Vista  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Did you purchase Vista?

• Yes, online
    • Yes, in a store
    • Yes, it came with my PC
    • No

72 posts in this topic

No. I got Windows Vista Business edition through my University's MSDNAA program... and to be quite frank it's the worst piece of software I have ever installed on my Machines, I got rid of it after about 8 hours after getting fed up of typing my password over 300 times! - And that was just to use my normal applications. I also recently tried Vista Ultimate... which sucks too compared to OS X.

So i'll be sticking with OS X and XP (in order of preference) thank you very much :D

Please explain how Ultimate is the only 'good' version ? You get what, DreamScene, Poker, BitLocker and some other things ?

Home Premium is all anyone really needs and I can't believe you actually said Ultimate is the only good version. Have you even checked what the differences between the versions are ?

If you are running Active Directory, Home Premium will be absolutely useless.

I would not pay for a full Windows Vista Home Premium, but I got it for 35€ from an update program from Fujitsu Siemens... OEM version, but still. That's an acceptable price.

I have access to it (legally), and I tested it out in vmware and it sucks. It automatically turns off all the fancy graphics if you video card isn't good enough, you cant even choose. I love Mac OS X, my computer boots & shutsdown about 400% faster than my windows hd. Stay with osx86 if you want a respectable and easy on the eyes interface.

I love Mac OS X, my computer boots & shutsdown about 400% faster than my windows hd.

I think Vista is great, but my PC can run circles around my mac mini and the mac starts up and shuts down faster!

Buy Vista?...

Has no one heard that it will be replaced by Windows Vienna in summer 2009,

Don't belive me google it baby!

Anyway, I thought it was rubbish, would not run my router, adobe golive and no firewire support for me iPod..

So I upgraded to XP pro and it runs lighter faster and has firewire.. awsome!

No doubt by 2009 this will be fixed!??

• 3 weeks later...

Vista is good for some people, and bad for others. I like Vista's UI, but I hate the UAC, and just overall it doesn't work with a lot of my hardware, so I went back to XP. Now I'm using OS X, but I still use XP sometimes.

I haven't bought a Microsoft product in years. I think the last product from Microsoft I bought was Motocross Madness haha. I feel bad for all the PC users who are buying new systems now and being stuck with Vista though. They need to atleast give an option for XP still..

• 3 weeks later...
i have windows ultimate....the only difference between that and home is i have texas holdem.....woooo.

Im no fan of the way Microsoft did their Vista editions (should have been Consumer and Business, Business includes Office 07 standard) but you get a lot more than that with Ultimate. You get all of the Business and Home Premium features. Here, as my Ultimate Box states:

Ultimate Edtion gets:

"Windows Defender and Firewall

Instant Search and Inernet Explorer 7

Windows Aero and Windows Flip 3D

Windows Mobility Center and Tablet PC support

Windows Meeting Space

Windows Media Center

Xbox 360 and other device sync ups

Advanced Backup features (really make Ultimate worth the extra money btw)

Business Networking and Remote Desktop (Why isnt RD in all editions ?)

Windows Bitlocker Drive Encryption"

And, as you stated, Windows Ultimate Extras which so far havent been that great.

Now, im not saying that getting all of the Business and Home Premium features is worth 260$(upgrade, OEM is cheaper) but you get a lot more than one Ultimate Extra ;)

Aside from how much I defend Windows across this forum, I really think Apples got things perfect with one Tiger and one Leopard (and the one Leopard is x86 and x64!!! Vista is two different installs if you want both)

• 2 weeks later...