Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

hi miglo, can you post the steps you did to make it work on lenovo s10? thanks in advance ;)

***EDIT***

I was able to make it work with my S10 with a default installation of msiwindosx86.iso. However, it broke the sleep function, whether through closing the lid or manually selecting sleep :)

Hello

I have a dell m1330 laptop with the dell 1390 wireless card installed. The card was installed post leopard installation so i have to install it manually. I downloaded the 43xx file installed it like it said everything was sucessful, i restarted and i see the airport icon but when i click on it i have one option...to turn on airport. I click it and it does nothing. Same thing when you go into network manager. I click turn on airport and it does nothing.. Whats wrong? Thanks

I tried using a PCI Netgear WN311B in a standard Mac G5 dual 2.3 GHz with Leopard 10.5.5 unmodified and it wouldn't work. I tried adding the VID & DID to the 802.11 kext .plist and that didn't help either. Finally I used the bcm43xx_enabler_0.5.1pre.sh.zip and it WORKED 1st time! Hurray!

Here is the specifics of my card:

Type: Other Network Controller

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: SLOT-4

Vendor ID: 0x14e4

Device ID: 0x4329

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1385

Subsystem ID: 0x7d00

Revision ID: 0x0001

The chipset is a BCM4321

Network Utility shows a/b/g/n enabled. Connection is good to an Apple Time Capsule 802.11n router.

mmhh, a bit of help..Igot the 4321 broadcom.Filled in a wind and immediately recongised as airport but with third something in system profiler, then my question is : if I used the script I could enable it as N later and recongised as airport extreme ?

i've got Broadcom BCM94312MCG, but i cant get it to work (but another member wrote he could get his one working with this installer).

any suggestions or a simple step-by-step what i have to to? my network panel is empty, so i cant even get the airport updates (coz i dont have a ethernet interface)?

Hy to all of you! I have a broadcom 4328 14e4:4328 , in a fujitsu siemens amilo pi1505, this card on another acer laptop with leo the wifi card works flawlessly in the siemens it gets recognized and appears the airport icon but I am not able to turn the card, in the airport icon says "No airport card installed, the laptop has a fisical On/Off button, it´s in the on position of course he he:) ), hope you all can help me! Thank you in advanced;)

Ps: both laptops have the same kalliway´s 10.5.2 S.O...

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down a working method to get my HP 530 wireless up and running. It's a Broadcom 4312 - at least, that's what PC Utils tells me it is - but the actual hardware id is 4315.

The HP has a hardware button just beneath the screen that lights up blue when the wifi is powered up; it illuminates fine in Windows XP dual-boot but as soon as I reboot into OS X (10.5.2 Kalyway) it goes off, and stays off. There's nothing in OS X's system profiler or network preferences to indicate that the Broadcom exists at all.

Has anyone got the Broadcom in an HP 530 working? I'm intrigued to see if it's possible; this machine cost only £250 with 2Gb of RAM a couple of months ago, so I'm frankly amazed that Leopard installs on it at all (1.6Ghz celeron CPU). But it does, and it seems rapid enough for general use. All I need to do is get power management, Intel GMA gfx drivers and this Broadcom issue sorted and I'll be laughing!

Any suggestions gratefully received. I have tried the enabler, by the way, but all it's done is give me an error about the kext not being installed properly every time I boot up into OS X.

Discy

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down a working method to get my HP 530 wireless up and running. It's a Broadcom 4312 - at least, that's what PC Utils tells me it is - but the actual hardware id is 4315.

The HP has a hardware button just beneath the screen that lights up blue when the wifi is powered up; it illuminates fine in Windows XP dual-boot but as soon as I reboot into OS X (10.5.2 Kalyway) it goes off, and stays off. There's nothing in OS X's system profiler or network preferences to indicate that the Broadcom exists at all.

Has anyone got the Broadcom in an HP 530 working? I'm intrigued to see if it's possible; this machine cost only £250 with 2Gb of RAM a couple of months ago, so I'm frankly amazed that Leopard installs on it at all (1.6Ghz celeron CPU). But it does, and it seems rapid enough for general use. All I need to do is get power management, Intel GMA gfx drivers and this Broadcom issue sorted and I'll be laughing!

Any suggestions gratefully received. I have tried the enabler, by the way, but all it's done is give me an error about the kext not being installed properly every time I boot up into OS X.

Discy

yes it works :P you have to enable it in the network options and use the bcm43xx_enabler_0.5.1pre.sh.zip

LastExile,

Thanks for that. I'm still relatively new to the system set-up side of OS X; can you recall enough of the process to give me an idiots' guide on 'enabling it in the network options' etc? In addition, I see you have the exact same machine as me; what drivers are you using for graphics?

