The complete semthex kernel bin-patch kit.

Guest BuildSmart

89 posts in this topic

Guest BuildSmart

First I'd like to thank Kiko for being resourceful and obtaining the PHP scripts.

Since I no longer bin-patch my kernel (native building) and I've never been permitted to be part of the kernel dev team I see no reason why these files should not be shared and since those who have the semthex source aren't willing to share it for the improvement of the project I think it only fitting that the files I do have be made available so that further advancements by more competant personel might be possible.

I've fixed the PHP scripts so they now work under PHP4 and PHP5.

I've included the complete bin-patch kit and a DaemonES 10.4.9 auto-detect FSB, SpeedStep, wo/NX, w/HPET-emu diff so you can start making your 10.4.9 kernels today.

AMENDMENT :

I must give credit to maxxuss for the pioneering AMD work and source code utilized in the attached DaemonES ported patch.

The source itself is not included, a patch is, the patch is not illegal and is not copyrighted material, the PHP scripts are not illegal or copyrighted material, the bloob file is also not copyrighted or illegal material so your claim is invalid unless you can show otherwise.

I have broken it into 3 seperate archives so you can grab only what you need/want.

I know that the sse3 code and the PHP patcher scripts used to install it are not illegal (they fall under the PHP license).

The diff is not illegal since it disables NX and adds an HPET emulator and the symbols required to install the sse3 emulator code and the protection key is not present in the file (although common knowledge) so it would be impossible to claim this is illegal.

bin_patch_scripts.tar.gz

sse3_emu.tar.gz

daemones_1049.tar.gz

• Like 1

p.s: to the mod looking, this is legal imo. iirc it still keeps the old APSL headers, and you can use this to make your own kernels to run osx on your appletv (which is apple hardware)

First I'd like to thank Kiko for being resourceful and obtaining the PHP scripts.

Obtaining? I think not. He STOLE the PHP scripts. No he didn't hack them or do anything special. SOmeone gave him a password, and he STOLE THEM.

Since I no longer bin-patch my kernel (native building) and I've never been permitted to be part of the kernel dev team I see no reason why these files should not be shared and since those who have the semthex source aren't willing to share it for the improvement of the project I think it only fitting that the files I do have be made available so that further advancements by more competant personel might be possible.

These files arent yours. You had no permission to share them, and it is stealing. You couldn't make it yourself, so you had to steal it and call it yourself.

You even never gave semthex credit for making it.

I bet this post will probably be edited, but yes, I knokw you can't deal with the truth.

And by the way, mods, this IS ILLEGAL. It is a bin patch that is in no part of the ASPL.

np101137, here, you want to borrow my hanky, seriously. I never stole anything. We've been over this a thousand times, i had no say in what buildsmart did. and btw, "semthex's emu" looks pretty similar to a AT&T emulator project. and We made it before i obtained the php script. But really who actually cares about it.

People are now able to build their own sse2 kernel which benefits the community far more than closed source development. And if you are saying that the community benefiting is bad, then i feel sorry for you.

Anyway, i'd like to credit zef (he made the php i think) , and semthex and rufus, and all the other devs (the real ones) who have played a part in osx86

In the recent version of the php bin patcher i've been implemented a simple MachO parser with a really fast symbol table lookup method so you don't even need to dig the value of _lo_allintrs anymore. And there's a php4 compatible command line version too.

The stolen/published/whatever version was just a proof of concept for testing php's string functions' binary safe compatibility. ... fortunately they are :(

Btw no comment for the method how you got this script.

Yeah, i heard about your new php one. Great work btw. ( i also heard that you made a cli version if so, even better work)

I'm still wondering how you did the Mach-O parser with php. I had a semi-working patcher using source gathered from all over the place and some of hte's libraries, but once buildsmart ported the emul to source there was no need anymore.

P.S: I hope no hard feeling about that whole incident, if so, im sorry

BuildSmart

nothing you made new, you just repeated our work :)

You are not a developer, you are just plagiarist :P

now try to use your brain and fix 64-bit problem on a pentiumD, if you will not - then you are nothing

Guest BuildSmart
BuildSmart

nothing you made new, you just repeated our work :)

You are not a developer, you are just plagiarist :blink:

now try to use your brain and fix 64-bit problem on a pentiumD, if you will not - then you are nothing

WOW, I thought you were more intelligent than that netkas but I guess I made a mistake, you don't appear to be smart enough to understand the content of a post if this is what you concluded.

I didn't repeat your work, I have my own, I don't use the bin-patch stuff or have your source so it would be impossible for me to repeat your source but I see no issues offering the bin-patch stuff to anyone willing to develop a kernel.

I'm not a developer??? that would be news to quite a few people who pay me handsomely for development.

I am not a plagiarist, the fact that I had the bin-patching files and made them available to everyone is not plagiarism and I never claimed that work as my own, I'm not like semthex.

