Appletv and osx86: Can't Connect

williedigital

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience using a combo of apple tv and osx86? On my hacked box, the apple tv wont show up in itunes. It's 10.4.9 uphuck, connected over wired ethernet to airport extreme. kernel 8.9.1. The "real" macs on the network (both wired and wifi) manage to see the apple tv fine. Everything else in itunes seems to work perfectly... Really frustrated. Have tried restarting and plugging everytihing in again multiple times...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found a fix and thought I would post it. I can not take credit for it, Colonel described this fix for itunes not letting you authorize music, it works for this problem too.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry437871

"I had this problem after installing Forcedeth.kext for ethernet. I had to go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up NetworkInterfaces.plist. Change it so that your ethernet is en0 and your airport wireless is en1. Save it and reboot. See if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn't work, just delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. After you reboot, go to the Network pane in System Preferences and it will say it found a new network interface. Click apply and wait a few seconds. You should be good to go. "

This works like a charm.

• 2 months later...