Sorry for the trouble, but I've done some serious searching on this already and only come up with scraps of info applicable to the 530, so if you can help here then I'm sure other HP users will find it useful too.

Kind regards,

Discy

LastExile,

Thanks for that. I'm still relatively new to the system set-up side of OS X; can you recall enough of the process to give me an idiots' guide on 'enabling it in the network options' etc? In addition, I see you have the exact same machine as me; what drivers are you using for graphics?

Sorry for the trouble, but I've done some serious searching on this already and only come up with scraps of info applicable to the 530, so if you can help here then I'm sure other HP users will find it useful too.

Kind regards,

Discy

Check PM

Update: fixed :)

my computer is Dell inspiron 1525,the wireless card is BCM4315, i have make it work one time in iDeneb_v1_10.5.4 by bcm43xx_enabler.sh,but this version system don't recognize the DVD driver.After i update it to iDeneb_v1.1_10.5.4, the wireless card don't work even i use bcm43xx_enabler.sh.

who can help me? please email me:313975150@qq.com, thanks very much.

Hello!

First a bit about my install:

So far its been IDeneb for all of these tests, as it has seemed most logical for a starting point on a Dell Studio 17 (reccomended by others) but currently I am installing kalyway 10.5.2 and choosing the "broadcom (not tested)" option and hoping for the best as I type this.  I've had no luck getting osx to reccognize my wireless card whatsoever.  The only thing that has been able to see it within osx so far is the lscp function inside of osx86tools (it shows the id number and that its a broadcom card).

I've done the following in an attempt to get things working:

- I tried All pci fixes listed here (since its not seen by osx, I thought it would be a logical place to start troubleshooting)

- I tried the broadcom SH file listed here

- I tried modifying info list both before and after sh file use

- I tried using kext installers to install several different kexts to try and get everything up to par

- I used osx86tool to do similar kext install / mass permission resets etc

- I downloaded the 5.5 combo update and used a pkg viewer (pacifist) to extract the newer I080211 file and install it with that kext installer. * a note on that:  Suprisingly the card I have is already listed in it - where its not listed by default in the 5.5 file that came with ideneb (it's the 432b one you have listed in the patch here), so perhaps this will all go away when the next big update is applied to an osx86 distro as I think its already supposed to be supported natively - lets hope that comes sooner than later!*

- I used the laptop up to a real osx machine via firewire and using pass-through to get internet access and download airport updates

I had high hopes for the 5.5 combo update attempt, when I saw the card model listed by default in the info list I got exited... but after using the kext installer with it I could no longer access my "network" settings without my system prefs panel just locking up and me having to force quit it.

I at NO POINT have had this show up inside system profiler on any attempt - so if I'm missing some critical step - PLEASE tell me what it might be.  I've tried everything I can think of outside of hammering different distros and praying - which is what I'm doing right now.

Thanks for all your help so far, and in advance for any given to me to get past this roadblock!

Fujilives

here is the file I was referring to - that might end up helping all of us with the problem.

If you look - it says:

<string>pci106b,4e</string>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4313</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

<string>pci14e4,4319</string>

<string>pci14e4,431a</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string>

<string>pci14e4,4325</string>

<string>pci14e4,4328</string>

<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

<string>pci14e4,432c</string>

<string>pci14e4,432d</string>

In the info.plist file, with no modifications whatsoever.  Are there other dependancies I need to get t his to work fromt he update file?  (I cant straight up update with the 5.5 combo update, it makes me crash and breaks osx - perhaps therse another way to get the full benefit of the combo update - any chance someone released a rigged version of it or something I can just throw on top of ideleb's 10.5.5?)

IO80211Family.kext.zip

10.5.5 update successful, no progress on wireless in the dell studio 17 ( 1735 ) working though.

Is there some way to force this card into networkinterfaces.plist - does it use standard information there?  Do you have said standard information I can copy and paste to make OSX see it?

Why does PCI Tools inside OSX see the card, but OSX itself not?

This is my last call for help, I've spent a week getting frustrated and wearing out my DVD rom drive on this., hopefully someone comes to the rescue or I'm caving and going back to XP.  Thank you for the interesting trip anyhow, I learned a lot about osx I didn't know before this (and I own a mac pro that I do FCP editing and gfx work on profressionally)

Thanks,

Fujilives

OSX Wireless status on the dell studio 17 = Not working.

I caved and put windows xp back on and passed up on this for now - perhaps I'll try again in snow-leopard.

I'll check in here from time to time and see if anyone manages to get this working.

Fuji

Problem?

I installed iAtkos 2.0i on my Compaq Preasrio c701ea and there is no AppleAirPort... thing in the 1080211Family.kext ? I changed the .kext to a zip so i could look in the folder and there was only an autherios something in there?

Please help...?

Or locate me to a place where i can get a driver for mac for my wireless

Thanks