ALC880 Audio works!!!

skippyretard

236 posts in this topic

Did you try adding your DeviceID to the Azalia kext?

here ist my edited Azalia kext ...

<string>AppleAzaliaAudioCodecALC880</string>

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880 0x10ec0882</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>10000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOHDAudioCodecDevice</string>

but I have no Sound ....

and in System Profiler is no Audio ...

here ist my edited Azalia kext ...

<string>AppleAzaliaAudioCodecALC880</string>

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880 0x10ec0882</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>10000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOHDAudioCodecDevice</string>

but I have no Sound ....

and in System Profiler is no Audio ...

Sound works now!

with the edited kext and audio-Midi konfiguration

i have Sound on Port 7 of the Audi Connectors of the Motherboard,

only Stereo .. and not 5.1 but iTunes work ... fine ...

Thanks to all!

Sorry I've been MIA lately, glad to hear you got sound working WiOmac. I think I've figured out what I need to do and how to do it, but I can't seem to find the source code forAppleHDA.kext on the Darwin website. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be very helpful.

Plugged speakers into front headphone jack and sound works! There is alot of static though and system sounds don't play correctly. Any ideas there?

Ok I already tried pulging my speakers to the front jack but still no sound, I did lots of things and I don't know if any of this may be interfereing, I added 0x76818384 to AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist so now I got the audio output listed on the audiopanel, then I tried adding 0x76818384 to AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext but that didn't work either (for either jacks, front and back), then I forced to load AppleHDA.kext but that wouldn't let Azalia load, no luck eitherway. What am I doing wrong? At leas I want to have Audio comming from my front panel. Do I need new speakers?

MacP4, I can't seem to compile it either. guess it's not as easy as I thought. what mobo do you have?

bebox, try 0x24c58086

cyrana, I scanned that thread before but missed the discussion on the AppleHDA.kext. That certainly would have saved me some time!

ghost98, try putting 0x76808384 in the AppleHDAController.kext info.plist. Someone in the thread cyrana pointed to got they're 9223 working.

MacP4

That won't work, I've already tried it, but was worth the try, the bad thing is that I lost my display configuration and I can't seem to get it back...

yeah, I just finished installing 8F1111 and went thru the same thing. I just disabled audio in BIOS, deleted extensions.kextcache, and repaired permissions on the drive. After reboot set audio in BIOS and all was good again. HD Audio Output works but no MIC or LineIn.

So I am I right in saying that in 8F1111 on ECS 915-m5 mobo HD Audio out should work with the changes in AppleHDAController Info.plist? I'm not quite clear about this as the kext specifies ICH7 and I thought this mobo used ICH6 Audio. AppleAzaliaAudio.kext needed changing too, adding in 0x26688086 (is this really necessary?). However, on boot and after the reboots described by skippyretard the HD driver works until the computer is powered off. On switching back on no HD Audio on sounds in system Preferences or mid! Any suggestions. have I got it all wrong or is this experienced by others?

Thanks for all the hard work folks!

Edit: didn't need to change AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Still doesn't work after powered off. Needs extensions.kextcache and .mkext deleting each time with double reboot.

Edited by hnnrs

So I am I right in saying that in 8F1111 on ECS 915-m5 mobo HD Audio out should work with the changes in AppleHDAController Info.plist? I'm not quite clear about this as the kext specifies ICH7 and I thought this mobo used ICH6 Audio. AppleAzaliaAudio.kext needed changing too, adding in 0x26688086 (is this really necessary?). However, on boot and after the reboots described by skippyretard the HD driver works until the computer is powered off. On switching back on no HD Audio on sounds in system Preferences or mid! Any suggestions. have I got it all wrong or is this experienced by others?

Thanks for all the hard work folks!

Edit: didn't need to change AppleAzaliaAudio.kext. Still doesn't work after powered off. Needs extensions.kextcache and .mkext deleting each time with double reboot.

Here's a new one for ya, the HD Audio Kext freezes on my Asus P5LD2-VM, and won't load any audio. It has a unique panic debugger. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Ok here is the key to the Asus board's sound puzzle. The controller card id in windows is:

The whole string:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_10430000

Device Instance Id:

All Same except FUNC_01&Ven_10EC&Dev_0882&Subsys_10430000&REV_1001\4&9de81e8&0&0001

So the goal is to figure out the controller ID, because the default causes a Kernel Panic, and if it's changed to something else... it loads ok.

We need an old version of applehda.kext, anyone got it?

>>>>>EIP: 0x00192a93

and photo of all information screen shows, for Maxxus, don't wear it out folks.

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/1143/eip4gt.jpg

(any other info you need, i'm checking in twice an hour all day, will send virgins.)

Had a similar panic, which disappeared when disabling HDaudio on my 945G (P5LD2-VM) or removing AppleHDA.kext from the installed system.

I replaced AppleHDA.kext with the 8f1099 version, deleted kextcache and mkext and rebooted to a working audio.

Hope this helps

I've finally got my ALC880 audio working on ECS 915-m5 mobo. Many people have had same problem so here it is.

