Mac OS X Illuminous!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

Has apple confirmed a new theme for Leopard? Im curious.

No, but there seems to be some speculation about it being named Illuminous.

four!

four!

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Ahh I see!

rollcage

rollcage

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

AS nice as this looks now, it'll get old after a while. Too much activity and movement tends to get annoying (*cough* vista *cough*).

Vista doesn't have very much in the way of window effects and movement. It would have to be more like: (*cough* Beryl *cough*).

aliquis

aliquis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

I think a dark coloured theme works better because it's easier on the eyes than a light one. Sometimes it can be painful using my Macbook because it's all so bright, and that's with brightness at the lowest level.

Love the look of the theme though. It looks quite pretty and less bland than the standard grey look.

You can't change the screen gamma on a real mac? Just raise it a little if you can.

rollcage

rollcage

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

You can't change the screen gamma on a real mac? Just raise it a little if you can.

Go into System Preference > Displays > Color. From there choose a profile in the list to the left and click calibrate. You'll be able to set the screen setting to what is most comfortable to you.

INFNITE

INFNITE

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
i'm expecting a smooth gray interface with flatter (and smoother) buttons w/ grayish blue elements (like iTunes). Also, there will be alot of shiny black transparent elements. This is consistent with the interface of the iPhone as well.

MacVertigo

MacVertigo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Yuck.. I don't like that at all.. its too dark.. and it looks like vista. and I'm anti vista

mr.manatane

mr.manatane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
http://biz.yahoo.com...34_id.html?.v=2

DravenJ

DravenJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have you guys heard of looking Glass by SUN Microsystems? Apple is borrowing a lot of ideas from SUN lately, maybe Apple is going to borrow ideas from Looking Glass. Check out looking Glass, it was before Beryl.

http://www.sun.com/s...ass/details.xml

late

mr.manatane

mr.manatane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Borrowing what ?
Looking Glass is one of the most useless interface in the world.
1. It's not finished/usable like beryl
2. All effects are useless (who need to rotate it's windows ?)

Jvpiter

Jvpiter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I am sure that Leopard UI won't look like this. It too ugly for OS X! :thumbsup_anim:

DravenJ

DravenJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
You guys only care about shiny objects. :) Would you have looked at NeXT and thought that would be a killer GUI? Yet everytime you use OSX you are using a polished NeXT GUI. Now the concepts seen in Looking Glass for a 3D environment are before Beryl, and Microsoft. You guys should watch the video demo on the website it shows some great concepts of the GUI besides the screenshots. And yeah Apple has borroweed ideas from SUN, a couple knowns are Zetabyte File System, and Zones (Apple calling them "Spaces").

James

ResX

ResX

InsanelyHack

• Retired
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, People, Macs

Vista doesn't have very much in the way of window effects and movement. It would have to be more like: (*cough* Beryl *cough*).

Yes, but im talking about the glowing effects and the flipping windows chooser. But beryl is another good example of too much movent and activity.

four!

four!

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I like the idea of Project Looking Glass

mr.manatane

mr.manatane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

You guys only care about shiny objects. :hysterical: Would you have looked at NeXT and thought that would be a killer GUI? Yet everytime you use OSX you are using a polished NeXT GUI. Now the concepts seen in Looking Glass for a 3D environment are before Beryl, and Microsoft. You guys should watch the video demo on the website it shows some great concepts of the GUI besides the screenshots. And yeah Apple has borroweed ideas from SUN, a couple knowns are Zetabyte File System, and Zones (Apple calling them "Spaces").

James

Please don't speak about what you don't understand. Solaris Zones is a technology for virtualization, nothing to do with multiple desktop like spaces.
And Apple didn't borrow anything: ZFS is open source dude, everybody can use it.

PS: I already USED this interface, it's a lot more than just looking at this video.
You can't do anything with looking glass, there are too few applications and they are ugly.

apowerr

apowerr

InsanelyMac Deity

• Retired
  • 1,875 posts
I thought the GUI looked pretty cool. Itd all depend on the resources it ate though. I love my Vista, and damn, it loves RAM!

t3mur

t3mur

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Everything Interesting.

http://biz.yahoo.com...34_id.html?.v=2

Now thats an article that makes me so impatient till WWDC07 from the tip of my toes to the top of my head!

Core Animation = New what we call "desktop" ^_^

Neo0019

Neo0019

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I think it dosent look like a Mac theme at all.

Tried

Tried

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
could be impoved upon. if one mac theme could satisfy all users, shapeshifter wouldn't sell now would it? i guess its just personal preference.

PowerPPC2289

PowerPPC2289

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I really hate the dark look. Its too gloomy, I much prefer the aqua look to that concept, my guess is, apple wont make the UI so dark and if darkness is implemented, it wont be so overpowering and it certainly wont be everywhere. Itunes 7 already has a 'dark' streak to it on the navigation panel on the left, and I dont particularly like that either, it looks very vista-ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy