run OSX in QEMU

DrJägermeister

44 posts in this topic

I can't test it before the weekend. But if you have the deadmoo image you can test Qemu0.8.1 & KQemu 1.3pre6 yourself with this binary:

Qemu_0.8.1.zip

It's the 0.8.1 sources compiled with SSE2 support. It works with the newer Kqemu 1.3 pre6 accelerator, but you have to download it yourself. The syntax has changed, start your Deadmoo image with the option -kernel-kqemu when you are using kqemu. Also you have to specify the RTL8139 NIC (there are differents NICs now) if you you want network in OSX86.

I got rid of that image a while ago, but tried with another install OS X x86 image but it crashes when the applelogo comes up as mentioned. I also tried with QEMU-manager to play around with some more options but it came out the same. But what I don't understand is how you install the KQEMU. Where does the installed files end up, or where should I but them using the manager!?

As some sort of speed-comparison I booted up the SLAX livecd as I have tried that one in Parallels (which was very impressive) Vmware Workstation 5.5 and server beta (which was/is not, speed-wise) and I must say it was slow in QEMU but the mouse was superfast, as in nativefast (?) Got me however intrested to see how it would run with the KQEMU installed.

BTW, should I supposed to be able to run the PPC version of OS X on x86 hardware with QEMU like PearPc?

@ DrJägermeister :

HAve u tried it now?

Btw i'm having the same problem here : "cannot find driver for this platform: ACPI"

Btw anyone tried the linux version? does it have the same error?

• 3 months later...
Please help my , Btw i'm having the same problem here : "cannot find driver for this platform: ACPI"

on qemu

Did you tried platform=X86PC ?

qemu7tk.th.jpg

BTW, you will not be able to run OSX86 in KQemu + Qemu using Windows as host (Qemu only should work). Disable Kqemu in case it´s installed, the CPU will be emulated and it will be very slow.

• 4 months later...

hi man!

look i need to install OSX86 on mi pc (Atlhon Xp (only SSE support) ) but i couldn´t do it native so i´ve tried to install it with qemu but it freeze on the apple logo and in vervose mode it shows somethin like:

hi mem tramps at 0xffe0000

PAE enabled

Standard timelicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 27730 free pages

mig table max displ = 71

CPU features = FPU DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP PGE CMOV PAT MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 EST

CPU extende Features:

Local Apic version at 0x14 not as expected

enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

[RTCLOCK] frecuency 16000000 (1670009100)

ACPI CA 200511117 [debugleve=0 layer=0]

and freeze in there i look to your post but the file in rapidshare isn´t avaliable anymore so if you can help i´ll be very gratefull

pd: Sorry about my english but i´m in colombia and here we speak spanish

pd2:i´m running windows vista Ultimate (final) is there affect ??

• 10 months later...

It works!!!!!!!!!! I got QEMU running and KQEMU is also installed!

Key: I have a Yonah processor, similar to the ones they put in earlier Intel Mac Minis.

Runs nice and fast. I'm running it right now! (But not posting from it. :thumbsup_anim: ) It says I have a Pentium 2, but it is a Celeron M. I will get some screens soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm running QEMU 0.9.1 on Windows XP, and I'm getting this error. post-167308-1205639840_thumb.jpg

I did follow about the platform stuff, and I'm not running kqemu. I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 P3 700MHz with SSE and MMX, 256MB SDRAM, 120GB hd, and Windows XP MCE 2005. I have the Tiger 10.4.8 JaS DVD ISO.

post-167308-1205638708_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm using Qemu manager, and i got a similar error, I unchecked "disable acpi" and there was no crash, but froe at apple logo, try this in qemu manager and see if it works. (qemu manager is a gui for qemu)

I tried this as well. I was able to solve the ACPI problem by getting the bios of bochs 2.3.7. I was trying to use uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i r3 in qemu. I always get stuck when it detects the bsd root.

edit:

using qemu-0.9.0 and no kqemu.

edit2:

yey.. i was able to run it... but it's really slow. :(

post-261777-1217641691_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...