ALC880 Audio works!!!

skippyretard

236 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

[edit] I've found a solution. Both Azalia and HDA works now, even if I've only sound out with headphone, and I've only mic with one of the two extensions.

If any of you want a copy for the kext (10.4.6 and .8), I can send it.

Edited by Pethrus

• 1 month later...

Hei Pethrus

My english is bad too..... (I speak finish and russian)

I have same notebook and same problem...

f any of you want a copy for the kext (10.4.6 and .8), I can send it.

Can you sand me your kexts and solutions?

Thanks!

WBR Igor

mail to grand_t@mail.ru

[edit] I've found a solution. Both Azalia and HDA works now, even if I've only sound out with headphone, and I've only mic with one of the two extensions.

can you send to me? pauloamgomes@gmail.com

thanx

i've followed the instructions but i can't do the sound works, i have an asus z92j, with alc880, and Jas 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel, i had sound out in Jas 10.4.7, but in the new version i tried to do the same and it doesn't work.

please i need help to put line in/out

• 1 month later...

Thank You!

Now the sound works.. And I've spent SO much time trying to figure out how to fix it.

The only problem is that I can't change volume (actually I can, but it won't change the volume itself) and headphones doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

It's a Realtek ALC880 on a laptop.

Edited by THROBiX

Thank You!

Now the sound works.. And I've spent SO much time trying to figure out how to fix it.

The only problem is that I can't change volume (actually I can, but it won't change the volume itself) and headphones doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

It's a Realtek ALC880 on a laptop.

thats the problem with the AppleHDA.kext for alc880

its alot better to use AppleAzaliaAudio. the sound will come out of your headphone jack instead of your internal speakers. and you will have volume control, not just on and off.

to get the fix click the helpful file's page link in my sig and its the azalia audio fix for 880 toward the bottom of the page.

-DiaboliK

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Dear... u r doing a great job... i will be highly obliged if u will send me the 10.4.8 version of this file.... on my address :

aligator007@gmail.com

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have laptop FS Pi1556 with Realtec ALC880. I reinstal my 10.4.8 (I haven't audio before) and I use AppleHDA.kext witch I found in this topic. Before add It to Extensions I delete AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (I backup it before). Then I repear my permisions and restart my pc. After that operations I have only LineIn and LineOut (headphones) working (i can't hear sound from speaker).

My laptop has two ports from sound card: Microphone (input) and SPDIF/Headphones (output)

Please help me with my laptop.

I add my AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[edit] I've found a solution. Both Azalia and HDA works now, even if I've only sound out with headphone, and I've only mic with one of the two extensions.If any of you want a copy for the kext (10.4.6 and .8), I can send it.
can you send me your kext pls? I'm using 10.4.8. my email address is benji_bomerman at hotmail dot comthanks!
[edit] I've found a solution. Both Azalia and HDA works now, even if I've only sound out with headphone, and I've only mic with one of the two extensions.If any of you want a copy for the kext (10.4.6 and .8), I can send it.
can you send me your kext pls? I'm using 10.4.8. my email address is benji_bomerman at hotmail dot comthanks!

• 1 month later...
Try using this AppleHDA.kext.zip Delete the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and add this to your Extensions folder. Repair permissions and reboot.

Happy to report this worked for me after 3 hours of searching for a solution here.

JaS 10.4.8

Intel D915PBL Mobo

ICH6 - ALC880

Volume slider doesn't work, but I don't care since its my desktop and my speakers have a separate volume control.

Thanks for the kext :(

For those with ALC660/861

Hi you guys,

we're trying to get to some results on ALC660/861 on the thread ALC660.

lots of people with ALC660/861 + Asus F3Jc are experiencing a lot of dificulty with this particular soundcard.

It is similar to the hardware used on other systems that work with 2 channels, but, when used with Asus F3Jc it remais completely silent, and without output controls.

Why don't you go there and share your experience with this soundchip? It could help.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9&hl=alc861

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec . i just installes zep's 10.5.2 Version Rev.1

there was no sound out of the box.i used "beta4some886_880" now sound is okay ( i can't confirm 7.1 ). But in system profiler NO-Built-in Audio is detected.and line in is also not working. is there any fix for that many of them had success :( can any one help me. the solution which is posted earlier can it work for this latest build...? :D

16h3ew7.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a I915 GAG with a Audio Adapter Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller, I have running 10.4.8 version and the sound don't work at all, there are some patch for this, any one else please had have the same problem...thanks in advance.

I've finally got my ALC880 audio working on ECS 915-m5 mobo. Many people have had same problem so here it is.

1)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/info.plist

2)add 0x26688086 under <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key><string>0x27D88086 0x26688086</string>

3)save and exit

4)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/

5)delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext

6)Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

7)select your hard disk and click repair permissions

8)Reboot

You should now have Line Out and Line In working!

*EDIT* After the first reboot I had Line Out and Line In, I noticed only AppleHDA.kext's were loaded. Another reboot loaded AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and now I only have HD Audio Output. I will experiment more tonight, I was enjoying telling my PC what to do with Speech Recognition.

*EDIT* This only seems to work with ICH6

*EDIT* I no longer have a 915 mobo do to a severe lightning storm, so my support on this will be limited.

All,

Does this work from all OS X versions Ie Leopard??

I've finally got my ALC880 audio working on ECS 915-m5 mobo. Many people have had same problem so here it is.

1)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/info.plist

2)add 0x26688086 under <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key><string>0x27D88086 0x26688086</string>

3)save and exit

4)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/

5)delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext

6)Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

7)select your hard disk and click repair permissions

8)Reboot

You should now have Line Out and Line In working!

*EDIT* After the first reboot I had Line Out and Line In, I noticed only AppleHDA.kext's were loaded. Another reboot loaded AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and now I only have HD Audio Output. I will experiment more tonight, I was enjoying telling my PC what to do with Speech Recognition.

*EDIT* This only seems to work with ICH6

*EDIT* I no longer have a 915 mobo do to a severe lightning storm, so my support on this will be limited.

I have a ALC862. I have it working but not 100% (cuts out a lot and no volume control). Here is what I am using now.

I am wondering since all three of these chipsets are based on the same family (ALC880/ALC260/ALC861).

Then why cant I get my ALC861/2 based chip to work as well as people with the ALC880 chip?

Can someone from this topic take a look at what madtux has done here and fix it so it works like the ALC880 does? Volume control & make it so it does not cut out all the time.

PLEASE skippyretard PLEASE.. THANK YOU for your consideration.