NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

here is a proove :whistle:

Most Wanted works too.

Here is how to do it!

--HOWTO--

1. you need and NFS Installed Cracked version (no-cd crack!!!)

2. download Heroes of Might of Magic V for osx (search ussaul places)

3. apply crack on it and see if is running (if it does your good to go)

4. Do show package contents on the heroes app and go to "Contents/Resources/trnasgamming/c_drive/Program Files/" and put there Your Need For Speed installed game

5. Copy this dlls from windows into c_drive/windows/system32/: d3d9_24.dll to d3d9_32.dll (you can find this dlls on the web too)

6. Open Info.plist from Contents folder and change Cedega Game dir and Name to:

<key>CedegaGameDir</key>

<string>c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Most Wanted</string>

<key>CedegaGameName</key>

<string>c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed Most Wanted\speed.exe</string>

Or what's the folder you put in transgamming/c_drive/program files/

Save the file, cross your fingers and click the application.

Let me know if it works, and if you have other questions.

I suppose you also need Cedega to get the trick to work. Can you tell us where to download it for Mac (maybe I just didn't look carefully enough)? Anyway this would be very kind!

How about reading before posting? Heros uses cedega to let the game play on a mac. Inside there is the Windows Heros-Version. What he did (and what is kinda genius) is replacing heros with carbon. So it'l execute carbon insead of heros. That's really useful. But plase uplaod an empty version of the game (with nothing inside) because i really don't want to download 1.6gb of an (for me) unimportant game just to try it out and perhaps play some gta on my mac. Thanks and contrats to this very cool information! :)

How about reading before posting? Heros uses cedega to let the game play on a mac. Inside there is the Windows Heros-Version. What he did (and what is kinda genius) is replacing heros with carbon. So it'l execute carbon insead of heros. That's really useful. But plase uplaod an empty version of the game (with nothing inside) because i really don't want to download 1.6gb of an (for me) unimportant game just to try it out and perhaps play some gta on my mac. Thanks and contrats to this very cool information! :)

Instead of accusing me you can explain me how it should be obvious to suggest from the How-To posted that Cedega is indeed included in Heroes of Might and Magic V?

Anyway I agree with your idea to upload just the basically necessary files and folders. If this is not easier, it is at least time saving for those who want to try this method.

First because he said to replace the content *inside* of heros and he also said it works via cedega. Second because Transgaming (The Procducer of cedega) mentions it on their website.

can some 1 please tell me how to get cedega :?

heros of might and magic V is an cider-game. the how-to shows you the way to get cider from heros of might and magic

@som3on3 can you upload the necessary files and folder from heros of might and magic v

i doesnt have nfs at home but i've try it with San Andreas. Its not working. Now i test Simcity 4 Deluxe

not all games are running, to make them run, you need a little tweak on them.

the files i sent has dx9 to run, i'll try to find san adreas and test.

I created a little tutorial how to make such games (and change the icons, to make it look better, but i guess you should know howto).

Anyway here's the pdf: http://www.box.net/shared/q2kklm4uxc

The Upload of the template will take another half hour, thanks to my slow internet connection (16 kb/s upload :A)...

edit:

Here's the Mirror: http://simpleupload.net/download/88750/HOMAMV.zip.html

I tested every Need for Speed game after NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, in my system nothing runs. I get the black screen to the upcoming video from the game, then I'm thrown back to my Mac desktop.

I'm on a Hackintosh with 10.4.9, Titan, QE/CI enabled...

I tested every Need for Speed game after NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, in my system nothing runs. I get the black screen to the upcoming video from the game, then I'm thrown back to my Mac desktop.

I'm on a Hackintosh with 10.4.9, Titan, QE/CI enabled...

Please provide more more information about your comp or any logs file

also...

get Heroes V and see if it is running

let me know, thx