What is your job?

103 posts in this topic

looks like we have a few docs in the making here, :( . I'm a pre-med undergrad myself. I'm aiming for Harvard (US), Cambridge (UK), and Columbia (US) schools of medicine. @ Kernalzero - hey mate if you dont mind me asking, what was your MCAT score? :)

Not to hijack...but...

@EFI...not that you asked me, but thought I'd chime in...

I got a 27 on my MCAT. But I ended up smokin my board exams and rotations and now am starting a radiology residency in 6 weeks! woot!

Moral of the story...mcat scores don't make or predict great doctors...but still try and kick bootay...it'll make life easier..

Not to hijack...but...

@EFI...not that you asked me, but thought I'd chime in...

I got a 27 on my MCAT. But I ended up smokin my board exams and rotations and now am starting a radiology residency in 6 weeks! woot!

Moral of the story...mcat scores don't make or predict great doctors...but still try and kick bootay...it'll make life easier..

Wow Awesome. 27 on the MCAT and into med-school eh? I think your one of the extremely rare scenarios lol. Ill be taking my MCAT in a year exactly, but from what I've heard, 30+ on the MCAT, and a good GPA (3.5+), and your guaranteed in a spot in a medical school somewhere in the US. Its much, much easier getting into med schools in US than it is here in Canada. Most universities here have this 32 (albeit unmentioned) MCAT cutoff range. The dont mention this cutoff...instead say that worldwide generic "we look at the whole picture" statement...but when you check the entrance marks of past year medical students...pretty much all of them have 32 or higher. This is insane, since you can pretty much get into pretty good med schools in the US with that...but your cutting the edge here in Canada. So I'm doing my undergraduate years here, and then going to mostly apply for US med schools, as well as Canadian med schools...and one UK med school...but my priorities within them are mentioned in my last post. If you dont mind me asking, where are you doing your residency?, and where was your undergrad uni? :dev:

I work in an office doing paper work in an administration office during the day and i study at nights .

See also:

Proffesional Starcraft player and i have a minor on Farcry. :)

No really... Sound engineer in the making here ( only one year left).Also you can say im a music producer , graffiti artist , M.C . and medical weed official beta :blink: tester.

and currently Petroleum Transfer technician / Financial controller

You mean gas station manager

:)

• 2 months later...

Electrical engineer/cad operator.

No macs at my work, as you might guess.

Previously, I walked around towns and catalogued what was on their utility poles... :):blink:

And before that, I dug big holes with yellow dinosaurs... :lol::hammer::moil: