• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

MacX

MacX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Apples new theme is less metal and more clean than anything that the beta's i have tried. Look at all their current apps they are putting out. NO metal.

That skin is ugly, looks vista ( eww) and does not look macish at all.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Is it only only me that has noticed, but I really thing that the new iWork'08 Trial Window looks a lot like Illuminus.

Attached Files

idividebyzero

idividebyzero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
The programs like iwork that use core image for overlay menus have always looked like that.

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
I could make a WindowBlinds skin out of this (with permissions and PSDs of course :D)

frizbot

frizbot

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I'd like that. I need a dark theme for OS X. I'm disappointed this isn't available.

I had the XP Silver theme in OS X for a while. Yeah, I got tired of it, but it was a nice change, and I had missed ye-olde-Graphite. People can hate Vista, but anything anyone makes for OS X strengthens the platform.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
Yup a dark theme like this would be great for OSX.

ylon

ylon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, indeed it is unfortunate that that theme is not integrated into Leopard. We should have a night and day theme for Mac OS X. Personally, yes, I need a dark theme as all of the appearances of Mac OS X have driven me a little nutty. I'm a software developer that stares into the lcd/monitor all day and most of the night and dark themes are necessary. In TextMate we have some very good themes that help when I'm editing in there, but the overall system needs it terribly. It sounds like we'll get some very nice dark ones from the theme'ing scene with Leopard due to the upcoming changes in ShapeShifter 3.

That's about the only solace I have right now as I don't think Apple quite understands our needs as far as this goes and I've pelted them with radar requests again and again over the last few years.

Cyman

Cyman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I really don't know why the developer of Illuminous hasn't released this theme. It looks fine! I also don't understand why you cannot choose your own GUI style by default without running software like UNO or ShapeShifter, I mean having the choice between Blue and Graphite is not very satisfying. Apple should also let the user decide about opacity of the Menu Bar or any windows - that is the only critics I have about Aqua/the OS X GUI.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
It is not possible to create a theme exactly like that on OSX currently. Though there is a theme like that, named Illuminous

Happy12

Happy12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The themes are really good and looking very cool...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy