Patchstick Issues

ssbands04

11 posts in this topic

I made a patchstick key using the instructions here: http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Patchstick/Testing

I had it working, and SSH was enabled.........but then something went wrong so I had to restore the ATV to factory settings.......

But, now I go to enable it again using the Patchstick, but when I go into terminal and try to ssh into it, it's telling me something about the Host Key being invalid and it warns me that "SOMEONE COULD BE WATCHING YOUR COMPUTER NOW" and stuff like that

I'm trying to just install ssh without opening the case at all.........thanks in advance for the help

the warning is standard and the host key is generated first time you use SSH, it will have changed when you restored the system (like installing a new os) just accept the key, you wont be asked again (unless you restore the system to default again)

malty

Yeah but that option isn't even there.........It says that it won't let me connect until I replace the key and it tells me where to find it

I'd really like to get this working again, and I don't understand why it just stopped working anyway.....If you've got a better solution without opening the case, please let me know