Rosewill Tool-less case

550Watt SLI Certified Power Supply

120MM fan for intake

120MM fan for exhaust

80MM side panel intake fan

Lightscribe SATA DVD+/-RW burner

250GB 7200RPM 16MB cache SATA HDD

200GB 7200RPM 8MB cache SATA HDD

~800 Euro / 1000 Dollars but maybe it`s a problem that the cpu is overclocked. You won`t be able to get a good price for a overclocked cpu.

I disagree, an overclocker will love having a CPU that he knows is overclockable. And is a person who is afraid of overclocking really going to buy a system like this?

adowo is partially right in my opinion. when I'm ebaying for processors one of the big things I check is whether the thing has been overclocked. I know what processors can be overclocked accurately from various sources online but I don't know the skill of the original owner. Did he turn up the voltage too high without sufficient cooling, etc? I prefer to know my CPUs have been owned by a little old lady who didn't know what she had and only used the system for email her grandkids. That's obviously not the case here but I wouldn't take anything away from this rig as it seems like a good setup and is stable, tried and true. If you are looking at selling it in the marketplace I would suggest you add OSX86 compatibility for this setup as that will be a big question.

Also someone who is afraid of overclocking might buy this rig just because it's already overclocked and stable...they wouldn't have to worry about their own incompetence setting it up wrong.

NEVER advertise a system is overclocked when trying to sell it. You can say the system is able to overclock, but dont say its already overclocked. People want to buy stuff as close to new as possible, it doesnt make sense to buy a processor that was already overclocked over a processor that was never overclocked (assuming they are the exact same model, 99% of processors overclock relatively the same amount).

the core 2 duo chips are known for their excellent ability to overclock and for their stability and relatively cool temps they keep when overclocking. This CPU has been overclocked by bumping up the FSB because the multiplier is locked. I got this one mainly because I like to run virtual machines and the 4mb cache was the way to go.

As far as osx compatibility goes it works in vmware and the speed is usable but not fantastic. Sound works in the vm but ethernet does not and of course CI and QE don't either.

I originally had the system watercooled but did not overclock when it was watercooled for god knows why (I guess I was worried about doing it considering all the hardware was so nice and new).

I have been building PCs for years now and I thoroughly research every part I use and every user post I can find before I start overclocking any system.

The motherboard did not come with a cooler on the southbridge so I made sure I got one for it before I did anything. I also upgraded the northbridge cooler but found that I got better temps after lapping the factory heatsink.

I have been tempted to buy a better cpu heatsink and fan and lap the processor integrated heatsink along with lapping the new cpu cooler. I have found temps drop from 4-8* C with proper lapping.

My overclock is extremely conservative considering what that chip can overclock to. The temps with the overclock are only 1-2*C over what the temps where with stock speed.

you built this thing and you seriously don't know how much it's worth? This computer is worth well over $1000 american. The graphics card alone probably cost $400 new. If you want to sell it, find some chum with loaded parents and sell it to him for $50~$100 more than you bought/put it together for and both of you will walk away with a good deal. think of it this way, you could save someone from buying a Dell XP.o.S.

yes I did build this system. I was acting slightly uninformed about this trying to see what I could sell it for. The only time I make complete use of the CPU power is when I am running VMs. I bought everything from NewEgg and it totaled out to a little over $1,500. Far cheaper than any similar equipped OEM computer. It may be getting watercooling again here shortly. I just lapped the CPU integrated heatsink. I could not believe how concave that thing was. After 2 hours of lapping I got a smooth and flat (not polish finish) surface and the CPU temps have dropped 2-3*C. Lapping the heatsink would most likely yield maybe another 1-3*C drop. The finish I used would probably benefit the most from Arctic Silver V but I had ran out of it from building another system.

I also installed a new NB heatsink with active cooling and lapped it also. Surprisingly enough the NB heatsink really didn't need lapping. Temps on the NB before were from 49-53*C idle to load and now they are about 45*C idle and 48-49*C under full load. I use Everest to monitor temps, and for loading the system for stability and temp monitoring.

I've lapped a few heatsinks in my time. i can't realy say wether or not it helped with the temps since i was OCing and fiddling withthe cooling solution every couple of days it seems. I do like that nice shiny mirror finish you get afterwards though.

• 2 weeks later...