GeForce Go 7600

GremliN

42 posts in this topic

I am wondering if someone has got his GeForce Go 7600 working with QE and CI on his laptop. I haven't found an solution to enable it. I used several natits, nvidiaEFI, laptopdisplay (didn't load...)... But I can't get it working.

Instead of that, the other thing is that I've got my laptop display working on the laptop itself without external or any hacks. Any natit or what driver you name: It just gives me screen on the build in laptop display which other people have problems with. Ive added an external monitor before, but also no QE/CI there. This is a little time ago so I do not remember if I had display on my laptop as well..

If some1 has an solution or any ideas how to fix it, I would really appreciate it. I am a Mac noob, but if you need any information, ask me and give me instructiuons when I need them..

My specs:

Asus A6T Laptop (AP008B)

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-52 (working)

2GB DDR2-667 Dualchannel

nVidia nForce 410 chipset

100GB 5400rpm PATA disk

Realtek HDA ALC861 (only 2ch output)

Realtek Gbit LAN (working, using official realtek drivers :rolleyes: )

Broadcom 4318WLAN (working great with the en0->en1 guide)

Graphics part:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256MB (450/400)

G73M chip

Output: Internal display, DVI, D-SUB and S-Video out ports.

PCI-Express 16x

Details (from windows)

VEN: 10DE

DEV: 0398

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got QE/CI on my 7600 Go, but only on an external monitor! It worked with almost all drivers! You should try some! I even got rotation support with some drivers :)

But untill now , there is NO driver that got my internal LCD working properly...

only MacVidia 1.0.81 on OSX 10.4.7 recognized my card/lcd which gave me 1280x800, but no QE/CI etc ;)

If you got it working (with DiaboliK's help) than can you tell here how you did it ?! ;)

I have a HP dv9244ea laptop with NVidia Go 7600 with 265 MB of RAM. I have installed jas 10.4.8 and i have update 10.4.9.

Now i have the Titan driver and QE/CI enabled. But i'havent any output signal in VGA-OUT of laptop. Can I enable it with "Diabolik's 10.4.9 NVidia Installer"?

Sorry for my bad english.

Bye!

David Gilmour

Was away for a few weeks from the sceneand tried this but... It is the worst ive ever had: Kernel panic...

Using Mac OS X 10.4.8. So tell me if it needs the latest kernel or other modificationhs/files....

hey guys, i've got a Geforce 7600 go with 512 MB VRAM. is there any chance to get it to work?

hacking the video bios as with desktop 512 mb cards is a giant risk as you can't connect any other grafics card to restore it on a laptop.

i currently got standart graphics output without any modification on JAS 10.4.8, but the content of windows does not refresh when scrolling or moving it. that is very annoying.

thanks for you help,

Tilman

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I got a Core2duo laptop with go7600. I've tried alot of different drivers, but can't get my laptop to work with my external lcd monitor (only vga, no dvi). I get QE/CI to work with the dual v.02 driver, but both v.01 & the new "natit for 7600go only" I only get black screen after booting (after the apple logo). I installed the "7600 only" on 10.4.8, should I upgrade to 10.4.9 first ?

If anyone have a solution i'd be super-happy ;). I'm a mac-noob too.

Hey I got 7600go,

I installed DiaboliK's Natit for 7600Go, but my problem is, the Colors are not complete.

It's like when you open MSPaint, paste an Image, then save it as BMP, the gradients are not SMOOTH.

You will see curve lines on images with gradients. T_T

btw, It's QE/CI supported.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hehe

some people just have to read the news some times : http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/iNews.html

:)

-DiaboliK

I've tried all of your drivers, but none is working...

I have a Sony Vaio with geforce go 7600 128 Mb, all natit works only on a external monitor....

I'm in real pain, if you have any idea please let us know.

Cheers

I have a Sony Vaio with geforce go 7600 128 Mb, all natit works only on a external monitor....

Cheers

Me too :)

Cheers

As far as I know, not one vaio user in combination with an nvidia got his LCD working.. too bad because that's the only thing that keeps me back from using OSX...

As far as I know, not one vaio user in combination with an nvidia got his LCD working.. too bad because that's the only thing that keeps me back from using OSX...

You can still use 10.4.7 with macvidia driver, works ok for me.... but still not 100%

You can still use 10.4.7 with macvidia driver, works ok for me.... but still not 100%

Yeah, used it in the past!

But as long as I don't get QE/CI and full resolution support I won't step over to OSX!

I'm having the feeling that development on any nvidia drivers has been quit these days ... :(

Gotoh over at OSx86 forums (formerly MacVidia) is now working on a fix for most NVidia FX Go laptops. He calls it NVInjectGo.kext. I have a lot of confidence in what he's doing and he's a big contributor. I have an HP ZD7000 with a Go5600 chip that I've really wanted to get working fully. Maybe it's going to happen. Let's hope so.

Thanks pacis !

we've made some nice progress today thanks to maxoid at OSx86scene / MacVidia.

He tried different NVCAP values and now dual display on laptops which did not support it with previous NATIT/TITAN (and clones)

I believe testing different NVCAP will eventually fix the internal display problem for other laptops with NVIDA cards !

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks pacis !

we've made some nice progress today thanks to maxoid at OSx86scene / MacVidia.

He tried different NVCAP values and now dual display on laptops which did not support it with previous NATIT/TITAN (and clones)

I believe testing different NVCAP will eventually fix the internal display problem for other laptops with NVIDA cards !

We all hope so...

Good luck

• 1 month later...