NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Been following the topic for a while but just can't get GTA: San Andreas running.

At the moment, it goes fast through the splashscreen until it reaches the 'Made for Nvidia' logo than freezes.

I usually wait a while and then press the space key or click (on the trackpad) which makes the game suddenly boot up to the San Andreas logo and just as quickly quit.

I'm running Cider on a MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo on Mac OS X 10.5.2 Leopard.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Howie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i "found" a ready .dmg of nfsc on the web . Installed on a clean system leopard 10.5.2.

The game starts for me but crashes at random times for instance sometimes during the game or sometimes at the first screen. i believe the problem (looking at the console) is this :

3/17/08 7:17:57 PM [0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448] err:virtual:is_memory_manager_disabled could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

3/17/08 7:18:00 PM [0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448] This sound card s driver does not support direct access

3/17/08 7:18:00 PM [0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448] The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.

3/17/08 7:18:00 PM [0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448] This sound card s driver does not support direct access

3/17/08 7:18:00 PM [0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448] The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.

3/17/08 7:21:12 PM [0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448] wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

3/17/08 7:21:14 PM com.apple.launchd[91] ([0x0-0x86e86e].com.transgaming.NeedForSpeedCarbon[9448])

Exited with exit code: 5

i change in the config file the emulation setting from winxp to win98 . still crashes. also i set requiremets to 10.5.2 no changes. I even installed on a second drive os 10.4.11 still no difference

my machine is a macbookpro CoreDuo 2ghz 2gigs ram solution accepted:-)

• 2 weeks later...
are u asking for need for speed most wanted widescreen hack

Search and Download 'Universal Wide Screen' software

after downloading do the following in windows,

1-You would have to change the .exe file , from which u start the game to speed2.exe

2-Select underground 2 in the tab

3-Patch the .exe file to whatever resolution you want

4-Finally run game and change the game resolution to 640x480 and u will have whatever resolution you patched it.

5-Once it has been patched it can be run in OS X with the same resolution.

Note: You can use this with any need for speed and many more games listed in it.

wow, you answered :( my 1-year-old Question thzz lol

well, i was asking if i can do this in mac, but the things turn out it can .....

but later i got a intel mac version of NFSC........ no support of widescreen huh??? *censored*

are u asking for need for speed most wanted widescreen hack

Search and Download 'Universal Wide Screen' software

after downloading do the following in windows,

1-You would have to change the .exe file , from which u start the game to speed2.exe

2-Select underground 2 in the tab

3-Patch the .exe file to whatever resolution you want

4-Finally run game and change the game resolution to 640x480 and u will have whatever resolution you patched it.

5-Once it has been patched it can be run in OS X with the same resolution.

Note: You can use this with any need for speed and many more games listed in it.

wow, you answered :( my 1-year-old Question thzz lol

well, i was asking if i can do this in mac, but the things turn out it can .....

but later i got a intel mac version of NFSC........ no support of widescreen huh??? *censored*

• 3 weeks later...

yes it has black spots becuase there is no shader support in cider i think but im not sure

it happens with me also

u should try run it on latest version of cider

• 2 weeks later...
But i can do the graphics update whitout internet connection?

Is possible to download the packet from internet and then install it?

thank you

Yea you can... you just have to go and get the update of the apple web site.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
here is a proove :wacko:

Most Wanted works too.

Here is how to do it!

--HOWTO--

1. you need and NFS Installed Cracked version (no-cd crack!!!)

2. download Heroes of Might of Magic V for osx (search ussaul places)

3. apply crack on it and see if is running (if it does your good to go)

4. Do show package contents on the heroes app and go to "Contents/Resources/trnasgamming/c_drive/Program Files/" and put there Your Need For Speed installed game

5. Copy this dlls from windows into c_drive/windows/system32/: d3d9_24.dll to d3d9_32.dll (you can find this dlls on the web too)

6. Open Info.plist from Contents folder and change Cedega Game dir and Name to:

<key>CedegaGameDir</key>

<string>c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Most Wanted</string>

<key>CedegaGameName</key>

<string>c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Most Wanted\speed.exe</string>

Or what's the folder you put in transgamming/c_drive/program files/

Save the file, cross your fingers and click the application.

Let me know if it works, and if you have other questions.

Needed files to run NFS

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TPRUW9W

http://www.mediafire.com/?bnfa2zkzdkx - MIRROR

NEW FILES (not full tested)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6duoynmjxo9

HOWTO PDF - thx to WordBG

http://www.box.net/shared/q2kklm4uxc

for xtra developers, here are some info about cedega

http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/Main_Page

Also... seems that oblivion works too (thanks to suzuka)

here is how

edit Oblivion.ini file and put it in

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Heroes of Might and Magic V Preferences/p_drive/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion

There are also some other changes to your config file (Located at /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/Heroes of Might and Magic V Preferences )

find

"PixelShadersLevel" = "1.4"

and change it to

"PixelShadersLevel" = "2.0"

and find

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "100" (or simmilar)

and change to

"AbsoluteMouseSensitivity" = "1"

Everyone, can join #games now on irc :D

let's go developing from there :D

i dont understand