1)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController/Contents/info.plist

2)add 0x26688086 under <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key><string>0x27D88086 0x26688086</string>

3)save and exit

4)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/

5)delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext

6)Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

7)select your hard disk and click repair permissions

8)Reboot

--

yeah, I just finished installing 8F1111 and went thru the same thing. I just disabled audio in BIOS, deleted extensions.kextcache, and repaired permissions on the drive. After reboot set audio in BIOS and all was good again. HD Audio Output works but no MIC or LineIn.

I've tried to do the same (I also have this Realtek component, but on an Acer TravelMate 8104), but I have no sound...

Anything else I should do, or did you change anything else under 8f1111 (I have the 8f1111a)?

I've tried to do the same (I also have this Realtek component, but on an Acer TravelMate 8104), but I have no sound...

Anything else I should do, or did you change anything else under 8f1111 (I have the 8f1111a)?

Hey Try and get the 8f1099 applehda.kext file. That's what I need to, in order to get it to work, you may need the same, or at least something to try.

-Kc

Hey Try and get the 8f1099 applehda.kext file. That's what I need to, in order to get it to work, you may need the same, or at least something to try.

-Kc

Where did you get it?

I have the 8f1109 DVD, but I can't find it there... Anyone?

I would be greateful for just output, can anyone point me in the right direction (for 8f1111a)?

Can you simply switch the appleHDA.kext from one build to another?

I heard you can with this particular one and make it work still. Most won't though. If it doesn't work simply restore the old one. As it is the default applehda.kext will cause my system to kernel panic if I have audio enabled and applehda not disabled. To get the file we must find someone with it and then post it here, so all the audio problem people can benefit. I have gone on every post and found nothing yet. I have sent messages to people as well. We need to find someone who will spend like 3 seconds and post it ;)

-Kc

Just to clarify, after copying this file to extensions folder you need to repair permissions and delete .kextcache and .mkext and reboot. You will get the "you need to restart your computer" message, press the reset button (DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER just reset) you may have to do this two or three times and then it will boot into the desktop with sound enabled. I have this working on 8F1111A.

The file should work with any 10.4.3 kernel (8F1099, 8F1111, and 8F1111A)

Edited by skippyretard

Well it loaded I think, but I did edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext earlier, should I not have done that?

Edit:- Still working on it, found my backup of Azalia, and trying it out... hopefully works... Nope hm..... Any suggestions? I will continue to hack at it...

Edit2:

Tried a kextload of AppleHda.kext.... and it says a load link error occured. Whatever that means..

Ok found the problem:

Validation Failures

"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundle Version does not match executable's module_version" = true

Missing Dependencies

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily =

No valid version of this dependency can be found...

So if I change some code in Iohdafamily... maybe just maybe it will work...

Yeah, no it didn't... but i have moved the sub plugins out of the Applehda folder, and moved them by themselves in extensions

Nope.....

So is there any way to completely disable HD audio... I just want audio period. Two Chanels. And it looks like the ASUS board was not the way to go :)

Just to clarify, after copying this file to extensions folder you need to repair permissions and delete .kextcache and .mkext and reboot. You will get the "you need to restart your computer" message, press the reset button (DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER just reset) you may have to do this two or three times and then it will boot into the desktop with sound enabled. I have this working on 8F1111A.

The file should work with any 10.4.3 kernel (8F1099, 8F1111, and 8F1111A)

i don't have a reset button on my computer. i only have a power button. what do I do?

Yeah, I know this isn't a very good solution, but I got pissed off and bought a $49 fix. I went and got a USB 24 Bit Sound Blaster Live USB sound card. Works great, sounds great, and no headache. Plug in and away you go!!! God bless them. I needed the sound to work by monday for a specific task, and it just wasn't going to cut it for me, oh well... Hope you all have better luck, but that asus board has some issues I think when it comes to the new build, well I mean for sound at least.

Open the side of the case and use a jumper to short the reset pins.

The system fans didn't turn off when restarting so I guess it's resetting properly. I resetted it 8 times and it still shows the restart screen. Could the reason be that I turned off the computer holding the power button a couple times before I did this?

Edited by XP1

The system fans didn't turn off when restarting so I guess it's resetting properly. I resetted it 8 times and it still shows the restart screen. Could the reason be that I turned off the computer holding the power button a couple times before I did this?

yes, after doing a cold boot you have to delete .kextcache and .mkext again. go into BIOS and disable your sound so you can boot into OS X, then delete the files, select restart, and go into BIOS to enable sound again. when you save and exit the BIOS it will warm boot. when you get to the "you must restart" screen use the jumper to do another warm boot. sometimes it works on the first warm boot, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3. good luck!

Xeon3D and Kc Wayland, My board has ICH6, if yours has ICH7 you should try 0x27D88086 in AppleHDAController.kext

yes, after doing a cold boot you have to delete .kextcache and .mkext again. go into BIOS and disable your sound so you can boot into OS X, then delete the files, select restart, and go into BIOS to enable sound again. when you save and exit the BIOS it will warm boot. when you get to the "you must restart" screen use the jumper to do another warm boot. sometimes it works on the first warm boot, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3. good luck!

Xeon3D and Kc Wayland, My board has ICH6, if yours has ICH7 you should try 0x27D88086 in AppleHDAController.kext

Yeah, that causes a kernel panic with the Asus board unfortunatelly. I don't think it will work this version. It was well worth the 50 bucks to have BEautiful Audio via my little USB buddy :hysterical: