Sigmatel 9271 (STAC9271) driver

LordSte

35 posts in this topic

Ok, so after several hours of playing with appledha.kext I have working headphones, but still no speakers. I also don't have any form of volume control on the system. I am uploading a copy of the addlehda.kext as it is currently on my system, as well as a copy of the linux dump from Fedora 10 that I did earlier today that helped get me this far. If anyone could help me fix this I would really be thankful. Thanks again for all the help in advance.

dump.txt

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a multichannel audio driver for STAC9271D with pinconfig for Intel DP35DP. All inputs and outputs (except digital out, cause it useless for me) are working: 3 rear stereo speaker outputs (green, orange and black), front headfones, rear and front microphones, rear line input. Don't forget to remove previous HDAEnabler.kext or change layout-id to 1 if you use DSDT HDA hack. This driver worked fine for me last couple of months and now I decided to share it with others.

Pin-Config issue: I've calculated pinconfig twice: from linux dump and from vista registry. Both times it was the same, but still it shows wrong info in system profiler, though without lack of functionality. If anybody have some thoughts about it, tell me if I wrong.

P.S. if you want to use mutichannel audio (like 5.1) just follow this instruction from apple to create aggregate audio. It works fine!

STAC9271D_by_caine.zip

• 3 weeks later...

is there any other solution for this Audio, because i have try several methods and always i get the audio to work my MAC OS X stop shutting down correctly, if i remove any audio driver shutdown works perfectly again

is there any other solution for this Audio, because i have try several methods and always i get the audio to work my MAC OS X stop shutting down correctly, if i remove any audio driver shutdown works perfectly again

What motherboard and what system do you have?

I have

Motherboard Intel DP35DP Bios - DPP351OJ-86A-0407-2008-0218-0923

Leopard 10.5.5 no DSDT

Nvidia 7800 gt

edit : i just see your signature and you have 0326 let me downgrade and test

I have the same config (excluding bios and video) and all works fine. Possible source of your problems (as I can imagine) is an additional kexts you've added to your system or an interrupt controller conflict.

I don't know what kexts you've added, but in case of APIC problem in any case just remove "APIC" device from your dsdt as I described here. I can recommend this dsdt trick to all owners of intel mb's.

I hope it helps you.

_caine i suspect also some acpi problems

is there a chance you can send me your dsdt we have same mb so it should work

thanks i am still testing

i have no dsdt installed and i update to 10.5.6 without problems

I found the problem

RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext that i use for my Linksys Compact Wireless-G Usb Adapter was the one making the computer dont shutodown properly

i found the latest version and now is working perfect

• 8 months later...