Macbook Pro with NVIDIA graphics...

16 posts in this topic

When will there be a Macbook Pro with a good GPU, such as the nvidia 7 or 8 mobile series?

Also, will there be macbook pro's with 4gb of RAM once leopard is available? (thanks to 64-bit)?

Just curious as I'd like to pick on up next spring/summer (2008) most likely.

• 2 weeks later...

me too, i just graduated nd got an ass load of money, so maybe i will sell mine and get one of those 2marrow. how much will i be able to get for a 2.33 ghz 15"er?

Nothing wrong with the ones we got now, but as always we always want the latest.. Not a huge leap in CPU performance. Dont know how the 8600 compares to the X1600. Look forward to seeing some benchmarks.

I read on the Apple Forums from someone that had a Standard Core 2 Duo Base model MBP and had just got a new one that he could not tell the difference in general use.. Only need to upgrade if you a Serous Gamer / Video Production user I would say.. although this has not stopped me Wanting one, the 5 Hour Battery life sounds nice. Even though I could get that with my 2 Batteries. Hehe.

Can anyone confirm if these use Led Displays.?

5 hour battery life! hell yeah, i am deffinately getting one now, my battery goes for like 2 hours with the scren on it's darkest viewable setting

Then I guess your battery lost its magic touch. My MBP nicely does around 4 hours while just surfing around on the web with low settings and {censored}. And I dont think the glossy display makes a 2 hour difference :D (Noticing our signatures thats the only difference between our MBPs).

EDIT: By the way itmandan, I believe our MBPs were also supposed to have something like 4.5-5 hours battery life.

i am curious if dropping your mbp in a bathtub would constitute replacement and an upgrade to the latest model through applecare. I might try to milk the overheating problem instead :thumbsup_anim:

i actually am wondering how i can "destroy" my mbp in a way that the warenty covers it, so it can be replaced. refrigerator magnets work wonders (learned that the hard way)

5 hour battery life! hell yeah, i am deffinately getting one now, my battery goes for like 2 hours with the scren on it's darkest viewable setting
I don't know why yours does that but of course the mentioned battery life on the new ones are only under ultimate conditions, it's not like you will see that irl anytime.

i actually am wondering how i can "destroy" my mbp in a way that the warenty covers it, so it can be replaced. refrigerator magnets work wonders (learned that the hard way)
I hate people like you.

well 5hrs battery, i dont believe that. i got the 15" 2.4g c2d since tuesday and on fiddling around with photoshop and watching a movie in the background, i didnt get 3hrs of battery time. i'd say more like 2 3/4 hrs. so this wasn't full load, but rather more like 20-40% load for most of the time. still i didn't find it to be that much. but then again i don't really care. the battery, to me, is only there for emergencies. right now the battery display tells me it's at 100% unplugged it now. see how long it lasts.

100% @ 22:33pm now

50% @ 00:11, surfing / downloading only, nothing else really

6% @ 01:22, see above, "you're running on reserve" warning just came up

0% @ 01:31, went into sleep mode on its own.

during all this screen brightness was around 5 to 6 bars from the left, keyboard backlight is always off (don't need it anyway)