

Well anyways, have a nice day,

a smilin' semthex :)

Congrats on your shiny new badge Dale!

Lets add extra to that why dont we :)

update: As in the thread on I-Mac coudl be read, buildsmart seems to be 100% sure on his strange reality, well beening called plagiatist by the biggest copy cat ist most funniest. Maybe he can remmemebr who made firs tsource kernel? It was me and Mifki and maybe he not remember where he came and demanded (!) I give him source. This guy seems to suffer really bad psychic problems, maybe not to be taken serious. Well but as it seems it proves my opinion how many people around Osx86 currently suck balls.

As a recommendation to all real developer, which i also gave them personally, to backup from anything regarding leopard and future releases, see the kids will have their waterloo with it. Sure they have a stolen binary patch but anyone thinks this will be enough, especially to these, to fix up the real big cat? With people who are not able to write 3 lines of C, named buildsmart, kiko and friends, Osx86 will have again a dry phase, like it had before I and Mifki came here. Why? Cause noone sane wants to work for a community unbalanced by such retards. Maybe this is hard to the community itself but, maybe also the only way to deal with the desease of poisonous retards anymore.

If this poisen is the end, it is, but noone can expect a developer to do anything for a community spiked with such individuals.

A short think about I still have to the end, if you would have spended two weeks of fulltime work on a sse3 emulation, many more days on a kernel patch without any workprint, teacher and stuff, would you feel bad if you and your work gets stolen, tried to dragged through dirt and re-labeled? That is what they do with the work of any dev, netkas, daemons, mine.

Well I not feel bad about it anymore, I even laugh, it's the jelousy of the skillless. But it is/was anoying, it has been anoying since ages and it made me latly quit, since you better quit something at the point you not enjoy it anymore, or you get constantly anoyed. And so it will happen with the others as well. OSx86 kindergarden really drives you hard if you are into it and this happens to you once you start real development here.

and what shiny new badge?

P.P.S: If you have trouble understanding what he is saying, translate it to chinese, then back to english, it will look clearer.

Im positive all the points the he presented can be argued with validity to the arguments. For instance, i'll do the first one

1) You and mifki huh?. iirc you hated the russians, it was a big race, the "kernel wars" there were many times which you would get onto IRC and swear about the russians, and then ask moderators here to remove their posts (dont like getting your own medicine back do you?).

And it was mifki who produced the first patch, dont try and make it sound like you and the russians were working in perfect harmony in a land with rainbows and chocolate covered candy, because it wasnt. And the reason it wasnt and still isnt, is because people like you just cant drop it. If you dont really care at all about osx86, then why are you still arguing about it? why are you still hanging around? just go back to puredarwin. You can badmouth me, and all the others as much as you like, it wont change my stance on things, others may believe what you say, but that is because most of them are ignorant and are taking things completely out of context. I have been around you since you first showed up, and i know what your like. We can all put on these faces for the public, but in private, your just ugly. Also. please provide more basis for your arguments, now maybe i cant code for {censored}, but if buildsmart cant code, then im sure no-one is able to code, just google Dale Walsh and see how many projects and mailing lists he shows up in. He sure as hell knows alot more than you.

Demanded the source???, hah, from the pastebin logs, and the way i remember it happening, he offered to help you, and you barred him because of your paranoia as he had "friends" that he wouldnt explain more about, like if anyone needs medical attention, its you.

Please, if anyone has a -==Valid==- argument to what i have said, or what semthex has said, please post below.

anyways, have a nice life alex :D

EDIT: I've decided to include my favourite generic argument at the bottom, so people all over the world who want to have unfounded arguments can use it (with your permission of course semthex)

This guy <insert name here> seems to suffer really bad psychic problems, maybe not to be taken serious.

Buildsmart, you lie. or you have ln -s /dev/ass /dev/hands

Unlike you, I don't hide behind a pseudonym, I have no issues telling people who I am and unlike you I don't ask people to donate money for me to work on a project if I am a part of that project group but since your a predator who takes advatage of those less capable by misleading them into believing your work is worth somehting.

haha , so wait till apple will sue you.

p.s. you wrote my name wrong, bad guy...

