Kernel Panics in 8F1111

maxxuss

69 posts in this topic

ive had some mixed results with 8F1111

i used vmware and mounted the hdd physically used my patched iso mounted via daemon tools that was then mounted in vmware as the physical dvd drive.

install went like a breeze no errors everything was fine, booted into the desktop fine(in vmware). restarted try to boot native and it hung (picture below).

before i go into detail, my specs are:

msi 865pe neo2 (s?) platnum edition

prescott 2.8 @ 3.62ghz - NO HT - SSE3 (no PAE (or NX) as far as i know, although apple rekons the cpu has PAE...strange)

ati radeon 9600 PRO

okay now, native boot first try no luck..safe mode, booted fine!

(did verbose to try catch the error..was slightly different to the one this thread is about)

then, got this fixed kernel.. safe mode = fine

normal boot - hangs where the previous one hung

i found CPUID feature in my bios and enabled it...tryed to boot other (orininal sse3 patched) kernal i now got the error described in this thread..ok then try to boot using mach_kernal.cpuid and i got the kernal panic below (which is what i was getting all along).

here is what my panic looks like:

dsc012348zh.jpg

Edited by damnet

i found CPUID feature in my bios and enabled it...

Try now all the kernels with CPUID disabled and Legacy USB and audio enabled.

Actually the fact that you boot np in safe mode shows that the main problem is in incompatible kexts IMHO...

Maybe try some kexts ppl compiled and posted downhere around or here: http://win2osx.net/forum/ in conjunction with this: http://www.win2osx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1911

Edited by Sudar

Anyone Got an idea why im gettin waitin for root device..?

okay another wierd issue..

we are sittin at the Darwin boot prompt, i type:

mach_kernal.orig

mach_kernal.nonx

mach_kernal.cpuid

no matter what i type once i hit enter it just removed what i typed from the line and dosn't do anything?? :o

Sticks on the Apple Grey Screen now, did -v to catch any errors.. and i get waiting for remoter debugger.?

original kernel boots

3b and 3c dont boot and cause kernel panic.. ?

my cpu has SSE3 and XD its a A64 X2

I SO BADLY WANT TO TRY THIS ONE.. :) FIFTH DVD NOW.....

I ADDED IOATA TO Extensions.. ? was this really needed..?

lol, looks like win2osx down again.. damn , think i got the ppf patcher earlier is it. 1111Patches ppf patcher.?

K starting from the begining again now from .dmg

1. Convert 8f111 to .iso using Disk Util in OSX

2. Copy from mac hd to Windows hd drive using macdrive 6

3. Use 1111PPf Patcher

4. Burn .Iso in windows Using Burn Image in Nero

5. Boot And Pray....

Ill Let you know how i get on..

I did some crude tests using xbench with 3b and 3c kernels using f=x switches. I found that using 3b and fn=3 was the fastest in all the tests. fn=2 would panic and fn=4 would yield approximatly the same results as either kernel with fn=1 switch.

mach_kernel.test3b

fn=1: 54.07

fn=3: 56.03

mach_kernel.test3c

fn=1: 49.31

fn=3: 50.68

Problem:

- no USB support (might be a kext thing)

- System Preferences crashed while configuring the network

- Crash reporter crashes when reporting System Preferences crash

- Sound fades in and out on both 3b and 3c kernels

inspiron 5100 p4 +sse2 +pae -sse3 jas ppf + test3b, same sound and usb issues.

sound errors in dmesg:

OAudioStream[0x1c8b100]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (0,4054)->(1,4254).

IOAudioStream[0x1c8b100]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (1,4054)

(79)tfp: failed on 0

IOAudioStream[0x1c8b100]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (0,41a8)->(1,424e).

IOAudioStream[0x1c8b100]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (1,41a8)

I added the oah&d files to an hdiutil mounte image and then "dismounted" before burning with the hdiutil too. The unmount process made me waste 3 dvds.

I installed (actually upgraded) 8f1111 on top of 1099 and everything was fine (i guess my systems has all the features but the TPM) but got a non working itunes (error -50) after the license screen.

I then tried to make a fresh installation on an external usb device. Everything was fine. No errors. But got the same result: no itunes (error -50).

None has reported this. All of you have a working itunes out of 8f1111? Any ideas on what may happen? Have done anything wrong?

OK, finally got her up and runnnig and shes running alot faster than 10.4.1 for me....

Had to insert some diff kernels on the DVD and try em all... test3b and 3c work for me all

Sound Works Out the Box now for me..

and i can change res via com.appleboot.plist and am happy at 1280x1024

still no ati kext loaded , so no quart for me.. :D

has atiradeon.kext in there added my device and vendor id, still no luck... i remember i had an atikext that loaded in 10.4.1 + userland but had no Quartz wonder if i can find it and if itll work with quartz on here... only one way to find out.

okay i have mine booting native now. :D

the problem was with the serial ports, when i took a closer look at the panic error i noticed it was right after it detected the serial ports. so i disabled them in the BIOS now it boots fine (im just using the standard sse3 kernal by maxxuss and none of that CPUID stuff is enabled in the BOIS nor USB legacy, etc as it all works fine)

only thing i need is the AC97 kext and everything is fine..besides the usual problems others are having with ATI's (the little boxes when you scroll, when watching an avi in VLC its green and purple :? and reports my card as PCI insted of AGP)

just tryd again and got this...? im stumped, i feel like givin up.. but i wont , till this suckers workin.

Deejayz-DSC00195.JPG

Ok, so I have 1099 installed, and I decided to try and install the 1111 I have.... every attempt fails!

I have almost the exact kernel panic as you have. I tried both Maxxuss patches (nonx and sse2), I've tried replacing the Extensions.kext with Maxxuss one, I've tried the JaS PPF patch, I've tried it all!

Now I'm stumped! As you can see, I have an Intel 915GAVL, and my CPU supports SSE3, so it just doesn't make sense! I read below and someone suggested disabling the Serial ports, however, mine were already disabled (Parallel, too). I even tried setting USB 2.0 to 1.1, which is what held me up with 1099...

The only thing I didn't do was the Maxxuss bootpatcher, but I shouldn't need it. I tried doing that, too, to see if it would make a difference, but it won't apply it on my Mac OS X system:

[stryder-G4:x86/10.4.3/8f1111] stryder% java -jar bootpatcher_8f1111.zip 10.4.3_hacked.cdr

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: maxxuss/BootPatcher (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

Still now success, not nativ and not in VMware.

But I am sure now. If you have a CPU-Flag ACPI the thing won't boot (all kernels 8f1099-8f1111).

I get a "Unable to find driver for Platform: "ACPI"

I can mask the cpu in the bios - than I get a 0x0019BE02 error. Is there a possibility to mask the cpuid in vmware ?

Can anyone confirm this results ?

I have P4 LGA 3Ghz (1 MB Cache) and a i915G chipset, with TPM

So in my case it seems that they found a effective way to lock down a near dev machine.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to run the bootpatcher in Mac OS X you need to run this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/java -jar bootpatcher_8f1111.zip your file.iso

Apparently Mac OS X defaults Java to version 1.4.2 and thus when running the java command you are running version 1.4.2. Maxxuss' bootpatcher_8f1111.zip requires Java 5.0 (1.5.0).

Hope that helps =).

Edited by varicella

Hello,

I have a kernel panic when i reboot after the full installation.

panic : 0x0019C604

This installation is base on Vmware 5.0.

I use the 8F1111 with the patch of JAS 1111N

My configuration hardware is :

P4C800

P4C 2.8ghz

1Go ram

On SATA disk

Thanks for help

P.S : sorry for my bad speaking, i'm french

Good job all