Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

new poster and new to the forum. built lifehacker build could get Dynex DX-BGDTC (PCI) to work with snow leopard. installed broadcom 4300 series kext. still now luck. moved card to different slot. not sure what did it (either slot change or kext) but works amazingly now. thank you for all the help. hope this helps somebody else out on 10.6 :(

Hi guys , now I make my BCM4312 (ID :4315) working in the snow leopard 10.6.4 by using native kext.

With many people help , it perform so nice .

I give so tips about what I do .Here we go , maybe this not work for you .

First, use the pci tool get some information:(you can get it in the Kexts.com).It like this :

post-459659-1280468127_thumb.png

I have two ethernets ,BCM5906 is not working due to the driver.Other is Bcm 4312,but actually it shows like this with pci tool .

04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4310 USB Controller [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

So, when I add 4315 in the System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist ,and repairPermissions,it get work well .But I see some people modify dsdt get it work as real Airport Card .Then let`s start.

Second, use IOregistryExplorer to get wireless card location .Like :

post-459659-1280468861_thumb.png

When we get

WLD1

,and use this search in the dsdt .After search we get two place ,and we only need use this ,like:

Scope (^^RP02)
				{
					Device (WLD1)
					{
						Name (_ADR, Zero)
						OperationRegion (WLAN, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x08)
						Field (WLAN, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
						{
							WLID,   8
						}

Great, if you get such information.so .keep going,add this code under above mentioned:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
					 {
					  Store (Package (0x0C)
						{
							"device-id", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x12, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"subsystem-id", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"name", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"pci14e4,4312"
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"Airport"
							}, 

"model", 
							Buffer (0x11)
							{
								"Broadcom BCM4312"
							}, 

"built-in", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x00
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

All the code is like this :

Scope (^^RP02)
				{
					Device (WLD1)
					{
						Name (_ADR, Zero)
						OperationRegion (WLAN, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x08)
						Field (WLAN, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
						{
							WLID,   8
						}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
					 {
					  Store (Package (0x0C)
						{
							"device-id", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x12, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"subsystem-id", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"name", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"pci14e4,4312"
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"Airport"
							}, 

"model", 
							Buffer (0x11)
							{
								"Broadcom BCM4312"
							}, 

"built-in", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x00
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
		 }

Last , we need other thing to do ,use

0x001C0000

search in the dsdt ,and get Device (RP01) ,add

Name (_SUN, One)

under it .Also you can do this in the Device (RP01) to Device (RP06) (there are six Device (RP0x)in my dsdt) .So , when you have finish all of work ,you can delete 4315 or other value from Info.plist and enjoy you effort .

Regard:

post-459659-1280469748_thumb.png

post-459659-1280469769_thumb.png

Help please!

I have a DELL 1735 with a broadcom 4322 wifi nic. I tried the patch/script but it did not work. I am very new to Macs having just purchased an iMac and wanted to convert my Windose laptop to a Mac. So detailed instructions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Hugs

Belinda

hello guys...i`ve tried this enabler on my acer aspire 5741g, using Kalyway 10.5.2..after enabling and rebooting, my wifi card wasn't identified. I think it is because it's Device ID is not listed in the script(BCM4357) - a WiFi N card. So I tried to add the dev id and executed it, but after this my osx got frozen and after rebooting it freezes at the apple logo...please help me enable my WiFi adapter..and how to boot if it freezes at Apple Logo. Thx in advance

please the ethernet and wireless aren't working...other than that it's perfect....

Lenovo G410

pentium dual core T2390 @1.86,

Lenovo motherboard IHL00,

Hyundai Electronics 2*1024MB 627 mhz

NVIDIA 8400M G

BCM4312

PLZ HELP!!

• 3 weeks later...

I received my dell 1397 suppoed to have BCM4312 but the system information says 4315 so i added this ID to the network kext, after reboot i have the airport icon but Dell 1397's not detected...

I also repaired autorisations then reboot, but still same. Same with -f boot. I used some wireless usb lan adapter before, with Ralink chipset. Can it be the reason why it doesn't work? I don't think so...

But some strange thing happened : The USB wireless lan was mentionned as airport in network prefpane... And when i plug the USB lan adapter, it appeared as a new entry... So i deleted the old entry viewed as Airport.

Then logically, the airport icon changed to "empty". Then i did reboot and the Airport icon showed up again as "normal" with not "configured" but when i go to network prefpane, no card is recognized as Airport, and nothing new... Help!! :angel:

EDIT: I FIXED IT ALREADY WITH THIS TOPIC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51725 :D

I JUST CREATED A NEW AIRPORT ENTRY IN NETWORK PREFPANE AND THAT WAS JUST SO SIMPLE! :D

JUST 3 LIL THINGS : The speed is slower than usual (perfect signal) so i wonder if i have to set something?

Second thing is that in the airport utility, nothing's detected. Why is that so? Need some updates or..?

Third thing is about those updates : Can i update the airport utility-client without risking anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for patches and infos. :censored2:

screenshotdz.th.png

screen2hf.th.png

Broadcom BCM94322 4322 PCI-E ( 14e4:432b ) , works perfectly still now @ HP DV5 1130ev .

Used the patch, add the ID and just boot on Windows for make active the Wifi. (from wifi button)

Then back on OSX, without using a modified hacked bios card shows to be OK.

Can connect, find networks etc.

The only problem is that in MacOSX (SL), the wifi Button is still red although is turned on. Also i cant disable wifi from this button. No response. (On=blue and off=red @ windows)

I need some help here, I have a Compaq mini cq10 120la, I can get the wifi to work, In hardware info of the iAtkos s3 cd, it tells me that I have a broadcom 4312, but when I open DPCI manager I tells me that it is Broadcom 4310 usb controller, I have tried this enabler and rebooted but nothing happens, absolutely nothing, I tried to search for information in IOregistry explorer, but nothing at all.

I dont know if helps knowing that the wifi led wont turn on, please any help will be very appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Acer user here with a 4741g laptop trying to get the Broadcom 34225 working (14e4:4357). Was hoping it was close enough to the 34224 kext that comes with OS X, but adding the id in didn't seem to do anything for me.

If anyone has any ideas as so what could be done it'd be much appreciated ;)

Any one with a solution for Broadcom 14e4:4727?

Ed

Sorry, i think the 4727 will not work ... I can`t fix this card, and noone in the www can help, tried everything ... nothing.

Now I try a Whitelist Bios hack but my Biosflaher knows that the mod bios is a mod.

The scripts doesn`t work with 4727....

Sorry, i think the 4727 will not work ... I can`t fix this card, and noone in the www can help, tried everything ... nothing.

Now I try a Whitelist Bios hack but my Biosflaher knows that the mod bios is a mod.

The scripts doesn`t work with 4727....

Thanks for your effort! It is a from a new Acer Aspire D260. I've have SL running. the only not working is Wifi and graphics (Intel GMA 3150) Main resolution is fine but no hardware acceleration.

Ed

Hello everyone ... I installed iDeneb 1.6 and my wifi card, Broadcom BCM4318, is recognized and works fine. But it often happens that the operating system crashes and only move if the touch pad is restarted, I noticed that if I disable the airport there are no blocks! crashes the system completely ... even the clock does not go ahead with the time! What can I do? any advice??

Total Epic Fail with my Broadcom half-size mini PCI-E card BCM4322. I'm running vanilla 10.5.8 and applied sh from 1st page. I can see Airport logo in menu bar but system says "No AirPortcard is installed"

By the way in System Profile under Airport shows nothing..But indicator is blue on netbook showing that Wi-fi is on.

Up: Thanks to tea the issue was solved! I applied vanilla IO80211.kext and re-isntall AttansicsL1eEthernet.kext. Also, remove all old files (old IO kext and Broadcom43xx.kext if you have it). Then delete Extensions.mkext and repair permissions.

IO80211Family.kext.zip