ALC880 Audio works!!!

skippyretard

236 posts in this topic

Just to clarify, after copying this file to extensions folder you need to repair permissions and delete .kextcache and .mkext and reboot. You will get the "you need to restart your computer" message, press the reset button (DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER just reset) you may have to do this two or three times and then it will boot into the desktop with sound enabled. I have this working on 8F1111A.

The file should work with any 10.4.3 kernel (8F1099, 8F1111, and 8F1111A)

This kext causes a kernel panic ("you need to restart your computer" message) no matter how many times I reset the computer. Same occurs using original kext from 8F1111.

Using AppleHDA.kext from 8F1099 audio works, but volume control doesn't.

I changed IOPCIPrimaryMatch to 0x27D88086 in AppleAzaliaController.kext, it loads, audio works and so does the volume control.

My mobo is a MSI 945P Neo Platinum, which kext should I use?

Please take a look at http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=5221

Thanks.

For some reason, my Line-in is working, but my Line-out is not.

I have moddified the AppleHDAController.kext and entered in the same devID line for the AppleAzaliaController.kext under IOPCIPrimaryMatch. I deleted the .kextcache and .mkext files and after rebooting the volume bar appeared and in system preferences> sound> it listed HD Audio Output and Line-in. But I still cant hear anything from the output, my integrated speakers or through my line-out jack. The sound was turned all the way up and unmuted.

Could it be possible that is enabling sound out of a channel that there is no jack for?

I have a Asus notebook and it only has one line-out and built-in speakers...

Edited by ThePhased

For some reason, my Line-in is working, but my Line-out is not.

I have moddified the AppleHDAController.kext and entered in the same devID line for the AppleAzaliaController.kext under IOPCIPrimaryMatch. I deleted the .kextcache and .mkext files and after rebooting the volume bar appeared and in system preferences> sound> it listed HD Audio Output and Line-in. But I still cant hear anything from the output, my integrated speakers or through my line-out jack. The sound was turned all the way up and unmuted.

Could it be possible that is enabling sound out of a channel that there is no jack for?

I have a Asus notebook and it only has one line-out and built-in speakers...

Go to Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup and try changing your speaker output.

Edited by skippyretard

yes, after doing a cold boot you have to delete .kextcache and .mkext again. go into BIOS and disable your sound so you can boot into OS X, then delete the files, select restart, and go into BIOS to enable sound again. when you save and exit the BIOS it will warm boot. when you get to the "you must restart" screen use the jumper to do another warm boot. sometimes it works on the first warm boot, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3. good luck!

Xeon3D and Kc Wayland, My board has ICH6, if yours has ICH7 you should try 0x27D88086 in AppleHDAController.kext

When I went into BIOS to disable my audio, it resetted and still shows the restart screen so I can't boot into OS X to delete the files.

Edited by XP1

no need to disable audio in BIOS. Try booting in safe mode (-x).

I can't boot in safe mood becuase I didn't set the timeout (in seconds) for the Darwin boot loader.

It just loads without asking to press the return button.

Edited by XP1

I can't boot in safe mood becuase I didn't set the timeout (in seconds) for the Darwin boot loader.

It just loads without asking to press the return button.

Ok, a little search did the trick. Pressing F8 repeatedly, booting in safe mode (-x) did not work. It still shows the restart screen.

yes, after doing a cold boot you have to delete .kextcache and .mkext again. go into BIOS and disable your sound so you can boot into OS X, then delete the files, select restart, and go into BIOS to enable sound again. when you save and exit the BIOS it will warm boot. when you get to the "you must restart" screen use the jumper to do another warm boot. sometimes it works on the first warm boot, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3. good luck!

Xeon3D and Kc Wayland, My board has ICH6, if yours has ICH7 you should try 0x27D88086 in AppleHDAController.kext

I deleted the .kextcache and .mkext file with MacDrive but it still shows the restart screen, so I edited the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController/Contents/info.plist back to the original but it still shows the restart screen. What do I do?

Did you delete them again after you changed it back? I guess this trick only works with ICH6 boards, as no one seems to have it working with ICH7. Unfortunely I don't have access to a ICH7 to try to help.

Yes, I deleted .kextcache and .mkext after I changed the info.plist. Why does it show a restart screen even though I changed it back?

I have an Intel 915GV and on thier site it says something about ICH6:

Intel® ICH6 Family: ICH6, ICH6R

http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/915g/

Edited by XP1

I got both input/output in 8F1099 by removing AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (you can try move it to another folder for safe). As I understand, AppleHDA and AppleAzalia conflicts with eachother and may cause no sound working or only output works. (this works for my ALC880. I not sure that any ALC8xx will work that way)

In 8F1111 with Wesley patches I got "kernel panic" and didn't solved this problem yet.

Edited by Gris

My mobo is ausu P5LD2-VM with ALC 882. I had the same kernel panic problem with this mobo. In my computer, the problem occurs because of AppleHDA.kext. The kernel panic problem goes away when I remove 27d88086 in Info.plist. For me, the straightforward method was to remove the whole AppleHDA.kext. I guess ALC 882 does not depend on AppleHDA.kext at all.

My mobo is ausu P5LD2-VM with ALC 882. I had the same kernel panic problem with this mobo. In my computer, the problem occurs because of AppleHDA.kext. The kernel panic problem goes away when I remove 27d88086 in Info.plist. For me, the straightforward method was to remove the whole AppleHDA.kext. I guess ALC 882 does not depend on AppleHDA.kext at all.

Do you have ICH7?

anybody ever recorded sound with the 'line-in' option on the alc880 (applehda.kext only).

there is a line-in shown - but if i plug in a mic and try to test it nothing happens: in all jackets.

anyone ever recorded something with the alc880?

Line-In is not amplified, it is ment to connect external audio device not a mic. A usb mic should work.

Hi,

I have also a P5LD2-VM mobo

I have the 8F1111 version

I tried everything but I can't ge the sound working.

--> I've also tried to delete appleHDA and kextcache. It boots without kernel panic but still no sound.

Any idea ?

Otherwise, eveything works great. network with windows XP, shared EPSON CX6600 printer on mac OsX86,

hmm this is strange.... i got my soundtrack working a couple of days ago..

worked great... until now? now my device is gone?

if i look in the info.plist the old "0x27D88086" is gone, but the other that I added to info.plist is still there???

I followed skyppyretards guide this time too, but the two files that I should delete was not found? (Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext) Is it important to delete this two??

My hope is to get it working now after my reboot..

But I wonder if there are more people with same problem (got it working, and then it disappears)?

And tnx for your guide skippyretard=)

//zymme

Edited by Zymme