Guest BuildSmart
Buildsmart, you lie. or you have ln -s /dev/ass /dev/hands

haha , so wait till apple will sue you.

p.s. you wrote my name wrong, bad guy...

First, you say I lie but cannot show what I have lied about, that reason is simple, I have not lied.

Second, apple wont be suing me, they have no reason to sue me.

Third, you completely ignored my offer, not even a response of refusal.

Fourth, I never plagiarized any material, I at no time have claimed authorship of the material I posted, I only posted it because I believe it would help the community to have competent people actively working on the project, I offered to assist a while back but semthex was too stupid to understand english and too paranoid to accept the truth that he banned me from participating and ran around flaming me.

netkas, I don't care how your name is spelt, your still a liar and a publicly admitted plagiarist who's already been caught in his lies as you take too much credit and ownership for other people's work.

I gave you an opportunity that would give you the upper hand in this matter however you're too stupid to know a gift horse when it's handed to you and prefer to continue telling lies about me because you're not intelligent enough or mature enough to have an adult conversation or debate regarding the real issue.

Conclusion, I have little interest in actively participating in the kernel development for the betterment of the community or being part of the semthex dog and pony show but I still believe that anyone who is qualified and/or interested should be able to participate without harrassment and certainly should not require your permission or authorization to do so.

I have been patient but if you continue with this behavior of telling lies about me I will seek further action and compensations.

Why are Semthex's posts being censored?

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1166

If his posts are being censored then there's probably a reason for it.

He's already been caught in too many lies and caught claiming ownership for work written by someone else that his only defense is to try and make it appear as though others are doing this to him, however, he can make this false acqusation about me all he wants and it doesn't change the truth which is, I haven't lied, I haven't stolen anything and I have not claimed ownership for work I have not created or contributed to and I certainly give credit to original authors if I use any of their work.

YOu have problems with your eyes

"64-bit NOW is Fixed. new kernel is available on irc - sse3-only kernel "

if you want a confirmation ask DiegoMax e.g.

and Nothing i should provide you, try to understand it.

Guest bikedude880

Christ... what the hell is happening? Since when did stealing files from other people become common practice in this community? What would maxxuss say if someone tried to distribute his work as their own? To me at least, this is exactly what's happening. Now forget all the {censored} that happened in the past, that's over with, done, can't be changed. The best compromise I can see in the future is what the Linux kernel has going on. Get one repository where people can contribute small kernel patches and have a small group of people commit them to the stable kernel. SSE2 emulation is just an insignificant portion of the kernel (in all regards at least) that a couple people got working for everyone to have in their kernel. Even in the kernel source, there is a comment that states who worked on it.

Why is it that we have to attack each other in order to get what we want? The way everyone is going about this project is just plain wrong. Colaboration and open information are critical if this project is going to survive. Oh, and the most important thing that I can say: Give credit where it is due. Some people work hard on these projects for no reason other than to give others a better OS.

'Nuff said.

Guest BuildSmart
YOu have problems with your eyes

"64-bit NOW is Fixed. new kernel is available on irc - sse3-only kernel "

if you want a confirmation ask DiegoMax e.g.

and Nothing i should provide you, try to understand it.

I have no problems with my eyes and yes, you don't have to provide me with anything but it's interesting to see how uneducated you really are when you can't grasp the scope or magnitude of what I offered you.

You really need to learn english, I tested a couple of the kernels and the "Bus error" still exists.

If I completely disable EFI I can get a machine with a Celeron-D to not encounter the "Bus error" so it might be fixed under certain conditions but it isn't fixed properly.

When you get it fixed properly that would be something worth celebrating and mifki is probably close with his solution and in it's current state it might very well work for many people but it doesn't work on an efi enabled motherboard.

At this time the only proof I can accept as a bonafide fix is to see a kernel which doesn't give the "Bus error" on an efi enable motherboard with a Pentium-D so your claim of "fixed in your kernel" (which isn't yours) is not true.

