Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

So I've tried installing it once so far on an Athlon64 X2 system... quick results:

(ASUS A8N-32 SLI Board, nForce4 Chipset, Socket 939 AThlon64 X2, ATI x1300 Video Card)

IDE/SATA Stuff:

-) SATA works in the installer, but seems to write bad data to the disk. The installer fails, and subsequent reboots show that the entire partition I created is corrupt.

-) Install on IDE works great...

Kernel:

-) I chose the Universal 2 kernel, the 10.4.9 AMD package, and the ACPI from 10.4.8. System booted up just fine. Noticed though that the kernel_task program was taking 70-80% of idle CPU time for some reason. COudl have been doing some indexing or something, didnt look into it too much.

Video:

-) I just chose the ATI X1XXXX driver. .. which didnt work. Re-installing with the Natit package selected (which worked previously on my 10.4.8 installation)

Misc:

-) Ethernet worked.. Gig-E worked great

-) Audio worked

-) USB worked just fine

Now I'm trying again... this time I'm removing the ACPI thing per the Universal Kernel instructions, and selecting the Natit + ATI X1XXXX packages. We'll see how it plays out...

So with the Universal Kernel 2, removed ACPI thing, Natit + ATI X1XXXX packages ... the ATI packages stil ldont work, but the kernel seems better off. On bootup it does see that the CPUs have two power states (which is actually far fewer than there really are) -- but then ACPICPUThrottle reports that the CPUS were not reported by ACPI and that we should not be doing throttling.

The Video drivers still dont work .. but once you install the Natit x1300 packages it works just fine.

for some reason though I did a software update and the system now won't boot. it hangs @ Adding brows domain local ... going to let it sit for a bit, and then try a reinstall.

Is there any way to verify the running CPU frequency in OSX without using that application thats included on the Uphuck dvd? That app doesnt seem to work properly on my system

you must not install acpithrottler and coreduotemp on AMD and the drivers are only for most common hardware, I even did not put alc88x or ati9xxx packages for example, you should install your uncommon hardware drivers by yourself after install..

Hi uphuck,

I downloaded the image, burn it to a dvd (Successfull).

I started to install on a fresh disk, selected the Intel kernel SSE3 - Kernel Pani.

Then I restarted the installation and just selected the Intel SSE2 8.9.1 Kernel, Booted fine But ::

1 - When I click About this Mac, it logs off and had to re login again.

2 - No Broadcom detected.

3 - Even my wireless card (Safecom USB Wireless) which was working fine in 10.4.8 after installing the drivers for mac provided on its cd, doesn't work.

4 - CI and QE working, 1280*1024 res. GMA900.

the Only Issue I am facing is About the mac...any suggestions for it ?

Kind Regards

Mutahir

PS : Thanks for a great dvd.

I cleaned up the mass amounts of demonoid invite requests that were "polluting" this thread. :(

We have a seperate thread for demonoid invites and requests.

Hello Colonel,

I just noted in your sig, that you have a patch for the about this mac issue, nothing comes up when I click the link, any help?

Regards

Mutahir

mutahir

you have sse2, so kernel panic with sse3 is normal, you can also selecet universal kernel

i wrote about broadcom prev. page.

you mean safecom usb wireless is automatically detected by 10.4.8 jas install? if you mean this then you should try IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.8

uphuck,

I left the coreduotemp off, but not the other one ... guess I'll try reinstalling again.

has anyone done the apple updates after installing the 10.4.9 dvd from uphuck? ive had problems twice rebooting after the updates. the 2nd time, i didn't even do the security update, and still had issues.

is everyone newbie? reboot with -v (verbose mode) and see the error messages. but first read the instructions and descriptions of packages

you should write your motherboard details, nearly the most important part.

Crash4419

choose IOATA from 10.4.8, dont choose ati agp, it only works when selected with ati x1x00 and it's for atix1xx series agp, try to install spesific ati driver for your ati

you can also use universal kernels and dont choose speedstep and coreduotemp, dont forget to remoce acpicpupowermanagement.kext

boot with -v (verbose) at hd boot to see what's happening

Doug the Impaler

no, the jmicron ide boot is still a problem, sata-ide convertor or installation to physical drive over vmware can be the solution.

microsoft whiz
this only happens when your image is corrupted or if you have an hardware error during installation, i tested all the packages and scripts, they are ok. if you check your image md5 and write it slowly and successfully you wont get this error and of course you should make a clean install, not upgrade.

you took pictures but the most important part is not seen: exactly which packages you selected and your hardware details.

The final result: A OK except

I have Windows XP installed on a separate Drive how do I Dual-Boot?

Why is my display set on 1024x768x32? I need 1280x1024x16.

USB Camera/Jump Drives not working but USB Mouse+Keyboard is.

My PCI Creative Audio Card is not working but my Onboard is working.

Help me out please

you have to search each solution for yourself.

1. search chain0

2. Nobody know.

Mac Os X : UPHUCK 10.4.9_1.2

Motherboard: UNKNOW

Prossesor: UNKNOW

Memory: UNKNOW

HDD: UNKNOW

Grapics: UNKNOW

Sound: UNKNOW