I have my own source I don't use any of the semthex files and I don't have to bin-patch my kernel so your comment on this is invalid.

You want me to fix the 64bit issue with the Pentium-D, I don't appear to have that issue with my source but I'd be more than happy to see if I can isolate and correct the problem in your source as soon as you provide me with your source (under an NDA if you wish) or are you now going to change your mind cause you wont stand behind your statements???

You really are a brainlesspeice of work.

Hmm, whats if all illegal material is removed?

just use my pm system, pm for links... no one has bitched at me yet about it, as its the pm'er and the pm'ed 's soul responsability, if this gets deleted, just make one with that system in place (unless told not to by someone who works for this site i guess)

and to EVERYONE, keep it civil, and if you people turn it into a flame fest it will be deleted.... and besides, who likes flames????????? :)

mkay, and semthex is great, kiko is great, i have yet to see BuildSmart's work, but i am pritty sure he released it under another 'nick as most do.... so ill give him the benifit of the doubt....

the riff of the devs has happened, and no one will benefit.

:2cents:

thanks all for continuing to dev though! :wallbash: you keep osx86 alive ;)

btw, thanks for sharing ;)

edit: just ran into buildsmart's website, i like it, as far as i can tell he is quite the dev as well.... and, well, i think that you guys should work this otu with out flaming, or through flame-y pm's

netkas, the sad thing is, you dont even have the sse3 source semthex used, and if you dont believe it exists, i'll give you a copy, as your friend semthex doesnt trust you enough to have it (if you dont have it)

Guest BuildSmart
still, we need to investigate all those facts you all are pointing out

edit: not to mention that the package could be illegal itself

the forum staff is taking a decision

so please, stop flaming thx

The fact that you have acted without validation holds little value and has been ignored, if you can show cause (there is only one potential issue I am unable to verify at this time) I will address and or correct the issue(s) that concern you but to make a generic claim and provide no valid reason will only be ignored because I am in good faith acting under the very rules that you claim I am violating but refuse to show the specific violation which means to most intrepreting this post that your actions are an abuse of power rather than an exercise of intelligence.

As I said, if you can show cause I will address and/or correct the issue(s) but as long as you refuse to validate your claim your claim has little value/substance and will continue to be ignored.

As I previously posted, the source itself is not included, a patch is, the patch is not illegal and is not copyrighted material, the PHP scripts are not illegal or copyrighted material, the bloob file is also not copyrighted or illegal material so your claim is invalid.

i'll close this thread if builtsmart continues posting that archive

I will continue to post the archive until you validate your claim of violation, nothing illegal or copyrighted has been posted so your generic claim that it violates the rules is invalid.

uh... if this patcher is to circumvent copyright protection mechanisms, then it violates the DMCA. insanelymac is (unfortunately imho) hosted in the USA, hence is subject the the DMCA law. I dont agree with it, but there it is.

if this file violates the DMCA, we mods are perfectly within our rights to remove it, to protect the continued existence of insanelymac itself.

Guest BuildSmart
fixing 64-bit is just a text to make me think you have enough brain.

netkas, give me your source and I will have a look but until you do anything you say has little merit because I cannot attempt to fix what I do not have.

uh... if this patcher is to circumvent copyright protection mechanisms, then it violates the DMCA. insanelymac is (unfortunately imho) hosted in the USA, hence is subject the the DMCA law. I dont agree with it, but there it is.

if this file violates the DMCA, we mods are perfectly within our rights to remove it, to protect the continued existence of insanelymac itself.

The patcher does not circumvent any copyright protection mechanisms, it installs and enables a peice of emulation code that the "claimed" author wasn't able to integrate into the kernel source which is released under an APSL and yes, if it did what you stated you would be well within your rights to take action but the fact remains that you cannot show that this statment is valid.

simple, you wanna post a patchset to workaround a protection

our host is in usa, and your post complains with local rules

if you wanna act like a child and you don't wanna understand this simple fact.. it's not our problem

Your statement is untrue, the patch replaces the HPET code with an HPET emulator, disables NX and adds an SSE3 emulator for use with SSE2 only CPU's.

Now, addressing specific concerns seems to get a more civilized response rather than taking unvalidated action without details and as I have previoulsy stated, if you can show a specific issue I will willingly correct the issue but as I have stated, the information I posted was designed for specific purposes, the fact that with a couple of line changes you can potentially use it for illegal purposes doesn't make it illegal itself, that would be like banning hand guns sales in the US because they can be used to rob banks and the fact that the majority are bought for legal protection purposes gets waylayed becuase some fool thinks that by banning the sale prevents bank robing and that personal protection/preservation is of no concern and is ignored, not to mention that law-abiding citizens who legally purchase handguns aren't in the bank robing business and criminals would still continue to rob banks because buying a gun legally has nothing to do with robing banks.