NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Cooooooooooooooool!!!! That's just amazing.....

So what are the limitations of this? Are there any maximum specifications fro games to run?

ok i have the package and im seeing the contents now what am i supposed to do :?

You may want to look at my tutorial. You'll need to copy the game content inside it.

Alright. I'm going to try SimTower and get back to you all. I know it's an old game, but it's a classic.

And I'm only doing this because SimTower Mac is only for PPC and will only run in Classic mode or OS 8/9.

After that, I'll try out some more fun stuff such as Rainbow Six: Vegas.

EDIT: No dice for SimTower. I wonder if it's just because it's not a 3D application. That really shouldn't be the case as Cedega (the basis for Cider) is designed to run any Windows apps.

Also, going to try Star Wars: Battlefront later as well as Tribes 2.

EDIT2: I couldn't get Tribes2 to work, either. I don't really get it. I copied all of the necessary .dll files and edited the Info.plist but still no results.

Also, I'm not going to try Rainbow Six: Vegas because it's SM3.0 only and Cedega only supports SM2.0, so I'm pretty sure that it's same to assume that Cider only supports SM2.0 as well.

Okay, this is kind of pissing me off. I've tried 3 games now and none of them work.

Apparently, Oblivion and SimCity 4, NFS:U2 and NFS:MW work. How come none of the games I tried work?

Would anyone care to rewrite a tutorial or something? Obviously, I'm missing something very important.

EDIT: Sorry if I came off as a little impatient here. I'm just tired and I'd really like this to work with some games...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Okay, this is kind of pissing me off. I've tried 3 games now and none of them work.

Apparently, Oblivion and SimCity 4, NFS:U2 and NFS:MW work. How come none of the games I tried work?

Would anyone care to rewrite a tutorial or something? Obviously, I'm missing something very important.

I Sortof got Oblivion working, but the graphics dont display correctly, its all white

wow this actually works!

i have NFS:Carbon working perfectly. but i don't have surround sound, is there a directx plugin i should add to "system32". plus the colours are a bit screwy and i have the wrong resolution, and i cant use the custom res changer because im not technically in windows....

but im glad it works! thanks

RandomX :thumbsdown_anim:

I'm running 10.4.8 Tubgirl Final (for MAD) with 10.4.9 Upgrade by Myzar (for AMD). But I haven't tried to many games yet (because I don't have them all installed), I'll try GTA: VC today and perhaps some Sims-Games (cause my sister should have them installed on her PC).

Oh and I almost forgot. There's another cider game out there. It's some WoW-Clone Online Game. You can find informations on the cider Homepage. Maybe someone can try to run something with this one, cause I had no time to research to much about it, but the "demo" for Mac is only about 40mb. Good luck.

ok...

on 1049 works (forgot to add AppleHDA driver :()

RandomX: can't you change resolution from game?, for me it works

fobis: read the tutorial carefull, maybe you missed something

and for full surround i will have to do some searching, if i will find anything, i'll let you know.

I'm running 10.4.8 Tubgirl Final (for MAD) with 10.4.9 Upgrade by Myzar (for AMD). But I haven't tried to many games yet (because I don't have them all installed), I'll try GTA: VC today and perhaps some Sims-Games (cause my sister should have them installed on her PC).

Oh and I almost forgot. There's another cider game out there. It's some WoW-Clone Online Game. You can find informations on the cider Homepage. Maybe someone can try to run something with this one, cause I had no time to research to much about it, but the "demo" for Mac is only about 40mb. Good luck.

the game you mean is Myst Online: URU Live. you can download the demo from apple

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/game...ineurulive.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jmnj9exbdx <-- crack for Most wanted [ thanks someone]

Again I am speechless , it works fine. I gotta say I am pretty amazed that it works in the first place

A place to check if your game works

http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wik...he_Old_Republic

Again GMA 9xx series is not going to work as they lack of Hardware Pixel Shaders and other complex stuff. On the other hand , DX8 Games would 'just work' fine

HOMM5 works with Intel GMA, manual says, but Myst has in plist file, that Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine is "InsufficientRenderers". On my Intel PentiumD SSE3 + 5900XT + 10.4.9 none works, in console i get "wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger..." or just black screen or black screen with mouse cursor

HOMM5 works with Intel GMA, manual says, but Myst has in plist file, that Intel GMA 950 OpenGL Engine is "InsufficientRenderers". On my Intel PentiumD SSE3 + 5900XT + 10.4.9 none works, in console i get "wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger..." or just black screen or black screen with mouse cursor

This is exactly my problem on 10.4.9, even though I also tried the same things in 10.4.8, I always get black screens before the main video of the game, then I'm thrown back to desktop. My console sais the same thing as you.

Is there a workaround for this error:

"Cannot find 640x480 video mode"

This comes up with GTA 3 and Vice City.

Is there a command line command which sets a custom resolution ?

//edit

oh: "This title currently does not work on systems with an ATI card."

from http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wik...uto_-_Vice_City

Tried Tomb Raider Legend, Virtua Tennis 3, or Sam & Max.. All don't seem to work. Managed to edit the registry manually editing the reg files in Transgaming. It seems games that have some menu before launching the actual game (to configure the resolution, etc) don't work.

And yep, NFS does work on my hack.