Guest BuildSmart
Christ... what the hell is happening? Since when did stealing files from other people become common practice in this community? What would maxxuss say if someone tried to distribute his work as their own? To me at least, this is exactly what's happening. Now forget all the {censored} that happened in the past, that's over with, done, can't be changed. The best compromise I can see in the future is what the Linux kernel has going on. Get one repository where people can contribute small kernel patches and have a small group of people commit them to the stable kernel. SSE2 emulation is just an insignificant portion of the kernel (in all regards at least) that a couple people got working for everyone to have in their kernel. Even in the kernel source, there is a comment that states who worked on it.

Why is it that we have to attack each other in order to get what we want? The way everyone is going about this project is just plain wrong. Colaboration and open information are critical if this project is going to survive. Oh, and the most important thing that I can say: Give credit where it is due. Some people work hard on these projects for no reason other than to give others a better OS.

'Nuff said.

The issue is netkas continues to claim I stole his work (which isn't his) and the fact is I stole nothing and he can't accept that, he's hell-bent on smearing this false information because I released the material that I believed should be openly available.

He also claims I've plagiarized his work and this is not true, at no time do I claim authorship or ownership of the material in question and first, I haven't distributed any of the material as my own and second, some of the material that semthex claims he wrote with rufus is peices of someone elses work that is being distributed as semthex's work and they're pissed that I divuldged this information along with the material.

My posted kernel source is based on the early 10.4.8 DaemonES patches (he promised to provide a newer source but never did) that he was giving out with some modifications/improvements and I do credit DaemonES for this work.

The issue with the semthex source I have is the information contained in the headers which prevents distribution and I'd like nothing more than to post it and I have asked for permission in the hopes that they say yes because they believe that I don't really have any semthex source and call my bluff but since I already asked if no one would object to me posting the bin-patch stuff I had and they didn't respond becuase they didn't believe I had anything the chance of getting them to fall for the same thing twice doesn't look promising.

I don't have to respect semthex but I have to at least respect myself.

I agree with you, it should be open and your repository suggestion is a very good one but the biggest issue with such a good idea is that those who are in current posession of the material and information that should be open and available aren't willing to share it and certainly don't share the idea that this is exactly what the community needs because they are too blinded by their glory seeking attitudes.

If the project ever does take this open and public concept I would be more than happy to contribute as my way of helping the community but since this kind of venue doesn't exist I'm certainly not interested in contributing to a group that places their main focus on their names rather than the project itself.

There some issues for your idea to be successful and that would be a competent and intelligent person to manage the project personel without bias or prejudice and finding him/her would be difficult.

The second would be to assemble a managing body of coders who would be responsible for testing and committing the submitted patches on a regular basis without bias or prejudice of the submitee and this also implies setting up an environment that is condusive to the very community you wish to promote.

While I don't wish to be involved directly in the management aspect I will discuss it with a couple of people and if something can be arranged I'll let you know.

I have been watching this community for a while now, and all I am able to say, is that I am not impressed. People have spent more time complaining about their work being stolen, than actually doing it. Like now for instance, Buildsmart has released these files, and all he has gotten in return is hostility, not even a thankyou. People calling him a plagiarist, but not once have i read that its his work, on the other hand the AMD patches for the semthex kernel, are based on my older work, i haven't seen much credit, if any to me. But that does not bother me, as he helped the community, like Buildsmart is doing.

The community is supposed to be all about sharing work, thats i what i wanted it to be like. and this community has strayed far from its intended path. Sure some people may not like what Buildsmart, or others have done. But the fact of the matter is, he has done it. And the longer we keep arguing about it, the less work gets done, and the more broken the community gets, the community is already broken enough because of people like OoOoOoO, the same sort of people that made me leave in the first place. Now sure OoOoOoO may hack leopard, but its nothing i couldn't do, or anybody with ASM knowledge couldn't do. We should stop arguing about who "owns" the material and be happy that somebody makes it public, the sooner we can get over these childish arguments, the quicker we can rebuild the community and get ready for the big cat.

Goodbye for now and i hope that all this can just stop

-maxxuss

• Like 2