Security Update 2007-005 Universal v1.0

KPavel

53 posts in this topic

It seems to be safe to install latest SecurityUpdate 2007-005, I just did it and after 2 reboots it works fine.

My installation is as follows:

JaS 10.4.8 SSE2 + Koolkal's combo update to 10.4.9 SSE3 and latest Koolkal's SSE2 kernel.

Hardware:

LG LW20 X-Note, 2Gb RAM, Pentium-M 1.73GHz (SSE2)

not possible plebmac. show proof. Its a big update, i'll start patching soon (stupid 64kbps internet :star_smile: )

ok, pretty much most of it is done, just loginwindow left

EDIT: Done, all files with cpuid checks have been "pacthed" (you need maxxuss' patcher you know, ./patcher amd_xxxx.xxx.txt)

Mod Edit: Don't download this patch - it won't work for AMD systems. There is one available on page 2.

amd_2007_005.zip

Edited by Sabr
Faulty Patch

installed on a Pentium D 805 system with no issues. I saw other people said it rebooted automatically and then loaded, so I ran it -v the first time. Looks like the reboot is required because some files were written to the HDD during the first boot that required another boot to load right.

I get this when trying to patch on AMD 1 0.4.9 system:

Patching file: /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow
File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x2dc27 (fileoffs 0x2cc43)!
0 of 3 patches applied

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x92afc931 (fileoffs 0x4429)!
0 of 93 patches applied

Patching file: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
File does not contain the reference bytes at vmaddr 0x903a69da (fileoffs 0x2f35)!
0 of 11 patches applied

Statistics:
0 of 3 visited files were successfully patched.
0 of 107 found patches were successfully applied.

not possible plebmac. show proof. Its a big update, i'll start patching soon (stupid 64kbps internet :( )

ok, pretty much most of it is done, just loginwindow left

EDIT: Done, all files with cpuid checks have been "pacthed" (you need maxxuss' patcher you know, ./patcher amd_xxxx.xxx.txt)

Hi, Kiko.. could you tell me where I can find the maxxuss patcher? Thanks in advance. :(

bah, weird as hell. I dont have a amd to test it on. But good work in getting the start addr. i forgot all about them (except for loginwindow).

Well,I made a little app to automatically find cpuids and write patchfiles, so that makes it quite easy :P