.::FIXED::. Marvel Yukon II (88E8036) Working

bidomo

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Before anything, I've compiled this info from another threads, so if Spamming or not allowed, please let me know

before admins take another actions.

There's a way to load the AppleYukon.kext driver for your card as long as it's supported by the kext...

I'm thinking you have Dual boot and a way to get into XP (recommended) and OS X

Boot Windows

Find the Device and Vendor for your card in Windows (there's a way do it using Linux live CDs but I'm going the easy way)

For this you'll need to get into Device Manager (WinKey + Break And go to hardware to find it)

Search for your network card and get the properties, navigate to Details

You'll find this:

PCI\VEN_11AB\DEV_43XX& bla bla bla being XX the exact model of your card, check if the device and vendor differs from what is shown here and write'em down in paper, you're gonna need this.

ReBoot but to OS X

You Will need to edit the Info.plist for this driver

Open a terminal from utilities

backup you're original kext

type

sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon.kext Somewhere_else

then this to modify desired file

sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist (give password to get permission to write)

(you can open it through the Finder but you'll have to open each kext by right clicking and selecting show package contents)

You will search for this line (search command ^w and search for IOPCIPrimary and don't forget OS X is CASE SENSITIVE)

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x436211AB</string>

change <string>0x436211AB</string> for the exact model of your card (generally you'll have to edit only this)

if your card differs and you're sure is a Yukon II edit the line qith the exact device and vendor like this

0xCard_modelVendor being Card_Model 4 characters and Vendor 4 characters too.

Save (^O) and quit (^X or Control + X in Winkeyboards)

You're gonna copy the whole kext to /System/Library/Extensions with

sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon.kext /System/Library/Extensions

Overwrite if there was already a copy

Do this as well to allow loading of kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleYukon.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleYukon.kext

you're gonna delete some files by typing:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

We're almost done, now this

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

With this done you'll only need to load the kext with

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleYukon.kext

If says is loaded Ok, you're ready to go, just edit you're network preferences (DHCP or manual, etc), your NIC should start working like normal...

if you did this the right way, you don't even need to restart to use your network, should work from now on.

Apologize to all other contributors with the same purpose of helping with this kind of NICs, I'm using some of your info

Don't forget to lear how to use TAB in the Console (Terminal), you'll be faster at typing with this

If there's some mistake, edit if possible or let me know

Hi,

I have the same problem I can't make my lan (Yukon 88E8036) and audio work.

I am using...

Jas oSx 10.4.8 AMD-INTEL sse2-sse3 with PPF1 & PPF2 and the 10.4.9 Combo update.

My new mobo is a:

GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965

What is the trick you mention that worked on your Yukon 88E8036.

Thanks

xmarcelo

• 11 months later...

Hey there,

Thanks for the guide.

I'm having a small hangup with using pico in your guide.

After acesssing the Info.plist file (after logging in to terminal and accessing sudo), i run the commands you listed.

After editing the file, I attempt to save it, but it gives a permission denied error.

Now, I have a blank password, and always use that to log in through sudo, and it has worked in other areas, but for some reason, not allowing me to edit this file. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to eliminate the error?

Thank you very much,

Azeral

Thread is a year old.

Copy the plist to your desktop and change it there. Then drag it back to its original location.

Where he says

you're gonna delete some files by typing:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

... that's obsolete. All you have to do is "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions".

• 7 months later...

hi I have installed Leopard 10.5.2 and the only thing you should change to make Marvel Yukon (88e8036) work is: (Dev ID: 4351, Vendor ID: 11AB)

Just edit the file:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change just the 88e8053 section on this file

88e8053 change to 88e8036

AND

436211ab change to 435111ab

save the file copy it to

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleYukon2.kext

and that's it

Enjoy your new NIC on Mac Os

• 2 years later...
hi I have installed Leopard 10.5.2 and the only thing you should change to make Marvel Yukon (88e8036) work is: (Dev ID: 4351, Vendor ID: 11AB)

Just edit the file:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change just the 88e8053 section on this file

88e8053 change to 88e8036

AND

436211ab change to 435111ab

save the file copy it to

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleYukon2.kext

and that's it

Enjoy your new NIC on Mac Os

IT WORKS 100% . THANKS A LOT TO "Luis Daniel G. Ruiz" YOU ARE THE BEST"""

I'M USING SONY VAIO VGN-FZ21M

• 2 years later...