Atheros AR5007EG, Who can help me?

Romil

97 posts in this topic

Romil Hey =) we just know how recognized our atheros AR5006, AR5007 ) but in when see in profiles airport write that network not available )) you can try ) Heres my IO80211 kext which includes. Copy this IO80211Family.kext to /System/Library/Extensions then Permissions fixed and in termimal do it

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

then reboot ) and your airport will be recognized but not working =( kernel panic when connect to your wriless network (

If you have any solution it will be adorable )

• 1 month later...

I've tried your kext, my AR5006 got recognized for the first time (and believe me, i've tried many workarounds with no sucess), but, for some reason,

it appears as "airport not configured" and in system preferences/network it shows up as PCI-E Ethernet Controller....weird... Just a report.

Oh, by the way, the system is a Toshiba Satellite a135-s4656 and the wifi card is VEN 168C DEV 001c

$ sudo kextload -t AirPortAtheros.kext/
kernel extension AirPortAtheros.kext/ has problems:
Missing dependencies:
{
"com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" ="A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"
}
Warnings:
{
"Kext has a kernel
dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's
MODULE_VERSION" = true
}

any ideas?

is it http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry38453 what i need? May be i just may create a soft link on IONetworkingFamily.kext?

i installed mac from uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3.

and my Network Preferences crashes :)

no don't have any ideas what to do... i'm tired with this adapter... we don't have suggestion... stupid ar5006... and ar5007... don't wanna work good. so sad... really... without wi-fi laptop not laptop it is like desktop with wires... we need wi-fi but he doesn' work... what to do anybody help us =) THX vry much

I just registered to let you know that I think there are MAJOR issues with the AR5007EG.

I have a BRAND NEW Aspire 3680 with that card. Went through the "Vista" setup after its very first bootup, and it won't connect.

This problem is NOT exclusive to MAC users.

It can see the wireless router, but will not connect to it.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Aces.

I thought my experience might have been useful information for you, however it turns out I had to disable Driver Signature Enforcement to let the card work in my Vista setup. That piece of info is really of no use to this thread.

Therefore, since it is not useful, I apologize and shall now bow out of the thread.

Thanks!

Aces.

To Aces, The AR5007 is a superb performer in my Acer notebook. I can sit outside in my garden at the very other side of my house and get a good signal with it.

Where the macbook has a usable signal and a powerbook none. It really has surprised me how good a reception it has / wireless link it creates. Must have good antennas too, I guess.

That said, it doesn't work with OS X and I am eager to find a solution for it in x86 with my Acer 5570z

I can't get wifi nor ethernet. JAS 10.4.8 & Uphuck v1.3 :huh: (no sound yet either)

Atheros AR5007EG wireless

Marvell Yukon 88E8038 PCI-E fast ethernet

Realtek High Definition sound

bemac, I saw that you were replying to the other thread from Eskruza, if you use that same audio package he lists but in the customize choose 3 port digital and 6 port, 6port digital...worked for me, still no ethernet or wifi...

Thanks,

As I had to re-install (rather than trying to fix a bad 10.4.10 upgrade) I selected the azalia sound (instead of realtek) with uphuck 1.3 and sound works via speakers, by default! Was greeted with welcome animation with sound, sample video clip works.

No sound over headphones now, but that's no immediate concern to me. I prefer speakers over headphones.

According to atheros cz ... there would be linux drivers for the Atheros AR5007 via madwifi

http://www.atheros.cz/

But then madwifi says it is not compatible yet http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility/Atheros

but would however be possible with the windows driver.

Found this positive ubuntu user report http://ivangarcia.org/blog/?p=13 ; who links these instructions http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dtvgpkz_46fv8dwf

Chipset: Atheros AR5007EG (rev 01)PCI ID: 168c:001cDownload the windows 32-bit drivers from here. [ ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/asp...os_v5_1_1_9.zip ]

Download and install the last version of ndiswrapper [ http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=93482 ] (it works from 1.45 version)Installation [ http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/...d,installation/ ]

Try to remove the module ath_pci to let ndiswrapper to use the wifi.

"sudo rmmod ath_pci" or "sudo modprobe -r ath_pci"

also try put that module in the blacklist of modprobe to avoid his

loading on the startup:

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-common

Insert this line:

blacklist ath_pci

Then restart.

When u will boot again.

Load the windows driver it from the uncompress folder:

#ndiswrapper -i net5211.inf

then install to modprobe

#ndiswrapper -m

Maybe an experienced linux user can chime in if this bodes good news?

This is out of my league, and may be impossible to replicate in osx / x86.

Are we stuck waiting till madwifi would support AR5007?

Or till Apple uses that chip in an updated system?

Update: I've been informed that ndiswrapper is a linux only tool:(

i saw some positive feedback after updating to 10.4.10 with koolkal-10-4-10-intel-combo-sse2-sse3-V2 package. And people wrote that after update Atheros 5006 & 5007 work!

Hi ZaiS, would you please specify for us which options you enabled/ disabled in Koolkal's installer?

Thanks, mate ;) .

Just adding my $.02 on the Atheros AR5007EG.

I got a Thoshiba Satellite P200/RT108C

It recognizes the built in Web Cam- Chicony

Realtek Audio, ALC861, ... working with Azilia driver

Realtek RTL81001 NIC .... working with Uphuck 1.4 driver

945GM video ..... detected ok with all resolutions and Q/I 

I intsalled the ICH7 from Uphuck 1.4 too. Don't know if they make a diff.

For the AR5007EG i tried using the 10.4.5+wireless patch from Uphuck 1.4

Seems to be seeing it as Firewire connection

So everythings working except the wireless. Doesn't seem to be to many that have got it working if any. So I am dual booting with Vista and MAC for now. Going with WinXP on this is a pain as there are no dedicated drivers from Thoshiba for it.

I got a Thoshiba Satellite P200/RT108C

It recognizes the built in Web Cam- Chicony

Realtek Audio, ALC861, ... working with Azilia driver

Realtek RTL81001 NIC .... working with Uphuck 1.4 driver

945GM video ..... detected ok with all resolutions and Q/I

I intsalled the ICH7 from Uphuck 1.4 too. Don't know if they make a diff.

So everythings working except the wireless. Doesn't seem to be to many that have got it working if any. So I am dual booting with Vista and MAC for now. Going with WinXP on this is a pain as there are no dedicated drivers from Thoshiba for it.

man I envy you so much .. look at my sig -- I wish I could have waited for the p200. Oh well might as well be happy for you. Was a good move from Toshiba hackint0sh wise to diss the Intel periphery and to switch to Realtek (Conexant Audio = Intel High Definition). If you get your Atheros working, please let me know - I ordered an original Apple Atheros from across the great lake, and it ain't working, which still feels like a big blow into my face .. :P

I got a Thoshiba Satellite P200/RT108C

It recognizes the built in Web Cam- Chicony

Realtek Audio, ALC861, ... working with Azilia driver

Realtek RTL81001 NIC .... working with Uphuck 1.4 driver

945GM video ..... detected ok with all resolutions and Q/I 

I intsalled the ICH7 from Uphuck 1.4 too. Don't know if they make a diff.

Just adding some further testing results... still not working though...

My AR5007EG shows pci/ven  168c/001c and subsys of 7128144F

There are some threads about using Airport 002 update  and editing the AirPortAtheros5424.kext. In this kext there are 2 lines for the setup where as in other kexts just 1? Anyways I put in:

pci144F,7128

pci168c,001c

got no airport icon and its still not showing in Networking etc

Has ANYONE got their AR5007EG working and if so what did you do?