Any suggestions would be nice

mosh

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to help me install windows xp professional on my mac book pro. The problem that I am having is that the version of Xp that I have is on a start up disk from an old pc computer. I cannot install Xp from that disk. Previousally I bought the upgrade to Sp2 wich is on a different cd. That runs fine until it gets to the point where it starts searching for a version of windows to update. Is there any way to get a copy of XP that is not on a start up disk that would not cost too much? Or is there any other ways around this? I was looking around and saw that you can buy Xp with the Sp2 on one disk but don't really want to fork out the 200 dollars to get it again, if it is not nessecary. Any help or suggestions would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there is something you could do, you could download windows xp, on a bootable cd, and then you can use your "purchased" CD Key to activate your "Lost" Xp cd, if you know what I'm saying, and if you happened to "Lose" your cd key, you can find them pretty easy in google, but of course you have purchased it. :-)

-Ian